Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: momma1128

@Anne - I can only go to your posts and hit like because there is never anymore for me to say ๐Ÿ˜†.  I thought the CVs were brilliant in showing this part of him.  I was wondering all week what it was that he wouldn't be able to handle and this was it, he brought her to the dark side and now he's kicking himself.

Anu,

@BOLD: So echo what you said here๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by Vistaa - 12 years ago
DiamondLife thumbnail
@ momma:
WOW excellent post ...top most ...describing todays episode so perfectly..
@Mcdarcyfan:

He later realized that her brave face is NOT because she doesent care, but because she has too much self respect to break down in front of him AFTER the way he has treated her in the past!

no one would have put it in such a elegant way that u have done..so many decent comments here...
We all know that several times he had promised and forced himself not to get affected by her tears..and each time he failed and got more closer to her, in terms of knowing her more in a nicer way...her goodness..her strength..eventhough ..
Whole week just went with these sad episodes..not a single one with fun..lol but i think such deep emotional bondage was required from arnav's side..so that in future he will not blame her.
I will be mad at him if he does ..i dont mind he does it superficially in front of everyone but from inside he should not!!
Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely post for a great episode. This episode certainly did a number on me too. I am walking around the house all sad and snarky๐Ÿ˜ณ

What a couple, totally made for each other. if they could just put their massive egos aside and talk.

Poor KKG had to deal with his snarkiness (is that a word๐Ÿ˜•) back to back for the necklace and then the outfit. I did like her quiet, polite reply to him and I am glad she did not break down in front of him. ASR not being able to handle her tears, his remorse and his mini breakdown, I hope does not leave any doubt in anybody's mind that he does not enjoy watching her in pain. Anyone calling him a sadist today?๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Both Barun and Sanaya did a great job portraying their pain.๐Ÿ‘

Precap left me a bit confused though. Is he not going to pursue her anymore, not going to try to face her feelings, is he going to go ahead with the engagement with LA? I was hoping for some rabba ve moments during the week leading up to the engagement.

How does LA and even Anjali not notice any undercurents between Arhi? And I hope they don't show Anjali going back into her bubble when pigwa spins a story on being questioned by her about the ring. That would be so disappointing. Strangely, it has not occurred to anyone that KKG's fiance, Anjali's husband not only have the same name but they are in the same profession and both seem to travel a lot.๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜• Atleast the Guptas have this info.
-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Anu...Unfortunately, the character of ASR has not budged from his initial belief that money commands respect nothing else...Frankly speaking I would rather have seen some progress and some change in his ill conceived notions ...which respects not only money but only people who have it...and degrades people who don't ....I kind of see a parallel between people who are racists...and can't get over their fundamntal beliefs...however ill conceived they may be...

Sorry this may offend any one who wants to believe after all he is good in heart ...he loves Khushi..and so on...but his behavior was simply disgusting...and there is no excuse...
Edited by MsUniverse - 12 years ago
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@Sush - I agree with you - he hit very very low below the belt.  And by going by the tears in his eyes, he realizes how heinous it was.  He even uttered to La that he had to get out of there because he couldn't face the dukh, and then quickly covered his tracks.  So, in this way, he is different from racists, in that he recognizes that what he did was wrong, that his words inflict harm and are not an absolute. If you believe that he is so depraved, you also have to believe that he is beyond saving.

I am surprised that you think he believes she is a gold digger.  I think that belief of his went out the window when he started helping her.  There are too many things he noticed about her working and being honest.  At this point in the story, he needles her with this point because he knows that is one of her hot buttons...just like KKG knows that getting him to admit there is a god is his.

I found his behavior apprehensible, but I also found KKG behavior irritating when she tricked him into doing puja and interfering in the business of La and ASR live in because these were foundations of her belief system, not his.  It is easier to stomach KKG's tenets as they may be close to our own, while his are alien and very much against the belief in the goodness of men.

I am however dying to know why it is that he believes that everyone can be bought.  I don't know when the CVs intend to reveal this.
momma1128 thumbnail
@Shastradhari - it was a whole week building from the fallout of the ME.  It had to be done.  We knew ASR will not take the news of engagement well.  Just how badly we had to see.

@Nandy - I think he will continue with engagement with La and remove himself from KKG's proximity.
-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: momma1128

@Sush - I agree with you - he hit very very low below the belt.  And by going by the tears in his eyes, he realizes how heinous it was.  He even uttered to La that he had to get out of there because he couldn't face the dukh, and then quickly covered his tracks.  So, in this way, he is different from racists, in that he recognizes that what he did was wrong, that his words inflict harm and are not an absolute. If you believe that he is so depraved, you also have to believe that he is beyond saving.

I am surprised that you think he believes she is a gold digger.  I think that belief of his went out the window when he started helping her.  There are too many things he noticed about her working and being honest.  At this point in the story, he needles her with this point because he knows that is one of her hot buttons...just like KKG knows that getting him to admit there is a god is his.

I found his behavior apprehensible, but I also found KKG behavior irritating when she tricked him into doing puja and interfering in the business of La and ASR live in because these were foundations of her belief system, not his.  It is easier to stomach KKG's tenets as they may be close to our own, while his are alien and very much against the belief in the goodness of men.

I am however dying to know why it is that he believes that everyone can be bought.  I don't know when the CVs intend to reveal this.

Hi Anu!  Sorry I am really frustrated with him...In the beginning when he didn't know her and sprung out all those aukat dialogues...OK...there was an excuse...but now that he knows her...it is beyond my tolerance...and he is constanly humiliating her about money...That is just too disgusting. 

I think CV took a  nice concept...but have gotten lost themselves...The difference was supposed to be in their values...not that one has money and one does not...some how it has become all about that...He was supposed to be feeling for "Arhi"...the fact that Arhi matter...to him and to her...but that point is lost...Instead the CVs have turned into how dare KKG say "it dos not matter" who is she? What is her aukat to say something like this?  

I don't want to believe that he is beyond redemption...but the lack of changes in his notions has been quite frustrating...Even when we get a glimpse of it...It gets lost very quickly...They never hold that part...They keep him swinging him back and forth without moving an inch.

Sorry for rambling...I agree when KKG forces him to atten a ceremony he does not believe in...I take issue with that too...Perhaps this is a very American way of thinking...As fundamental to the American thinking is also the notion that you respect people's capability, their creativity, their enterprenuership, their hard work...and repect all people...even if they work for you...and have not been fortunate. Do not disrespect people who don't have money and shove it on their faces...This is not decent behavior...It is beyond my tolerance limit.

Edited by MsUniverse - 12 years ago
momma1128 thumbnail
@Sush - I think the difference in principles shown from the beginning was that he believes that everyone can be bought (that promo before the show started on the golf course where he says khareed koro us admi ko, and where he threw the wad of money at her with the scooter promo).  But I agree, the writers do use this aukat business at every turn, as they do her Devi Maiyya.  That being said, I think they did it on purpose to show how deeply he wounded her and how he has to crawl back.

I don't hold my personal standards up to the show.  If I were to do that - I would have told KKG to shut her mouth and stop shoving religion down an agnostic's throat and would have put a restraining order on ASR. ๐Ÿ˜†
nature-lover thumbnail
Great analysis as always๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Both Barun and Sanaya nailed the scene today, could feel both of their pain๐Ÿ˜ญ
peachesandcream thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
great post and great discussion.

What would this show be without the complexity of ASR- a character so enriched that he sparks controversy over his actions and such strong emotions in us all.

I think at this point ASR recognizes Khushi is not a materialistic person  and that is part of the problem for him.  How much simpler would his life be if a part of him did not connect with  her and the qualities she possesses.  I think his taunts towards her are his attempt to hide behind what he knows and what has helped him in the past.  His wealth has given him an identity and brought him recognition when things were hard.  He is seeking refuge behind it again.
Edited by peachesandcream - 12 years ago