Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

A LOT OF GAY GUYS FIND ME CUTE(article)

_radhika_ thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
by chance i read this article so i thought posting it here and after reading it specially bolded question(below) i understood he is entirely different person from what he looks or presents himself πŸ˜².he is entirely different from naitik and i love naitik.πŸ˜ƒi have not seen any other telly actor giving such bold answers regarding these topics.

LINK

A LOT OF GAY GUYS FIND ME CUTE"

In spite of being one of the most popular faces of Indian television, and having being blessed with a huge fan following, especially female, Karan Mehra is humble and prudish to the T! Just like his sober character Naitik in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, he is dutiful and you won't be surprised to know that the guy is hopelessly in love with his real-life girlfriend Nisha Rawal, whom he proposed to recently. He can't resist mentioning her in almost every question of this month's Hard Talk. Showtime caught up the busy and reticent Karan to know his views on everything under the sun; right from love to Nisha to the most taboo issues!

Tell us about your first attraction.

My first attraction in life towards the opposite sex was in kindergarten, for my class teacher. I would never let her go anywhere alone, not even to the toilet, as I used to really like her. Also, I used to throw my breakfast in the dustbin, go to her and tell her that my mom doesn't give me breakfast, so that I could eat with her from her box! It was very unnatural and not correct, but I was naughty back then. Of course, I got a scolding after that, when she complained to my mother and mother told her that she gave me breakfast everyday.

What was your first date like? How far would you go on a first date?

My first date with my girlfriend Nisha Rawal was very special. We used to always go out, though it was not formal back then that we were actually seeing each other. We regularly went out together, had dinners, even when we were just friends. One of the first few dates would be about three years ago, when we had just returned from the United States, and we went for a romantic and quiet dinner to a restaurant. My first official date was with Nisha and my life is also going to end with her. And I wouldn't go too far on a first date. I never have and won't, as I don't have any expectations on the first date. I go slow and steady, as I don't like to rush things.

What would you wear on a hot date?

I would wear something very casual, nothing special. Say jeans, t-shirt and a casual jacket. No hot colours or superman underwear for me. I think we need to control our hotness quotient and experiments. Too much exposing is not good!

Would you call yourself a flirt?

Absolutely not! Even way back in college, I used to get these complaints, as there were 300 girls in my college and only 15 guys, since I was into fashion designing. I was a topper and so I had a lot of girls coming up to me who would ask me to help them in doing things. But they all used to complain that I didn't even look at them. I have always been very focused, whether it has been studies or work. So that gives you a very clear picture about how much of a flirt I am.

What is your take on one-night stands?

It doesn't work for me. It has become a casual thing to have one-night stands. The way Nisha and I have been brought up; we don't believe in such concepts and are against it. We are really lucky to find each other. We are good souls and human beings. Nisha is more than what I could have ever expected and I am happy. I can't say much about people who do these things. It's not a world where I can teach people what to do. I guess they don't have good soulmates around or are lacking something in their lives. If you can find God, then you can really find a good partner. I believe there is someone for everyone.

Have you ever been attracted to someone of the same sex?

(Looks scandalized) Is this a question? Well, I am very normal. I have no feelings towards guys. I am very much in love with Nisha.

Has a guy ever hit on you?

I will be very frank. Of course guys have hit on me, since I have been a part of the fashion industry. I have met many guys, and though they have not directly hit on me, I knew that they liked cute guys. And I already have the tag of the 'cute guy' in the industry! But I have been quite safe. God has been kind and kept me away from such people.

What is your take on homosexuality and bisexuality?

I think you want to get me into some controversy. There used to be a time and even today, people are opposed to this thought. The government has started making this legal. We should let human beings be the way they are and let them express themselves. All the best to them.

What turns you on in a woman?

Her eyes and her beauty. Actually, it's the combination of her beauty, intelligence and sense of humour. That really works for me. I think you should just meet Nisha, you will understand. She is a bundle of energy, which I can't really describe.

How would you react, if a girl made a pass at you?

At this point, after having Nisha in my life, I don't even look at any other girl. Even if they make a pass, I rarely take it. I just ignore the world. I think I am a lucky guy to have her in my life.

What are your views on pre-marital sex?

As you know, today's generation gets involved in a lot of things and are not concerned about what kind of background they have come from, or the traditions and values that we as Indian people have been imbibed with. Today, people are practical and try to see how compatible they are with their partners, not just mentally, but also physically. If you see it from their perspective, they could be right. But I, as an individual, am not too inclined towards pre-marital sex. According to me, it's a holy, pure and personal thing, so you should really hold on to your horses and do it later.

Do you think men always have sex on their minds?

Oh yes, I think men have sex on their mind, at least 99 per cent of the time. There is this one per cent who doesn't. I also belong a little here and there. It is human nature. Of course, I am not just gaga over it. I am quite in control.

How much importance would you give to sex in a relationship?

It would be 10 on 10, as sex is very important in a relationship. It is very essential, not only to be physically connected but also to be mentally and spiritually connected. There are a lot of facets to a relationship, so you should try to keep it alive in all the spheres.

Do you see yourself in a purely physical relationship?

Not at all. It's been three years with Nisha and it's not been only physical. It's about being with each other and not about being physical all the time. Otherwise there won't be any difference between us and animals. We would just be animals in human form.

Do you think nice guys have a tough time getting the right girl?

It is true. They say matches are made in heaven but they happen once in a blue moon. I think if you are good at heart and a good human being, good things will happen to you. It might take time and it will take a toll on you. That's what I have seen. I have never had a girlfriend. But I finally met Nisha, when I was 25. She is my first girlfriend, at this age. Prior to her, people would always tell me that I was a nut to be single. But I would tell them, I wasn't getting the right kind of girl. I still remember the first time I saw Nisha in Chanda Ki Doli' I had told God I wanted a girl like that. I didn't know that one fine day he would give her in my hands. It's been a long wait for me. But it's been worth it.

Why do men love bitches?

I don't like bitchy women. I don't like backbiting and bitchiness happening around me. Maybe, it suits their tastes. I have no clue though.

Have you experienced the casting couch?

No, I haven't experienced the casting couch. Not yet. God has been kind. A lot of gay guys find me cute but I haven't gotten into wrong hands. I was working behind the camera for three years and then went into advertisements, which is a clean line. I didn't want to get into films, because of all this. That's why even Nisha is not into it. Television is a nice medium. It's nice to find a guy like Rajan Shahi, who has been really kind. He showed me the way and now there is no looking back.

Showbiz entities are assumed to be loose. How would you react to such assumptions?

Of course, there are a lot of assumptions and notions. We are the immediate people viewers can see and make comments on. It's very easy to do that. As an individual and an actor, I have a lot of responsibility on my shoulders. I have to set an example also, to youngsters and old people, who can look up to me and say, this is the right kind of guy. A lot of my fans and even those who randomly meet me, when they speak to me for a minute, they are very pleased as they come to know what kind of a guy I am, as it comes across. Being humble and nice, without throwing tantrums, plays a very important role. People look up to you. If you show attitude, you will have a future that will shut down too soon.

Would you take back your partner who has strayed in a relationship if she regretted it later?

I don't even have to think about that. Nisha and I are way beyond all this. We trust each other. These things will not happen.

What is your opinion on open marriages/open relationships?

A lot of people are comfortable doing that. Obviously, there is something missing in their lives. Everyone should try to keep their relationship alive, so that these things do not happen. If there are problems, just try to work on it instead of breaking another house.

Tell us about your wildest fantasy
(Laughs) There is no wildest fantasy. I have been working so hard, I don't even get any dreams as such! (As an afterthought) Too famous to be printed! I can't answer this question.

*COURTESY: Showtime

-- K K Rai
Edited by naina49 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kala_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
it has already coem nothing new

Kanza04 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
y r u always after karan mehra?
spare him yaar
plz stop posting such topics  πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
aksharafan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
d source of articl must b vry cheap n parents must nt have tought manners 2dem !!

self made posts r not welcum at ol !!!! learn manners !! or ask ur parents 2teach dem nw !!! bludy assholes !!

karan is vry sweet guy !! stop ur rubbish !!
kala_09 thumbnail
stop bashing karan please u r hurting all karan fans please stop doing this 
-Swasti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
bold answers by karan πŸ‘
ZaaraBB thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
He was honest...the article was entertaining..some parts had me laughing..thanks for posting..at the end of the day he is a MALE..LOL..even though i skipped thru some of the stupid partsπŸ˜†Edited by _naksh_raz - 12 years ago
_radhika_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: aksharafan

d source of articl must b vry cheap n parents must nt have tought manners 2dem !!

self made posts r not welcum at ol !!!! learn manners !! or ask ur parents 2teach dem nw !!! bludy assholes !!

karan is vry sweet guy !! stop ur rubbish !!

its not self-made,he has said it all,i have not cropped it.u can check the source...this forum has rudest members.

first u learn manners as without knowing anything you have no right to bash me...i have not written anything offensive and i have never used words like bludy in my life and i even dont know proper meaning and this shows whose parents have taught manners.😑
Edited by naina49 - 12 years ago
kala_09 thumbnail
close this topic yaar please stuti  take some action against who post like this really they were spreading negativity in the forum please cant see any one bashing our fav actors like this please
_radhika_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: kala_09

close this topic yaar please stuti  take some action against who post like this really they were spreading negativity in the forum please cant see any one bashing our fav actors like this please

its not bashing,its just a aricle.your fav  karan has said this all,i have not said anthing...its this a place which is entitled for only praising actors?Edited by naina49 - 12 years ago