Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

Irrespective of Karishma's background, she always comes across as someone who is easy to get along with and generally has no airs about her.

Well done to her for making the first move to break the ice.

Wish a few Bolly celebs would learn from her, staring with her sister.

I agree😊
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: tvdekha

Ever since Abhishek Bachchan and Karisma Kapoor broke-up in 2003, the two actors and their families have avoided each other.

But if eyewitnesses are to be believed, Jaya Bachchan and Karisma were more than cordial with each other at a recent magazine award function that felicitated the latter as the style icon of the year.

It's obviously surprising, considering that not just Karisma, but even her sister Kareena has avoided working with Junior B ever since their engagement was called off. 

Says an eyewitness, "Everyone from Bollywood stars to industrialists and people from the fashion fraternity were present at the function.

And people were quite surprised to see Karisma walking up to Jaya Bachchan and greet her. In fact they shared a warm hug, which made it clear that there is no bad blood between them anymore."

It probably just goes to show that both Abhishek and Karisma have come a long way since their break-up. The two are now happy with their respective families. Adds the source, "They seem to have let bygones be bygones. Karisma even congratulated Jaya on the baby girl in their family.

Of course now since Karisma is all set to make a comeback, she may see no point in not letting go of the bitterness as there could be a time when she may have to work with members of the Bachchan family."

Interestingly, their tables were placed next to each other too, so we wonder if the organisers were trying to play peacemakers. As they say, there are no permanent friends or enemies in Bollywood.

@blue... thts hard 2 believe becos they r related...shweta is married 2 karishma's cousin, i doubt she wud b able 2 avoid them

@red... i dnt thts y she hugged jaya 2 make peace.. cos she didnt gt along with dino, bt stil did a movie with him...n neva let it cum between their professional work... evn with amisha patel during mere jeevan saathi, due 2 kareena they didnt gt along initially bt r den sed 2 hav gt along well... 
personally i dnt think she wil do a movie with the big b or abhi ever...
Edited by Yuvika_15 - 12 years ago
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Originally posted by: bamboocopter

so, why was Mata B making face when Karishma was taking the award?!  πŸ€”

seen a photo on BC's blog. 

lol... exactly... i dnt think they wil eva b as close as they wer bt they hav 2 b cordial n shw 1 another respect becos they r related... shweta is married 2 her cousin-bro---n the kapoors as we knw r very close so m sure der hav been many times wer the bachchans n karisma hav cum face 2 face... no news was made thn, so y nw?
stars4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tvdekha

Apparently there was no show of hard feelings when Junior B's former fiancee Karisma Kapoor met his mother Jaya Bachchan at an awards event recently

Ever since Abhishek Bachchan and Karisma Kapoor broke-up in 2003, the two actors and their families have avoided each other.

Karisma Kapoor and Jaya Bachchan

But if eyewitnesses are to be believed, Jaya Bachchan and Karisma were more than cordial with each other at a recent magazine award function that felicitated the latter as the style icon of the year.

It's obviously surprising, considering that not just Karisma, but even her sister Kareena has avoided working with Junior B ever since their engagement was called off. 

Says an eyewitness, "Everyone from Bollywood stars to industrialists and people from the fashion fraternity were present at the function.

And people were quite surprised to see Karisma walking up to Jaya Bachchan and greet her. In fact they shared a warm hug, which made it clear that there is no bad blood between them anymore."

It probably just goes to show that both Abhishek and Karisma have come a long way since their break-up. The two are now happy with their respective families. Adds the source, "They seem to have let bygones be bygones. Karisma even congratulated Jaya on the baby girl in their family.

Of course now since Karisma is all set to make a comeback, she may see no point in not letting go of the bitterness as there could be a time when she may have to work with members of the Bachchan family."

Interestingly, their tables were placed next to each other too, so we wonder if the organisers were trying to play peacemakers. As they say, there are no permanent friends or enemies in Bollywood.

i dont believe this article ...this event was held on 9th or 11th nov but baby was born on 16th nov then how come she congratulated jaya even before the birth of baby girl...
Thanks for posting that Jaya pic, tvdekha. I shall be using it for next year's Halloween πŸ˜†
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think the families has ease out the tension. Also they are inter related with Karishma's cousin is the husband of sweta bachan. Abhi seems to have problem with kareena and dropped her from lot of projects but I guess he can't do the same now. 

Jaya with Kareena at star screen awards 2010

http://www.pinkvilla.com/files/imagecache/ContentPreview/M_Id_133131_talk.jpg
Edited by Chamkeeli - 12 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
^^^Time time ki baat hain...at one time he was considered hot property and KK was going thru a rough phase career-wise. Now situations have been reversed.
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Waqt kisi ka saath nahin deta. Har friday badalta hain πŸ€£
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Jaya might have hugged Karisma out of joy that atleast SOMEONE remembered she too has a relationship with Baby B.

LOLπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† yh she always complains hw she is sidelined...in fact i dnt think ne of the bachchans wud b talked abt if it werent 4 big b... n thts onli gna last til he's in da industry, luk at actors like dilip kumar n rajesh khanna tht wer mre bigger than big b in der times, nw tht they hav stopped acting, no1 talks abt thm...bollywood sab ugte suraj ko salaam karte hai...once ur out no1 bothers abt u
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think more than anyone it seems to me from all that I have read that Babita, Karisma's mom, was the one to blame for the break up. I think Karisma is regretting that she chose to leave Abhishek and marry that douchebag Sanjay! LOL! Poor thing! She could have had a good life with Abhishek...he is a good guy!