Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

6.12.11- King Paundrak Introduced

Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
A woman with her child is shown begging in the village of Sudama. Sudama gives a cloth for the child and also some food for them to eat. He also tells them to mediate on the name of Shri Krishna as He will save them from all their worries.

Suddenly a person appears from the crowd and says that Vaasudev is a very bad person, he is known only for his atrocities as well as for his magic tricks, He can never be a  noble person.

Sudama gets disturbed hearing all this and counters that person saying good things about Krishna. But then the person says that Vaasudev stays in Paundrak Nagri. Sudama again corrects him by saying that Krishna stays in Dwarika. Then they understand that this 'Vaasudev' whom the other person is referring to, is another person, who is the king of Paundrak Nagri.

SB and JV are astonished! How could a person say so many insulting words about Shri Krishna. But Shri Krishna tells them about King Paundrak of Paudrak Nagri, who imitates Krishna in dressing style and also in action (without understanding their significance).

Now a few glimpses of Paundrak are shown to the audience, the way he is dressing (like Krishna)- ornaments, clothes, Sudarshan Chakra, Shankh and also 'mor pankh'. Now he comes to his 'raajsabha'. One person comes to the court and says - 'Maharaaj Vaasudev ki jai'! His son is dead, since the king is very powerful, so the man requests him to revive his son. Paundrak becomes happy after hearing his 'stuti' and does some magic (invokes the power of different gods etc) and we see the son is alive again. The person becomes happy as well as the all the 'prajaa', they start 'jayaddhwani'- 'Maharaaj Paundrak ki jai'!

After that, outside the court, that person (the father) is shown to meet a soldier, who gives him money ( or 'swarnamudra') and tells him to go away from the city, so that no one can find out the trick which is done in the 'raaj sabha'. The person accepts the money and agrees to the proposal of going out of the city.

Sudama along with his family are shown sleeping peacefully, but Sudama can't sleep properly. He keeps on remembering the words of that person who told him many abusive words about Vaasudev in the morning. He decides to go to Paundrak Nagri himself, to find out the truth.

SB and JV ask Krishna  whether Sudama will be in a danger if he goes to visit King Paundrak. But Krishna explains that He gives every human being a chance to correct himself. The same will be given to Paundrak thr' Sudama,. Now it will be upto the king whether he decides to utilize that opportunity or not. 
Edited by Debipriya - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
^ Members, Please feel free to add, if any detail is missing in the Update.

Now my comments- nothing much to write. Just the consolation is that at last they have returned to an original story 😊  unlike the prev one πŸ˜ƒ. But yes, inclusion of Sudama in this story!!!!!! πŸ˜• What more can we say??? πŸ˜•  Lets see...
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Like I remarked yesterday, the CVs are so much in love w/ Sudama that they've made him the emissary to Paundrak 🀣  Anyway, it's good that he's now donating alms instead of begging for them.

Like I said, I had no idea that he had any brothers.  He had a friend - the ruler of Kashi.  But in the court of Paundrak, it looked like both Rukmi & Narakasura have been recycled there, and are enjoying their new roles.  Even a wife was shown for Paundrak, who like all villain wives, seems fearful of what her husband is doing.  Maybe Paundrak got her to imitate this serial's Rukmini, who'd get concerned whenever an apshakun hit Krishna. πŸ˜†

But one major blooper that was shown was the discus.  First of all, the Sudarshan chakra is something that rotates on Vishnu's finger, doesn't merely rest on it, like it did here.  Also, Krishna only invoked it when he needed it, otherwise, he didn't have it on him.  But Paundrak was shown always w/ hand upright holding the discus.  His hand has to ache after hours in such an unnatural position.  

But the bigger problem was that the original Paundrak did not have the Sudarshan chakra, and sent a message to Krishna demanding it, and also demanding that Krishna stop using the various symbols of Vishnu.  That was what provoked Krishna to go to Karusa.  There, he told Paundrak that he was handing over his chakra to him.  The rest was history.

If they are showing a Balaram as well, I do wish that we get to see the real Balarama again.  But I wonder what Krishna will do this time - will he stay w/ Satyabhama & Jambavati while another Krishna goes to battle Paundrak?  Or will he leave them & go to fight it himself?  This image of Krishna watching his own activities on TV has by now grown on me πŸ˜†

I am guessing that Paundrak will give Sudama an insulting message to give to Krishna, which is essentially demanding that Krishna stop calling himself a god and stop using Vishnu's symbols.  Sudama will hesitate, & Murli will come again to him to remind him of his duty as a messenger, which is to faithfully transmit whatever message he's given.  And a new lesson on the dooth-dharm.

Incidentally, the name of Paundrak's kingdom was Karusa, near Kashi, and not Paudrak.  See SB 10.66.
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update!😊

I can already see Sudama being an integral part even in the MB track🀣 Maybe in the role of a charioteer of one of the PandavsπŸ˜†

So Vrish does that mean the actors playing Narkasur & Rukmi are playing another role here in this track. Another thing that shows that the PH is finding difficulty in getting new actors... but why???πŸ€”