Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Nice post NS!

Till I saw the epi today, I tried giving ASR the benefit of the doubt...tried being optimistic that he indeed wanted her to accept her true feelings and take back what she said to him about not being affected by his engagement.

Today though, things became clear.

Neemsundari thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

I KNEW this was about his GIANT SIZE EGO! It had NOTHING to do with him confronting his feelings for Khushi??

It is PATHETIC in my view and so is HE! Glad K did not break in front of him and ADMIT to feeling anything about his relationship status!

I am actually pretty disgusted with the whole thing! ASR is WORSE than I thought! He was JUST trying to get a rise out of Khushi and tortouring her JUST FOR KICKS!

CV's are you people sadists or what? WHY show a sad or contrite ASR on Friday if THIS is the reality we have to confront after the week of buildup to NOTHING??? I think CV's are confused about the direction of the show!

This is not ARHI romance at all! It is ASR tortoures Khushi and SHE lectures him on relationships and continues to babysit La! I think the makers need to decided WHAT this show is about???

ASR is not perfect, and nowhere have the CVs tried to show him as perfect.

The thing is, Barun Sobti looks so drop-dead gorgeous that we girls Want him to be better-hearted as well. The problem is that part of his attraction IS that he is such a horrible, horrible bad boy---it helps us hope and pray and believe he would change one day.

Change he would, but in an excruciatingly slow and flat learning curve---and that IS his character. I'm fine with his being nasty, as that is part of the story, what I can't take is the reversal to comic scenes after such serious ones. He is right now haywire and unpredictable, this is a strongly controlled man whose world has suddenly spun out of his control due to some one who should, by all rights, be insignificant in his ruthless tycoon's world. So that's that, he is wavering from softening to her to raging at her as he's fighting back for control.

On the other hand...granted, Khushi is a very young girl, in love for the first time with a man whose looks can set forests on fire, which makes her take a lot of shit from him. Besides, she is as nice as he is nasty.

But it doesn't feel true to character to have her mime and giggle after statements from her like "humare swabhiman se badh kar to nahi ho sakta" and lately, "Asli duniya mein to sirf dil toot te hain" because a girl who has learned these facts of life the painful way would definitely not start giggling in a few days for no reason...she has to change from a teenager into a grown-up woman, just as much as ASR has to change from a stone-cold monster to a warm human being.

But I guess as long as Sarun have their explosive chemistry, the CVs have nothing to worry about...unless they stretch the storyline beyond its breaking point, of course.😳

Neemsundari thumbnail
Originally posted by: sheela83

Surprised that Arnav took note of what La is wearing. He has never taken any notice of what La wears ever before !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that's remarkable. But he noticed what La is wearing precisely because she wore an outfit which reminded him of Khushi, who he was trying to distance himself from, and remain unaffected by. Those pom poms drove him nuts  😆
Neemsundari thumbnail
Originally posted by: sbk2

Nice post NS!

Till I saw the epi today, I tried giving ASR the benefit of the doubt...tried being optimistic that he indeed wanted her to accept her true feelings and take back what she said to him about not being affected by his engagement.

Today though, things became clear.

yes, things became clear. I always had my doubts, which I expressed in the forum after the earlier episodes, because we never hear an interior monologue from ASR about his so-called plans to chase Khushi😳
pinky_blueskies thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I think by reading ur post, I appreciated the epi :)
Maybe I wasn't able to digest the whole thing properly which ended up to change my view. And I guess, i got confused.
Thank u for this :-)
Neemsundari thumbnail
Originally posted by: pinky0902

I think by reading ur post, I appreciated the epi :)
Maybe I wasn't able to digest the whole thing properly which ended up to change my view. And I guess, i got confused.
Thank u for this :-)

You're welcome.

And as I said in the first post in this thread, the CVs are back to comedy. I don't mind that as long as the comedy is nuanced, with traces of what the two are going through.

After the sort of pain they have put up with in the last week, it would be upsetting to see Khushi's antics of old...

The Payash track will of course give us room to breathe, and to watch those "nok-jhok" scenes ...but I'd like to see the Spiral Staircase that minimuffin talked about yesterday, so that the Arhi interactions are threaded with the storm brewing inside them.

If we agree that what has been shown of their relationship so far is neither

a. inconsistency of screenplay,

nor

b.the possibility that the superlative acting of the two leads has hobbled the writing skills of the CVs (the leads show more emotion than they're meant to, or we read too much into their expressions),

then,

we need to be shown some kind of continuity between the earlier tears and the 'nok-jhok' in the coming episodes.

Hope the CVs do not disappoint.
Neemsundari thumbnail
Originally posted by: yaman8

Nice post. So true. As some one pointed out last week, suddenly they , especially ASR, was all talking/conveying about their unspoken feelings for each other and make her accept that it does matter to her if he gets engaged! But if she does indeed break down  and say " haan.. hume fark padtha hain" ,suddenly it would mean confession from both. So the CVs made sure to back track and maintain the status quo of pre-Diwali, sans that passion now after all the emotional drama.. 

it is indeed very out of place to see comedy now and KKG giggling again.. what a pity.. well said anyway

Yes a giggling Khushi at this point would be just as insufferable as a giggling La,