Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

clarissajohn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Nice and awesome post , neatly written and precise and to the point. No words  yar man halka kardiya. Kudos to you
nishkala thumbnail
Very well written Shilpa...👏infact you have written it very positively..

and yes,The instituition of marriage is very different from the rosy dream world...it requires a lot of adjustment...initially just from the girl's side but later on from the boy's side too...after all, this relationship will span for decades...
I am watching this serial called Parvarish-Kuch katti Kuch Meethi...in that every time the mother makes a mistake,it is the father who rectifies the situation,What I am trying to say is...Boys who  who later on become men then father, have equally important role in any marriage

Edited by nishkala - 12 years ago
Preethi1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
agree dr👍🏼 & nice post👏
appu_12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Shilpa

It is an awesome post. Actaully, however much I ranted yesterday night(which was a lot), I did think about the whole scenario too! I cannot pen down as flambuoyantly as you do but in a nut shell they are here:

Whether it's an arranged or love marriage, a truly happy marriage needs healthy compromises (for the duo as well as the families) from either side along with love and unflinching trust. In case of most of the families the compromise is only to a certain extent, however in our society still there are lots of families where the bride has to do most of it in a one sided manner, as family rules and traditions cannot change overnight(as you rightly pointed out Shilpa). But I feel that with time one can overcome a lot of hurdles, but for that you need to win the trust and the love of the new family! This journey may be not easy and compromises to what extent is the question? This is for sure that as more and more like us are getting financially and mentally independent before we embark on marriage the ability to compromise and accept is also proportionally decreasing! So the "who saat din track" I hope, is an eye opener for Navya and at the same time it should actually make her even more strong and sure of her abilities to  adjust, win over the in-laws and eventually inject positivities in slow doses!

Navya-Sugandha: I agree with you, but at the same time knowing that her son really needs to mature and grow up I would have loved it if she would have talked to them together. The son will know his familiar better right! However, under the circumstances I think this is the best Navya could have done for the time being! After marriage slowly a wife can tell her husband a few things against the family or even the mom-in –law, but before marriage equation is a little different and the fianc might not take anything against his mom so literally!

Navya-RRA: I am a little disappointed in RRA. I thought they already knew how Anants family is, so why so much hoopla! And moreover how nicely ranbir had explained everything to Ritz just a few days back and conveniently she forgot it! I would expect a lot of support from them for Navya as they are the only ones who know both sides of the coin and also have seen her from childhood. Again it's the trust that matters.

Navya-Anant: I again agree with you completely. I personally will not want Navya to quit, true love is something which you rarely come across! Its very easy to say bye to a relationship, but not so easy to build it. Just imagine Renuka had a so called liberal in-laws, well to do husband but what did she finally get out of the marriage. All said and done  Anant and Navya love each other truly, which is something very precious and to think of how many obstacles they have crossed already just being together. However, I don't like this J track at all, it really doesn't make sense at this point of their relationship which is not fragile at all. I still feel that Navya can cross every hurdle  provided she has that rock solid support, love and trust. So, all I would want is a mature strong Anant giving eternal support to his lady and I am sure the lady will have all the capabilities to win over all the hurdles.  

My major request to the CVs in this regard would be to bring back the strong sensible Anant and give him some maturity! That might itself solve a lot of problems.

Finally, this is completely my pov, thanks Shilpa for making me think. I said everything from my experience and wrote a lot!!  

nuttycleo thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
OMG! what an ossum post...speechless...thats how i feel. willcome back to add more comments...but Shilpa...u r a rockstar⭐️👏
divi0506 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Beautifully Written Shilpa⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

You have portrayed the feelings and attitude in an extraordinarily realistic manner!!
soniadutta thumbnail
ya...shilpa,i will agree with u each and every points of u and al;most cleared sum of my doubts and hope cv's will soon also shows the maturity of ANANT too
navyaaddict3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am totally speechless after reading this post, i couldn't have found a better interpretation of  navya's stay at Anant's place. I completely agree with you. Navya has been born and brought up in a family where there were rules and regulations that one could endure. Moreover love and mutual respect laid the foundation of relationship in the mishra house, there isn't any rigidity. on the other hand Anant hails from a family where there exists not only old thoughts but also gender difference makes its presence felt every now and then. In the dinning table perhaps navi couldn't really comprehend the bajpayee rule because she was analysing the situation from  mishra  family view point. I also thought why isn't navi using her common sense but then it dawned on me that she is not used to this kind of family set up and in reality a girl definitely takes a considerable period of time to acclimatize oneself in a new family. The friends should understand navya's priorities because Anant and his family are her destiny. sugandha knows the mental make up of the bajpayees , she knows how little mistakes from navi would generate wrath of bajpayee seniors . perhaps she is trying to prevent navi from creating any further bad impression about herself infront of bajpayee elders because they literally succumbed themselves to Anant's adamant attitude . They did not accept navi whole heartedly hence finding out her faults and criticising her at every point is a feasible option. sugandha perhaps does not want such unwanted and untoward situation. Navya for them is a guest hence in the absence of Mishras she has to be protective. Navya accepted sugandha's decision - she has to create a good relationship with the latter hence it is absolutely meaningless to protest . In future also there might be a little difference of opinion between navi and sugandha , every time intervention of Anant in solving their problems isn't necessary so its better if they both can sort out the issue amicably . I completely agree  with your remark that guys have a tendency to remain inclined towards their mom hence telling him that your mom isn't allowing me to go would actually put three sets of relationship in jeopardy- son and mother, husband and wife , wife and the mother- in- law. Instead of jeopardizing these relations its better if mom- in- law and the wife deal with it in their own way- well it is exclusively my point of view. Girls have to adjust more after marriage is a well- known fact , certain  compromises do occur also but then we women do accept it because when we go to a new family we  always try to strengthen the bond there no matter how much difficulty remains strewn in our path. Really sometimes i think men might act immaturely, impatiently there's hardly any fault but then we women have to remain calm, patient , rationalize, analyze because the onus of maintaining the intricacies of the dynamics of relationship have been put in our shoulders from time immemorial. Navya shall also go through the same process and shall succeed eventually. sorry for the long post.
-Reshmi- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Brilliant analysis Shilpa...Loved to read it...I'm happy to see somebody with a similar thought regarding the episode...I agree with all your points..I was surprised to see many among us upset with yesterday's episode...For me, the episode was a good one compared to the last two episodes...

Navya-Sugandha: Before starting about yesterday's Navya-Sugandha scene we should rewind and think from the mall scene where Sugandha spots AnYa hugging, which was followed by the scene in kitchen where Rama tries to break the news to BD...Lot seems to be upset because Sugandha didn't speak with Anant when he was buttering her to allow him to take Navya to the coffee shop...In my opinion what Sugandha did was the right thing...She being the mother knows her son better...If she speak with him openly, Anant the immature & impatient will argue and wont listen to her...Sugandha is aware that Navya on the other hand is well matured and will listen to her...Sugandha spoke to Navya as her hone wali saas who is worried about Navya & Anant's future after the marriage...Sugandha is the daughter in law of the family where romance have no place even on bedrooms...For her, a hug on public by son and hone wali DIL is beyond all limits...And without any regrets they were planning for a coffe date with friends...From Sugandha's POV, speaking to Navya was the only soultion of the problem as Navya is the one who can lead the immature Anant towars right direction...
I was surprised to see the shock on Navya's face when Sugandha asked her to cancel the coffe plan...As the future daughter in law of the house she should understand and follow the family rules & regulations before someone ask or taunt her pointing her mistakes...The 7 days is an opportunity to know and learn about Anant's family...She should explain the same with her friends before making any plans or promises...

Anant-Navya: Navya handled the matter maturedly...A lie with good intension is not wrong...If Navya disclose the real reason to Anant it will lead to big problems...But, I wanted Navya to tell Anant that what he did in the mall was wrong...I wanted her to make him realise that his immaturish acts are leading into trouble...

Appy-Ritz-Ranbir: Ritz proved that she is not Navya's best friend...She should realise that Navya is engaged to Anant and his family comes first for Navya...Ritz knowing about Anant's family should speak with Navya and ask her about the problem...Here she was cribbing about Navya not staying with her and not spending time with her...Appy looked bit understanding...I wanted to see the friends calling Navya to check whether she is alright...

Dinner table: I blame Anant/Sugandha/Nimisha for not explaining Navya bout  the looney dining table rule...(CVs has given her a dumbo roop for the 7 day looney house stay, so there is no point in blaming the girl)Navya's innocent talks took my BP up...I am glad that Anant stopped her from further talks...
I am surpised that Navya was not upset with Anant after realising the dining table blunder...Thank god, he told her atleast on the third night...The realisation made her comparing Anant's family with her family...This is just the beginning...She will get a lot other chances to compare...In the end of the day the girl is the one who will have to make compramise and adjust with the guy's family...

Precap: I am not sure whether Anant was jealous with Amar's call...The boss calling the new eployee during night time wont look good...I wont be surprised if Anant feels doubtful about Amar...

Sorry for the long comment...I edited and deleted few lines to make it short but still its looong...
Edited by Reshmi_AnYa - 12 years ago
Kayal_SHAMYA thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing post ya😃😃😃👏👏