Do you think Arnav is a cheater?

Marybarton thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
I have been pondering of this question for a while. Of course, Khushi and Arnav are the main characters in the show and I find myself rooting for them. But I have always been very clear about my position on cheating. Now I am torn about whether what Arnav is doing isn't emotional cheating?

He has gone and fallen in love with another girl when he has a girlfriend who is about to become his fiance. No matter how bad this Lavanya is, no girl deserves this. Imagine if it was Khushi instead of Lavanya, we would feel very differently then.

I adore Arnav, it's hard not to. He's so damn pretty in his misguided anger. We all know he is a good guy at the end of the day. But what he is doing, from the point of view of La is cheating. He's isn't realizing this error and has kept himself detached from La, but at the same time, he is leading her on. He has kept her in the house as his girlfriend, so they are kind of an item at the end of the day. What do you think? Would you say this is cheating?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cxw1065 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
His heart is someone elses, but to be fair, he's fighting as hard as he can to stay away from "the other woman"

He tells himself he doesn't care, he tells himself he hates her, he hasn't admitted to himself even that he loves Khushi

So I don't think its quite cheating

BUT

If he had kissed her, if he hadn't drawn back- then yes, i would say its cheating

But so far, it's attraction that he is fighting-- so NOT cheating yet.

Not yet

ps-- I have been thinking about this a lot; thinking loadsss about whether this is cheating.  It's an intriguing question-- infidelity is my greatest hate in relationships, and if I had truly believed that it WAS cheating-- I wouldn't watch this show
Edited by cxw1065 - 12 years ago
-Nithi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
ASR is an anti-hero ! Period !

Edit: on topic, IMHO, No.

PEACE β˜―️
Edited by -Nithi- - 12 years ago
Marybarton thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
I am not trying to bash Arnav. It's a beautiful character. And I agree he's the anti-hero. But say you were in a relationship with a guy, even if he didn't say "I love you," he would still be your bf if you were living with his family and about to get married. It is emotional cheating that he has fallen for this other girl.

Fighting it or not, he is quite physical with Khushi and attracted to her. And if he feels the need to hide it from La, it means there's something wrong there. I think he should have broken up with La a long time back. He knew how much effort La was putting in to be a good wife for him, but he kept her so that Khushi will keep coming to his house. I see that he tries to push Khushi away a various points but now that is not the case anymore. He is clearly pushing for a confession, that means he has reached a point where he wants to be with Khushi and not La. 

If I was in La's place, I would feel very wronged indeed. But guess she won't find out as they will not admit and get married under different circumstances. I just hope that they don't turn La into a vamp. Then the show will become like all the others.

Edited by Marybarton - 12 years ago
-Nithi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Marybarton

I am not trying to bash Arnav. It's a beautiful character. And I agree he's the anti-hero. But say you were in a relationship with a guy, even if he didn't say "I love you," he would still be your bf if you were living with his family and about to get married. It is emotional cheating that he has fallen for this other girl.

Fighting it or not, he is quite physical with Khushi and attracted to her. And if he feels the need to hide it from La, it means there's something wrong there. I think he should have broken up with La a long time back. He knew how much effort La was putting in to be a good wife for him, but he kept her so that Khushi will keep coming to his house. I see that he tries to push Khushi away a various points but now that is not the case anymore. He is clearly pushing for a confession, that means he has reached a point where he wants to be with Khushi and not La. 

If I was in La's place, I would feel very wronged indeed. But guess she won't find out as they will not admit and get married under different circumstances. I just hope that they don't turn La into a vamp. Then the show will become like all the others.

I know your intention is not to bash ASR πŸ˜Š But some get agitated as you know how the forum's state is πŸ˜† Here if you are interested, check out the post on La by me πŸ˜›

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2100423&PID=49381068&#49381068
nitashaj83 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
umm...i dont know how many will agree but I think Arnav and Lavanya didnot share any livein relationship...i am sur that it was one sid love from Lavanya Side😊
Interesting post! I love La actually, yet I feel he is not cheating. Cause he never showed any sort of affection towards La, and La seems to be a smart girl, so she should have noticed that too - unless she isn't really THAT bothered- and that's the point!! She knows Arnav is not a romantic guy anyway, so she isn't expecting a loving husband either... to an extent. 
Besides, it's not necessary to marry the person you love. He never - even by mistake - has said 'I love you, La'. Their engagement is kind of a natural consequence...cause Arnav never had any other women in his life expect for La (He's spent WAY more time with La than with Khushi...), and she does care for him..

From La's perspective this is - before people go crazy!

#nooffence
Edited by HopelessCase - 12 years ago
mysterygirl123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Grey area ... not exactly a cheat in the literal sense, i.e he did not go and sleep with another girl...

But if I were Lavanya , I certainly would expect my bf to be open and honest with me about everything. If my so called bf is attracted to someone else but setting up an engagement with me, and if he knows fully well that he will not be able to reciprocate my feelings for him, he should be able to tell me that maybe he is not in the same place as I am.

The other way to think of it is, if he did get attracted to someone and suppressed it, and kept his promise to Lavanya...its atleast ok. But as of now, he seems to have an agenda of making Khushi confess, and thats not right. I mean what if Khushi does confess ? Whats he going to do then? He would be hurting atleast one of them either ways ...and lets say he ends his decision to get engaged to Lavanya , even thats bad...who asked him to set it up in the first place ( impulse etc could be cited as reasons but why shd someone else suffer for his imperfections)

So in a serial...ya good to enjoy the character and think of him as an anti- hero...in reality , I wouldnt want a bf who cannot be honest with me...thats the least i think i wd deserve.

Yes.

Arnav is emotionally cheating on Lavanya. Almost 90% of the time that he's with Lavanya he's thinking about Khushi. He doesn't give Lavanya any of the respect that a girlfriend/fiancee deserves.

I really don't like the argument that 'Arnav never said he loved Lavanya, he never made any promises to her, they never had a real live-in relationship' because he did make promises to her. Asking someone to marry you (or rather telling a bunch of strangers that you plan to get married) is a promise as is asking someone to move in with you and asking them to change their ways and even their personality so they can fit into your family better.

Whether Arnav has actually expressly told Lavanya that he loves her or not doesn't matter because he's well aware that Lavanya has this misconception about their relationship and he has done nothing to correct her of the assumption, going as far as to tell her that he's 'happy, very happy' with their relationship and their love and their wedding plans.
Edited by nayika - 12 years ago
SecretShame thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I kinda agree with u. It is emotional infidelity on Arnav's part. Marriage is a serious commitment, not a game, like Arnav seems to think. Agreed that he hasn't admitted to himself that he loves Khushi, but even he knows he feels an undeniable attraction for the girl. He should have stopped and reconsidered his relationship with Lavanya. Instead, he made the most inappropriate and rash decision by deciding to marry La.
I'm not saying that he should have broken up with her, but the least he could have done was not get her hopes up. He seems to be taking advantage of La's navety.