Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: uamaz

I agree that we should give the some notice before we did stop commenting but also want to hear Sparrow's idea too. 

If we do this (stop working) we need to get everyone who is commenting and in the fan clubs to buy into our idea, and join us, that's the only way we will see a sharp plummet and get a response from India Forums.

But just as we anticipate a rise in rankings every Tuesday it will be fun to see the sharp fall and see what they make of it...but we need to be all together to do this...afterall isn't our campaign called Hum Saath Saath Hain.
Ichangedit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I again agree with Nafisa. It wouldn't make much sense, if only a few stopped commenting. We need everyone to stop, if we decide to do that.

Forgot to ask if they have answered anything on the threat you opened to make them stop using the BuzzArticles, Nafisa.
Edited by d-luna88 - 12 years ago
uamaz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nafisa_blossoms

If we do this (stop working) we need to get everyone who is commenting and in the fan clubs to buy into our idea, and join us, that's the only way we will see a sharp plummet and get a response from India Forums.

But just as we anticipate a rise in rankings every Tuesday it will be fun to see the sharp fall and see what they make of it...but we need to be all together to do this...afterall isn't our campaign called Hum Saath Saath Hain.

Agreed, need everyone's saath and support. Hopefully they will buy into it f we went that way 
NazmaJ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Whatever we decide I'll join in!!
It is disappointing that all our efforts are not garnering results but if strong steps are to be taken then we need to all be in agreement!!

A lot of the increases of the other celebrities this week have been as a result of tellybuzz articles.
sandyuk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I shall do as I'm told!

But I would just add that we need to syop commenting on a Sunday as ranks are decided from Sunday-Saturday (but published a few days later.

Also, I don't think it is a good idea to get people to 'unjoin' fanclubs. When we decide to start up the campaign again it would be hard to recover the number of fans in the club easily.

Nafisa, your idea is good because then if ranks fall - it is because we have decided to let them fall. We will not feel so deflated as we are doing at the moment because telly buzz articles are favouring other shows.
moksha89 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
looking at the entire thing as a whole .. this is what i have seen concluded (in general) about our efforts..

-TRPs mean nothing when it comes to the free time everyone has in commenting/liking/ hitting the CM meter.. its quite silly .. anyone can sit during their free time or randomly surf the forum they like & increase its rank.  sometimes, it takes a lot of effort&time to do this - and if this is how ranking are made, than it isnt correct. it seems as if the more time spent on IF equates the amount of points you will get.  certain serials do not really have the type of fan base who can sit in front of the computer screen & keep activity going.  for example, i happen to be studying -so i can come onto IF whenever & comment/like/hit rankings but what about adults who have 9-5's and are preoccupied.  i like ehmmbh, but what did i notice..? fans as young as 11 are spending time & energy in increasing the show & actor ranks. (btw, that show had like two tb articles last week, and have had atleast one each week). another show i love is hitler didi, but the energy & efforts are clearly seen by the 1000+ fans of Rati Pandey & even the females who are happy Rati is showing a clear image of the working woman & other more realistic issues. 

in addition, how can actors like urmi & neeraj get dumped back down to like 400 & below? who comments on  those ranked between 400&100? where are all those actors? its ridiculous.

so i echo what everyone is mentioning .. i will follow what is decided because anything done is only effective as a group, but we should see how IF decides to handle our request.

-Nafisa- thumbnail
Originally posted by: sandyuk

I shall do as I'm told!

But I would just add that we need to syop commenting on a Sunday as ranks are decided from Sunday-Saturday (but published a few days later.

Also, I don't think it is a good idea to get people to 'unjoin' fanclubs. When we decide to start up the campaign again it would be hard to recover the number of fans in the club easily.

Nafisa, your idea is good because then if ranks fall - it is because we have decided to let them fall. We will not feel so deflated as we are doing at the moment because telly buzz articles are favouring other shows.

I understand what you saying Sandy, that it might be hard to get fans to rejoin fan clubs, but let me take you back to when before the campaign started, case study Giaa Manek had 370 fans in her fan club, after all our work from when the Campaign started October and November (it's only been 2 months) we had how many people join 70 people joined (she now has 441 fans, we had a shake a little bit with shahsb_26 thread last week, we lost a few fans to 427, but it's back up again to 441 fans), say we now go and publicise a Walk out/Strike/Boycott, whatever we call this iniactivity we loose fans, but don't you think the ones that join this Plan, will be watching closely the actions of India Forums to change the ranking system also they will be watching the rankings going lower and lower.

I tried to explain in my opening post that rankings currently have 4 parameters Views, Buzz, Comments, Fans, if we stop Comments we won't see a sharp enough drop in the rankings, the India Forums people could wait us out, but if we unjoin fan clubs, and say IF give us TellyBuzz articles we don't comment (just read it but don't comment), then we will plummet and therefore get rankings for the lead cast of say 600 or worse, now that will have the embarrassing effect we are aiming for, real world  vs India Forums ranking system, serial ranking will be maybe 40 or 50 (we will stop chaskameter as well). 

What do you think?
Edited by Nafisa_blossoms - 12 years ago
MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
Whatever will be decide I will join in๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
sandyuk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nafisa_blossoms

I understand what you saying Sandy, that it might be hard to get fans to rejoin fan clubs, but let me take you back to when before the campaign started, case study Giaa Manek had 370 fans in her fan club, after all our work from when the Campaign started October and November (it's only been 2 months) we had how many people join 70 people joined (she now has 441 fans, we had a shake a little bit with shahsb_26 thread last week, we lost a few fans to 427, but it's back up again to 441 fans), say we now go and publicise a Walk out/Strike/Boycott, whatever we call this iniactivity we loose fans, but don't you think the ones that join this Plan, will be watching closely the actions of India Forums to change the ranking system also they will be watching the rankings going lower and lower.

I tried to explain in my opening post that rankings currently have 4 parameters Views, Buzz, Comments, Fans, if we stop Comments we won't see a sharp enough drop in the rankings, the India Forums people could wait us out, but if we unjoin fan clubs, and say IF give us TellyBuzz articles we don't comment (just read it but don't comment), then we will plummet and therefore get rankings for the lead cast of say 600 or worse, now that will have the embarrassing effect we are aiming for, real world  vs India Forums ranking system, serial ranking will be maybe 40 or 50 (we will stop chaskameter as well). 

What do you think?

Nafisa, yes it does make sense. Hopefully we will recover the fans when we start up again. It's a risk we take and that we probably need to take to make our point.

Also, we need to stop hitting the chaska meter I think.
-Nafisa- thumbnail
But if we all agree and do this walk out we do it on 31st December 2011. Give India Forums enough time to change the ranking system to include TRP and TAM/TVR ratings (which have equal weightage to Buzz articles now), that's giving them one month to change it., it will also give us time to mobilise everyone in the fan pages fan clubs to unjoin and stop commenting. Also off course Chaskameter hitting also will have to stop, I will speak to one of the moderators to unstick the Dear Silent Readers and Hum Saath Saath Hain threads, we will restick them and rejoin fanclubs and start commenting hitting chaskameter, when we get what we want a fairer ranking system, one that takes into account TRP/TAM/TVR ratings, viewers watching the shows have made a decision I think it's more objective and less subjective to give weight to the viewers choice, choosing when a Tellybuzz article comes out is subjective and manipulating the rankings.