Article - Anita, Nandini...on Women's Day

Subaltern thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Women's Day. Celebrate ! Rejoice !!
The Eighth of March. Happy Womens' Day!!! Celebrate ! Rejoice ! It's your day and you can celebrate women empowerment. The men have finally accepted our supremacy over many facets of their lives. We don't see any more of the gender equality morchas, neither do we see any bra burning scenarios. Congratulations!

But friends, the way things are, isn't every day of the year, our Day? Do we need a Special day to announce our arrival? In fact, isn't it now time for men to have their DAY? Let's figure this out.

Shweta Tiwari (Prerna From Kasautii Zindagii Kay): "I believe that women could and should celebrate Women's Day everyday. In the past few years it has been observed that women have become quite liberal in their thinking. They have become independent and are ready to accept and face challenges. I would like to spend this day with someone who recognizes and honours me as a woman in this case it would be my husband cause he accepts me just the way I am. My Idol woman would be my mother and my mother in law. But I get inspired by the slightest of good any woman does."

Smriti Irani (Tulsi from Kyunki Saas bhi Kabhi bahu thi): "I believe that we should celebrate every woman who is educated and financially liberated. Be it a working woman or a housewife. Everyday is a challenge and they are so busy looking after their kids, husbands and in- laws that they rarely take time off for themselves. Its nice if they celebrate this day that is made available exclusively for women. On this day I will be delivering a lecture on Womens Empowerment in Delhi. I get inspiration from my mother and books like Little Women."

Nandini Singh (Kesar from Kesar): "It is really sad to know that women are still not treated with respect and dignity in certain sections of our society. It's only the women in urban India who are doing well. Issues like female infanticide need to be tackled and we as educated people should do something in action to stop this all together. There is no point just sympathizing. And we require more than a day to eradicate this problem. I feel that when issues like these are resolved only then should Women's Day be celebrated. My Idol woman is none other than Indira Gandhi. She was a woman with a strong personality who held her post with pride and dignity apart from being a mother. A remarkable woman who took pride in whatever task she did."

Mona Wasu (Miilee from Miileee): "I don't believe in such days. I think the whole cincept of liberation of women is misinterpreted. There is no such day as Man's Day is it? I think that we should all celebrate Human's Day first. I guess that there are many issues that we as human beings face that need to be tackled."

Anita (Anjali from Kavyanjali): "I believe and think that women rock! Everyday should be celebrated as Women's Day. Todays women are not men - dominated. Its no longer a man's world. Indian women are for a fact changing. You have women who are 30+ who are still not married, doing well in their jobs and are financially independent. They are even looking after their entire family. My Idol woman is my mom who is so open-minded and liberal in her thinking, who supports me in my decisions."

Mrinal Kulkarni (Sonpari from Sonpari): "One does not need a day like this to celebrate womanhood, but I feel that womanhood should be celebrated everyday by letting men know our worth. A woman is worth her capabilities and can do everything and anything under the sun. I don't know whether men have changed or circumstances have changed but know for a fact that men have accepted women for their capabilities. They are aware of what woman power is. My advice to women is that they should be more focused when making personal choices. There is a lot more to do apart from marriage. Marriage I agree is important to start a family, but I would advise them to achieve much more in life and do what they are capable of doing and be financially independent. Also try not to be a super woman. Just be and act the way you are. I have no Idol woman because each person is unique and there is always something new to learn from different people."

Juhi Parmar (Kumkum from Kumkum): "I feel women are no longer backward than how they were before. They are educated, independent and are equivalent or on par with men. I am proud of the fact that women are progressing in different walks of life. Be it the entertainment world or the corporate world women are dominating in every area, sometimes even holding higher posts than men. I don't want to sound clich but the woman that I admire and draw inspiration from is Mother Theresa. She worked selflessly for the poor and downtrodden in spite of being an outsider."

Rucha Gujarati (Suhana from Bhabhi): "Women's day is something very special and makes me want to work even harder. It gives me the energy and zest to keep going and be a mentor for many aspiring women in India. I will celebrate this day by making a promise to myself that each time I stand in front of the mirror I will see a person I can look up to. I will pamper myself with some chocolates and a good dinner with my loved ones. I don't think that any single woman could be an Idol to me because it limits my thought process. I wish I had the wisdom of Mother Theresa, the power of Indira Gandhi, the strength of Jhansi Ki Rani and the beauty of my mother. All these women make me want to be a bigger and better person in life."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sus143 thumbnail
thnx for article anjali luks cute
tv-fan thumbnail
Vj,
thanks for the article..I totally agree with Anita!!!!
--Leena
kaash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanx for the article vj...

very well said , nats 👏 👏 👏 ...she looks awesome in red 😳 😳 😳
ddddd thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks vj bro!

hehe anita and women rok! 😆 ....

shall we hav a women day party tomoro??? ....with anita./.....oh ok bois allowed too cuz of anita! 😆 😉
fm05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thx for the article bro..Anita is so sweet but i have to admit tht Nandini actually had a point and sounded quite sensible for once 😲 😕..the fact tht its still only the City Women of India who are getting ahead..but still not to put a damper on their parade..the day shud be celebrated! 😳 😃
Noor.T thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanx a lot bhai ! and leena di i agree wiv anita aswell BTW anita loks pretty ! 😃

Noor