Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Arnav wants Khushi's happiness

Posted: 12 years ago
I haven't been able to understand Arnav since the whole engagement and farq padta hai debacle but today I think what I saw was that Arnav wants Khushi to be happy.

When they were shopping and Khushi said 'Hearts only break in real life' I think Arnav realised (or thinks) that he can only ever give Khushi heartbreak and tears so he decides to step back. No more forcing her to realise her feelings because what will it achieve once she's accepted her feelings? He can't give her all the things that he knows/thinks she wants - religious and traditional husband to love her a lot.

I mean as far as Arnav knows Khushi's fiance is a very nice guy who will keep her very happy and he thinks she willingly agreed to get engaged. Also it should be noted that Khushi cried to get her ring back. While the audience knows that Khushi cried because Buaji was being a cow as usual but Arnav probably thinks her engagement is really important to her.

So coming to today's episode we saw Arnav's concern for Babuji's health but I think this was more concern for Khushi's happiness and not wanting her to be stressed out or worried. Again when he looks through the window to see her happily hugging Payal you see a sense of calm and also regret that he couldn't provide her with that happiness but at least she is happy.

Thanks for reading through my ramble :)
Edited by nayika - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CrazyAbtTV18 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i hope so.. he is quite complicated to understand.. and Cvs too hardly show his inner feelings..
Originally posted by: CrazyAbtTV18

i hope so.. he is quite complicated to understand.. and Cvs too hardly show his inner feelings..

Honestly he's so hard to understand! I think he needs like an inner monologue once in a while just to make sense of all his contradictory actions.

I was having the hardest time figuring him out since the week before last but I think I'm going to stick with this interpretation. The reason he's not trying to actively break Khushi's engagement or his own is because he thinks its in her best interests.
moon_mine thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
bt i thnk arnav knws that khushi s nt happy wid her engagement!!!!
the scene wid anjali...where he says...agar pyaar nai karti toh shaadi kyun kar rahi hai..n all that...he knws that!!!

n moreover wen evryone ws askng fr shyam today...he ws really uncmfrtable...bt as soon as he saw khushi...his xpressions chngd to like...smthng is bothering her regarding the relation!!!!

it's jst that he doesn't want to cnfrnt her regarding this...as he knws that it will only brng tears to her eyes!!!!!
Originally posted by: moon_mine

bt i thnk arnav knws that khushi s nt happy wid her engagement!!!!

the scene wid anjali...where he says...agar pyaar nai karti toh shaadi kyun kar rahi hai..n all that...he knws that!!!

n moreover wen evryone ws askng fr shyam today...he ws really uncmfrtable...bt as soon as he saw khushi...his xpressions chngd to like...smthng is bothering her regarding the relation!!!!

it's jst that he doesn't want to cnfrnt her regarding this...as he knws that it will only brng tears to her eyes!!!!!

He knows she's not happy with it but I think he also thinks that it's the best alternative. That if he stepped back with his aggressive half-hearted expressions of love or whatever it is thats between them then she could be happy/content with the kind of guy that she says she wants. Someone who has all the qualities she desires in a partner (she clearly implied that he had none of them)

I didn't really see that he thought she was bothered by the relation but I thought it was more just that the subject of her engagement and her fiance was awakward between them because of everything he'd said regarded the financial status of her husband and being unable to afford the lengha.
moon_mine thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: nayika

He knows she's not happy with it but I think he also thinks that it's the best alternative. That if he stepped back with his aggressive half-hearted expressions of love or whatever it is thats between them then she could be happy/content with the kind of guy that she says she wants. Someone who has all the qualities she desires in a partner (she clearly implied that he had none of them)

I didn't really see that he thought she was bothered by the relation but I thought it was more just that the subject of her engagement and her fiance was awakward between them because of everything he'd said regarded the financial status of her husband and being unable to afford the lengha.

i agree wid ur first para...
bt the second one i can't quite agree...bcos his looks were nt of regret...bt of question...as to wats her problem is regarding the relationship!!!!
anu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
really nice post dear...explained it really well
yaar you are right he wants to see her happy...
but now the truth is on the way...so will he trust Khushi I just want him to see all in his eyes who is his jijaji and want him to marry Khushi not as a hate marriage but may be a deal.bit ok
serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: nayika

Honestly he's so hard to understand! I think he needs like an inner monologue once in a while just to make sense of all his contradictory actions.

I was having the hardest time figuring him out since the week before last but I think I'm going to stick with this interpretation. The reason he's not trying to actively break Khushi's engagement or his own is because he thinks its in her best interests.

Lovely post Nayika!

@ bold - YOU SPOKE MY MIND!! I was thinking exactly that. Arnav's happiness at seeing khushi happy and hugging her sister was like a riot of emotions in him. He was happy to see her happy, rueful that he wasn't directly the source of that happiness and yet content that somewhere he was indirectly responsible for bringing her the joy!! I mean these are a bundle of complex emotions that Barun just displayed with one crinkle of his beautiful eyes.

And I agree, he backed off after fark padtha hai because he knows even if he makes her confess, he can't give her the joys of marriage and pure love that she truly deserves. So he is content watching her happy from a distance.

Ooo that inspire me to post a poem I wrote long time ago called "From a distance". Keep your eyes peeled for that post.

hugs!!
JennyAvni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I agree he is so complicated to understand😕...After reading this my total POV has changed for the last 3-4 episodes...
My 1st thought was gosshhh arnav is so  complicated to understand..😕

Hmm...mein iss serial ke bare mein itna sochta hu ki again mein ne isse tarah padayi ki hoti to mein College topper hoti...🤣

Originally posted by: moon_mine

i agree wid ur first para...
bt the second one i can't quite agree...bcos his looks were nt of regret...bt of question...as to wats her problem is regarding the relationship!!!!

I guess it depends on what you see in Barun's oh so expressive eyes! I think we need the CVs to explain his thinking to us properly.