Dharampatni

Dropping out of school???

phil thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I wonder why she dropped out of school.She is seen as a very determined character who never accepts defeat.Maybe she never did drop out and she did something like correspondence.
The fact that Saroj keeps throwing it at her face makes me wonder if they planned to keep that part for a later time.A surprise?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Soaps1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
If she had done correspondence everyone will know about it ... and not just saroj but pardeep also said once that he never wanted her to leave studies ... if correspondence was the case atleast pardeep would know about it ... it was hard to accept at that time that they showed her only 9th pass and not more educated but now i have accepted it and i just hope they don't show another blooper by showing correspondence thing but yea they can show some solid reason for her having chosen not to continue

I think in her char they are trying to show education is not important always ... your intellect is what matters
Edited by Soaps1 - 12 years ago
Soaps1 thumbnail
Also saroj blasts kastur for being 9th pass in context of mohan being MBA ... so when his truth will come out that he has a fake degree ... it will be equal in a way ... and she will have to eat her words ... i feel that is the significance of her repeating it again and again   Edited by Soaps1 - 12 years ago
sam123_0 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Does any one think we will be given a reason as to why she did not finish her studies!

If so, then the reason better be a sensible one...Bcoz Jitu and baa dont seem like people who would be against girl's education...

Seeing the desai's family... it seems like education may not be important in the family but they would not stop the girl just for the sake of it!!

So I wonder what went wrong that made Kastur drop out of school and the family just accepted it! 

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I'd also like to know why she stopped her education.  She has a very supportive family, so I doubt they put a stop to it.  Pradeep once mentioned it disapprovingly...so to me it seemed to have been Kastur's decision. 
(Poor choice in my opinion considering she knew her husband to be was studying abroad).

But like how old is she supposed to be in the serial right now...maybe 19.  One possibility is that 4 years ago her marriage was settled with Mohan, and she was like that's it my life is planned, and she began to focus on all the skills she needed to learn to be a good wife.

She doesn't appear to be a very ambitious person like Mohan.  Her only ambition in life is to be a good Dharampatni.
Edited by ummesulaiman - 12 years ago
Soaps1 thumbnail
Its' also possible baapji asked her not to continue ... waisey bhi wo koi acha kaam kartey nahi πŸ€”
but baapji has no problems wid kastur, but all d problems wid my MOHAN nd saroj Nads😑!!!
Marvel-freak thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I think we should get a reason to why kastur left education, i dont see her family being the reason cause they seem very liberel
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
If Baapji asked, and she and her family obliged, I have nothing to say. 😑 (Just as I have nothing to say about what's being implied about the Gala females and mobile phones, and Kastur's mobile phone)  πŸ˜‘
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I don't think Baapji had anything to do with it. 

Mohan's family is definitely repressed, but Kastur's family is not.  I mean Baapji won't even let them buy a car...I don't know maybe a twisted protest against former British rule or getting too modern πŸ˜•...it's a wonder they use electricity.

Anyway Kastur's family is quite liberal and fun loving, and they love Kastur and weren't looking to just unload her.  Plus remember somebody in her family taught her to drive.  That would have gone against Baapji's wishes too.

Jitu knew Baapji is conservative but probably agreed to the arranged marriage thinking that Mohan is his good friend's son and had gone abroad for education and would be able to provide a secure future for his daughter. 

There has to be a reason though...

I mean, if that was my daughter and Baapji had said stop her education I would have been like...take your rishta and just...shove it.!
Edited by ummesulaiman - 12 years ago