Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Mami reinforces ASRs POV

momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
I am not going to say today's episode was bad.  In fact I enjoyed it a lot, once I got past the melodramatic haze that was Mami's nautanki and Anjali's ansoo.  I have never cheered for wallpaper..errr Mamaji the way I did today.

While this episode moved the story a step forward (although this whole Mami Payal Akash in the middle set up reeks of SP meddling with the CVs) it also highlighted something about ASR.  Despite our loathing for the 'aukat principle' which ASR falls back on in all dealings, we saw today the MO he has been using on people that have proved him right throughout his life.

When he told KKG professional ya personal, it's not what happens in your heart, it's what happens in your head - there are two things people understand - power and paisa...that was his life philosophy in theory and then he went on to prove it to himself when he dealt with Mamiji.

How well he understands people's motives.  He laid it out there for Mamiji like a deal book.  Pros and cons. This marriage is going to happen with or without you.   Leave and you are back to the aukat you started with, Payal will usurp everything you have worked so hard for - status, money, power.  Stay, and you still have it all.  How neatly he played to what her core principle was.  How excellently he zeroed in on her weakness and toyed with it.  He left the final decision up to her, but he knew she would cave because when he plays this game, status and money mean everything.  This is what has worked for him everytime.  And Mami proved it.

This is also the reason he is attracted to KKG.  As I said elsewhere, she is the one person who does not respond to money and class.  For her, it is all about dil, not the dimaag - so his ploy doesn't work here and it is what drives him crazy and attracts him to her.  KKG doesn't play this game - ASR has to think of a new one that involves emotions. 

Somehow thought, with the way the story is going with Shyam, she will have to be an unwilling volunteer later. 😕

(totally off topic - Barun in a black waistcoat, tie and white shirt - phainting phlat)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bfunofbb123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
what beautiful post dear u really summed up today's epi really well more importantly arnav's! i really liked how arnav dealt with mamji😆 he dealt with it the best way he knows how i like the word u used here' How excellently he zeroed in on her weakness and toyed with it.  ' awesomely said😛 he really knows her & what is important 2 her she won't leave all that she has 4 nothing he was really good as u said he has to use different tactic though with kushi😆 as she won't b moved by his business deal! loved ur post dear tank u keep writing ur thoughts!😛 btw i enjoyed the epi today and a step forward i can't wait 4 tomorrow the raizada's at the guptas yippi and yes arnav looking hot on the pre-cap!Edited by bfunofbb123 - 12 years ago
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: momma1128

I

When he told KKG professional ya personal, it's not what happens in your heart, it's what happens in your head - there are two things people understand - power and paisa...that was his life philosophy in theory and then he went on to prove it to himself when he dealt with Mamiji.

How well he understands people's motives.  He laid it out there for Mamiji like a deal book.  Pros and cons. This marriage is going to happen with or without you.   Leave and you are back to the aukat you started with, Payal will usurp everything you have worked so hard for - status, money, power.  Stay, and you still have it all.  How neatly he played to what her core principle was.  How excellently he zeroed in on her weakness and toyed with it.  He left the final decision up to her, but he knew she would cave because when he plays this game, status and money mean everything.  This is what has worked for him everytime.  And Mami proved it.

This is also the reason he is attracted to KKG.  As I said elsewhere, she is the one person who does not respond to money and class.  For her, it is all about dil, not the dimaag - so his ploy doesn't work here and it is what drives him crazy and attracts him to her.  KKG doesn't play this game - ASR has to think of a new one that involves emotions. 

Somehow thought, with the way the story is going with Shyam, she will have to be an unwilling volunteer later. 😕

(totally off topic - Barun in a black waistcoat, tie and white shirt - phainting phlat)

Hi Anu!

Today ASR told Khushi that once again he was right and she was wrong and that everyone understands only the language of money..or something like that...

I often wonder, is he fully aware of the fact that KKG is an exception to the "paise ke liye kuch bhi karegi" kind of people?! 

The way he spoke to Mami and later to Khushi gave me an uneasy feeling - it was like a not so pleasant deja vu of the previous ASR (the one who had not fallen for KKG). 

What he said to Mami was to achieve a positive result - which it did, but I felt it stoked the wrong thing - somehow I feel that when  Mami came back after listening to Arnav, she has become more 'toxic' than before. Now she will strike against Payal with more venom than ever.

Not a feel-good epi for me at all. 

Edited by sbk2 - 12 years ago
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

good post Anu !!

I agree with your points but I am a little confused about the last part of your post .

How will she become an unwilling volunteer ? Can explain a little what you have in mind ? 

-Nithi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hi Anu,

As usual you said everything in a brilliant way !

According to IPK star plus, 

Kushi:

An 18 year old small town girl from UP, she is simple, rooted in family and is driven by a clear moral compass. She stands for what she believes in, and never lets go of her inculcated values. She will not change herself to conform to people's shallow expectations. She is righteous and intelligent, but slightly naive at the same time.

Arnav:

A 28 year old self-made man, Arnav is ruthless and wants to win at any cost. He believes everything can be bought in the world, including love. He has no consideration for relationships and can manipulate people to achieve his ambitions.

And the 2nd promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMlBloSGhcs

says it all !

And yes mami proved his faith in money buying people once again ! 
Edited by -Nithi- - 12 years ago
current thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
god ANU are you mind reader or what !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just posted this on the AJEEB thread..

Yaar Swethsy.and RENOIR ...I found it ok...The Mondays are always BLE*Y...The episodes are always a DRAG in spite of being straight (FACED) ...For once Mamoo wasn't being a DRAG ..and Mami ji was full on CROCODILE tears..ASR was being a DONGI as usual..
SO he is back to business but you know ..the way Mami was was just reaffirmed his suspicions..I mean this man is such a hard CORE cynic..that for a moment he forgot himself by Khooshi's Pyaar Vyaar..but it just takes one to set him back where he started from..hahhaha
Yaar ..tomorrow the BUA and the snake house..promises..

WAY to go ANU..👏 great minds surely think alike...hahah hear that Ajeebwas..a DONGI and Anu have much in common..👏👏

Edited by current - 12 years ago
incandescent thumbnail
Originally posted by: sbk2

Hi Anu!

Today ASR told Khushi that once again he was right and she was wrong and that everyone understands only the language of money..or something like that...

I often wonder, is he fully aware of the fact that KKG is an exception to the "paise ke liye kuch bhi karegi" kind of people?! 

The way he spoke to Mami and later to Khushi gave me an uneasy feeling - it was like a not so pleasant deja vu of the previous ASR (the one who had not fallen for KKG). 

What he said to Mami was to achieve a positive result - which it did, but I felt it stoked the wrong thing - somehow I feel that when  Mami came back after listening to Arnav, she has become more 'toxic' than before. Now she will strike against Payal with more venom than ever.

Not a feel-good epi for me at all. 

At bold - I had the same feeling. I had the feeling that Arnav's words altered something  in mami. 

-Nithi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: incandescent

good post Anu !!

I agree with your points but I am a little confused about the last part of your post .

How will she become an unwilling volunteer ? Can explain a little what you have in mind ? 

Fari, what she means to say is

During Shyam's revelation, Arnav will be ready to sacrifice himself for the sake of his sister, but why Kushi ? Thats where Payal come in - Kushi would willing participate for Payal - PayAsh marriage - since it was broken once already !

May be Anu, you mean something else ? 
incandescent thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Nithi-

Fari, what she means to say is

During Shyam's revelation, Arnav will be ready to sacrifice himself for the sake of his sister, but why Kushi ? Thats where Payal come in - Kushi would willing participate for Payal - PayAsh marriage - since it was broken once already !

May be Anu, you mean something else ? 

I don't think that's what Anu has in mind...i think I am getting a vague idea though 😆😉

But lets just wait for Anu to explain it ...my thought are scattered now !! it's going in every direction !!

asha... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Anu...Great post

I share the exact same sentiments as you, and your post has said it all. I don't really have anything to add,apart from the fact that Raizada men are very clever, they all know what buttons to push...Mama also knew Mami would come back and hence he let her go. 

Edited by asha... - 12 years ago