I'm disappointed with Khushi's change in language

Posted: 12 years ago
Hey, it's Sana! First of all I would like to clarify that I am not bashing Khushi or the script writers or the CVs or the Chai Wala on the sets of IPKKND...because recently, I have been seeing the word "bash" a little too much on the forum. 

So while watching today's fantastic episode (I've watched it like 5 times already), I noticed that Khushi's way of speaking to Arnav changed. Normally, Khushi would say lijiye, kijiye, aaye, boliye, suniye,...etc. But in today's episode I noticed that she said more informal forms of the words like karo, bolo, aao, suno, bolo, ruko. (I know these are not the exact words she said, but you get the picture). Personally, I loved the way she talked before for a couple of reasons. 

She is from Lucknow...aka "Tehzeeb Ka Sheher." Usually when speaking with "Aap" they use the "ijiye" words not "o" words when speaking formally with respect. I loved it when she would say things like "suniye" to Arnav...I would think its just so sweet. Sometimes, when a woman gets married to someone she called "aap" she might still keep the "aap" but just use the "tum" versions of the conjugations to be less formal. But as we all know, it seems a little out of character for Khushi to use "tum" versions of the words. I mean she even is formal with Lavanya so it seems a bit strange. For example, in Geet, at first she used to speak very formal, then after they got married, she kept the "aap" but said things like "bolo." Another thing is that Arnav is a good 6-8 years older than her. Now, considering that they have no real "relationship" you would think that Khushi would still keep things a bit formal. Personally, I just think it was so cute the way she refers and speaks to Arnav as if she is his sweet doting wife. I mean, I think even deep down Arnav likes the way Khushi calls to him "Aap suniye" as opposed to Lavanya's "tum suno." 

I don't want the CVs to change the way she talks. Her character should stay true to her Lucknow ways and I hope she sticks with the "IJIYES" because I personally am dying to see a few "Suniye Ji" scenes after marriage. Lol. This was just my opinion. I didn't mean to offend anyone. :)

Edited by ArnavKhushiLove - 12 years ago
Spoken like a true Lakhnawi...(which I don;t know if you are...but I am😊) and I love your post!!👍🏼

Don't worry hun. Maybe they will bring it bk? Hope so it sounded so cutee!!!
Yeah, even I was finding it out of place suddenly when she was speaking with all respect all the time ! 

There has been always a problem with Payal's dialogues if you notice. I remember her saying 'tu' than 'tum'. 

Similarly, now Kushi's been messed up.

Dialogue writers, please pay equal attention to the originality of Kushi's hindi as you do for her English !

You are 100% spot on with your observation and I am aware that you are not the only one, as I noticed it and have seen it mentioned on other topics by a few people.

Thanks for creating a topic about it though as it will bring it to more people's attention this way.

Hopefully, that episode was just an aberration on the part of the team and Khushi will be back to her previous style in today's episode later. 😊

I luv d way she says 'Arnavji'.
N u r right d writer shud maintain d consistency in dialogues.
Bt i find it wierd wen Anjali cal khushi as 'Khushiji'.
Originally posted by Vistaa

Spoken like a true Lakhnawi...(which I don;t know if you are...but I am😊) and I love your post!!👍🏼

Haha! I am actually not from Lucknow! I'm a Gujarati NRI, but I appreciate the fact that someone from Lucknow agreed with me! 😉
Originally posted by AquaBluez17

Don't worry hun. Maybe they will bring it bk? Hope so it sounded so cutee!!!

Thanks! Yea, I really hope it was just some minor fumbling either on the script or on Sanaya's part. It's cool, mistakes happen, but I just hope they stay true to the character and Khushi goes back to "Arnavji, gari rukiye!"
Originally posted by -Nithi-

Yeah, even I was finding it out of place suddenly when she was speaking with all respect all the time ! 

There has been always a problem with Payal's dialogues if you notice. I remember her saying 'tu' than 'tum'. 

Similarly, now Kushi's been messed up.

Dialogue writers, please pay equal attention to the originality of Kushi's hindi as you do for her English !

Yea, I really hope it's just a mistake. I loved the way she addresses him with so much respect. I think the writers should pay a little more attention...like sometimes, Anji would address Arnav by "aap" and now its just "tum." Same with Akash...I prefer the "tum with her because shes an older sis, but whatever it it, I just wanna stay consistent.
Originally posted by DTeacher

You are 100% spot on with your observation and I am aware that you are not the only one, as I noticed it and have seen it mentioned on other topics by a few people.

Thanks for creating a topic about it though as it will bring it to more people's attention this way.

Hopefully, that episode was just an aberration on the part of the team and Khushi will be back to her previous style in today's episode later. 😊

Thank you! Yes, I noticed someone else bringing this up in another topic as well. I hope the writers are aware of this and reverse back to her old style!