Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lov26 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Sad update :-( but beautifully written

Please dont make us wait for 15 days. That would be torture. Finish it before dec 6th pleaseee

~Tesha
mchopra thumbnail
Tht was beautiful...and i became sad..not cried..thnk god..
and since u have finished it u might as well post it part by part daily..i cant wait 15 days..
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Great update! Fast updates, please!
chingaming thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
absolutely brilliant and heart wrenching updates, loved them none the less!

Update soon =D

xoxoox!
unknown. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
i luved it
made me cry ...and still crying :$
u write so amazingly
cont sooon

harneet <3
Ramhari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Heart wrenching part
Poor Maan was left all alone.
Good that he talked to his dad though.
Time for Geet to prove her friendship i suppose
Waiting for the next part
iMadz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

I hope you all would like the surprise ! It's the double update ! 😳

And hopefully, next one will be too, the double update ! So, my next update is most probably THE END ! 😳 😭

Best Friends

Six

As said, he left for US in two days but he was completely fine and happy. He accepted it wholeheartedly and he knew what he wanted to do, he needed to work and make his parents proud. What his dad said to him on death bed about Geet, he did not forget it but he avoided it. He knew he was in love with her and she was the one. He was in love with her from very first, it was just that he never realized or he ignored. He fell in love with her when she used to smile for him, when she would hit him playfully, when she would arrange his closet, when she would abuse his girlfriends, when she would force him for anything, when she hugged and cried on her wedding day, when she was mad at him for not attending her marriage, when she danced with him, when she hated him. It was love; he was hopelessly in love with her from the very beginning. He realized it but he never shared, he wanted her to feel the same, but he knew it would never happen. She was in love with her hubby, probably she moved on but still, she had not recognized the same feeling and he knew that never in her eyes, he saw something for him, it was care, affection but not the feeling he wanted to see. He was okay with the fact and never wanted anything. He was happy being a friend.

For his new project he came back to Delhi and this time he came for long time as his sister was here, she was expecting a baby and his little family was in high spirits. Maan was as usual busy in work but the major change in life happened when Geet moved back to Delhi, she had nothing in Mumbai for which she would leave there and as she explained to him, her whole family was here so she belonged here. Geet worked with again on the same project and they worked together. There were more fights as they were working under same roof, there were more lunches together, more dinners, more shopping. They were having fun, plain, simple and pure fun. She liked being with him but she did not understand why, and he liked it too. Though he tried to ignore but it would end up hurting her, so he decided to flow with nature, he had no controls, no restrictions, he enjoyed her company.  

As destiny itself was deliberately trying to connect both of them with each other, one by one, each occasions helped them coming close. When Aditi had a baby boy, it was Geet who stood by her each and every second, it was an emotional experience for her as she could have seen the same future with her dead husband, but it did not weakened her at all. In fact, she was strong and hopeful, she believed in god and she was hopeful about her future, it never occurred to her like stopping her life and blocking all her way for happiness. She was ready with her arms open to welcome happiness in her life. It was a common friend's marriage and they were together. What happened there came as a shock to her as one of the relative of Maan found a girl for him, they wanted him to get married and she did not liked it but as she was, she encouraged Maan and whether it was miscommunication or misunderstanding but Maan accepted to meet the girl just to satisfy his sister and all.

'So?'

'So?'

'You liked the girl?'

'She is good. I liked her.'

'Really?' she asked surprisingly. It was shocking for her, she did not like it at all but she had to act as she knew Maan would never involve with her, and after all, they were friends, she thought.

'Yes. Why? You didn't like her?'

'No…not like that. You like her that's all, it's your life.'

'What is it?'  He closed the laptop suddenly and looked straight into her eyes.

'Nothing. I have work. Let's not waste time, boss.' She said and left.

Maan sat and watched her, and he sensed something wrong but he did not wanted to press anything on her. He knew he would not end up with any girl as he was not ready yet. He wanted to give time to her, he knew she was jealous but there were no hard and fast step for them, he decided it that way.

He noticed her for whole month, there was sudden change in her, and she was more kind, sweet and caring to him. She used to call just to ask him if he had had lunch or not, she prepared dinner for him on Sunday nights, she got worried when he overworked. It was all strange for him as well for her. She never felt for him like she did then, he was her friend but then she was beginning to feel like it was more than friendship. And what happened before few days made her realize what was that inexplicable feeling and sudden change in her. It was her birthday and he was once again not in the country, for work. She was with Aditi and her son to watch for them at his home, sitting in her room watching TV and complaining about her brother to her,

'He did not even call. It was supposed to be my birthday which will over in next five hours and I am here, he did not even wish me, Aditi…' she cried.

'Don't you worry Geet, let him come, I will kick his ass once he come. How could he forget your birthday?' she assured her.

And they both smiled. Geet was sad but she did not wanted to depress everyone, she mentally noted that she would not talk to him for months, and she would also not wish him on his birthday, eye for an eye, she thought.

They were busy talking and gossiping about many useless things when she saw the news, and she literally screamed out of horror and shock. The place where Maan was, had been vanished under a terrorist attack, and they did not know anything else. She immediately called his secretary but she did not know anything as Maan did not plan that trip; it was all of a sudden. She assured his sister and left for more information with pounding heart. She called office and information counter but she could not find any information on him, and when she tried everything and she could find nothing, she sat on the bench in his garden. It was a rainy and stormy night, she was completely drenched in the rain and shivering from the cold but it was the last thing she cared. She was crying bitterly, she felt like something was detached from her soul and body; it was the feeling like her heart was tore apart with a naked weapon, and she could do nothing but to cry. It was strange as she did not feel lifeless when Aditya left him, she had still that willpower in herself to fight with it and now, not having Maan by herself, she was numb, she had no willpower to fight more, and she wanted to give up. Her soul was lost, and she could not find peace. She was not even mad at him for not wishing her for birthday; she just wanted him in front of her, alive. That was all she prayed, just one more wish from god, Maan.

She still sat there thinking about each and every moment with him, and she, for the first time realized that it was not just friendship anymore; she knew she was in love with him. She laughed with tears as she recognized the time of her realization which was not perfect, it was her birthday, Maan was probably dead and she was there sitting in heavy rain, realizing her love. She cursed herself as she was late, too much late to identify that it was love. She knew she was in love with him not just before few months, but the moment when he said 'I-am-here-for-you', from the moment when he broke her mobile and gave another one, from the moment when he agreed for her decision to get married, from the moment when he held her in strong arms when she was broken, from the moment when he ordered her to make him food and painting for him. All the little, silly things were not just for fun, the care, the affection, the jealously, the hurt and the anger was love. She knew he was the one.

And abruptly, she remembered something, and went to his room and threw everything from his closet just to find one thing – one mirror. And at last, she found it, she opened it and closed it for million times but she did not understand anything. All that she knew was that it was gift to her ex-husband which he returned it to Maan, she did not know why and out of sudden, she saw something in the mirror, she closed it again and opened it again, and the reflection in mirror was of Maan. She could see his picture in the mirror from where she was sitting. And whether it was logic, the inexplicable magic, coincidence or some mysterious power by god but she understood it and she saw herself in the mirror, and remembered his husband's words, 'It was his. It belongs to him.' This mirror belongs to Maan, it was always his, and again, she started crying and said out loud,

'You should have told me. Why? Why did not you tell me? Why?'

It was suffocating for her in his room between all this belongings and images. She left the room and once again, she found herself in the garden under heavy rain, crying for him. And all of a sudden, she saw one black car coming through the main gate, and stopped in the middle way, and someone stepped out from the driver seat, she could see only blurry image of a person in white shirt with blue jeans, completely wet and coming closer. She wiped her tears to clear the image. Ever so slowly, the image came very closer with something big, very big wrapped in plastic to protect it from rain, in his hands. She stood up and with one striking thunder, she saw his face, and smiled though tears, and the person said,

'Happy Birthday!'

And with another striking thunder, she saw that angelic face smiling at her divinely and she came closer and slapped him, not once, not twice but thrice and started hitting him lightly with her small, delicate fists in his wide chest. He dropped the thing and held her hands, and yelled out,

'What did I do? Is this supposed to be my return gift, Geet?' he said in complete shock.

And as she could not take it anymore, she hugged him, tight. She rested her head on his wide chest and threw her arms around his neck as if she never wanted to separate from him, ever, and she cried. As she was whimpering in his arms, he asked her again and again what was wrong but she did not say anything, she just cried. He let her.

After a while, he carried her into his room and asked what was wrong, and she informed him about what exactly happened and why she was worried. Maan assured her once again and soothed her, he met her sister and it was impossible for him to make both the important ladies of her life, stopped from crying. He assured both of them and after a while, they were alone in his room when he opened the gift he brought for her. It was her favorite painting, from her favorite artist whom she adored and who always inspired her, it was one of the rare paintings and he brought it for her. She was amazed but still scared.

'I gave you a million dollar painting, and in return, you slapped me, and now you are not talking. What's wrong, Geet? You are scaring me now.' He genuinely asked her holding her shoulders.

And she again hugged him and started crying again.

'Again? Why are you crying so much today?'

'I was scared. I am scared.' She said in plain blank voice.

'I am here. Pinch me if you want.' He smiled.

'What if you could not? Do you even know how I must have felt?'

He did not say anything but rubbed her back.

'It was worst than before. I felt like my soul betrayed me…'

'…Geet.' He pulled her out from his embrace.

'Look…I know. But don't you ever do this to me again, because accidents happen, plane crashes happens, terrorists attacks happens, there are too many risks…And I just could not lose you, I have already lost you once…and now I just can not lose you when god has given me second chance…I am late I know…Maan…I will die if you die. I can not live without you anymore, you are just not friend, you are habit, and you are my necessity…'

'…Geet…'

'…No let me complete…I, now, know why he gave back that mirror to you. I know what it means, Maan. '

And he was in awe. He did not say anything; he just pulled her back in his embrace and kissed her forehead.

'Would you like to have dinner with me tomorrow?'

'What?' she pulled back and asked smilingly.

'Would you go out on a date with me?'

She nodded happily and once again, threw herself into his arms.

Edited by maanddy - 12 years ago
iMadz thumbnail

Again, Enjoy and Literally, very very sorry for ANY mistakes ! 😳

Best Friends

Seven

When the golden sunrays touched her perfect curves, she woke up with a bright smile. She was happy but at the same time she was pissed off as last night was wonderful for her; she knew that he knew, they both indirectly confessed what they felt for each other. But Maan had done his part only with eyes, his expressions said it all and he did not say anything at all but all his gestures were much enough to comprehend that he felt exactly the same how she felt for him. But as usual defeated by human nature, she wanted more and more, she wanted to hear what was in his eyes; she wanted to see the execution. And she was quite hopeful for their date if he would do something but from the past records, it was less probable. She knew Maan, his ideas about expressions were focused around decency, and he was more of a real person than dreamy one. But his acts were always dreamy and she loved him for just being him.

He went office early while she took off. She was sitting with Aditi from noon and they were deciding her cloths, she told her everything about her feelings for her brother and she replied,

'I am so happy, Geet. I always wanted this for both of you. Dad would be very happy see this, he absolutely loved you. I am so happy, finally and officially, you will become part of our family.' And she hugged her.

'My dad knew it from the very beginning.'

'Really?'

'Yeah…he told me once.'

And she continued,

'I am sorry for Aditya but I am really happy that you are looking forward for happiness, and future. Its hard I know but I believe Maan will never make you sad.'

'I know, Aditi. I know. It took so long for me to find the one.' She smiled.

'No. But it was meant to be this way, Geet. Its still looks perfect. Your bond is powerful, you saw too much and it made you strong and as well him. You guys have grown up together.'

'What do you mean?'

'Look…Maan is like an ocean, a giant, stormy, wide, mysterious and angry ocean. His character is like an ocean, he had so much hidden in himself, love, care, protection, possessiveness, hurt, ego, anger and he can take everything to himself, each and everything but when he is angry, you know the storm, it vanish everything. And on the other side, you were like a little stream, joyful, vivid, colorful, jumpy, edgy, lively and glowing. But Aditya's death changed you completely and now you are a grown woman, like a peaceful and beautiful river, very mature, stable, steady, secure, firm, calm, relaxed and quiet. And my dear Geet…each and every river is meant to be dissolved in the huge ocean. It has to meet ocean at any point of time. Har Ek Nadi, Sahil Ke Liye Hi Banti He… '

Geet had no words for this; she could not control but silently cry as she hugged Aditi.

After a while they realized that they talked too much and it was almost evening. She threw out each and everything from the closet, but still she could not decide what to wear,

'You look beautiful in anything.' Aditi smiled at her.

She picked up white dress for the evening, and got ready, simple, sober and beautiful. She was expecting Maan to drive himself but instead of that he sent driver which confused her but she carried on. She was curious to know what Maan had stored for both of them, with fluttered stomach; she took seat and patiently started waiting to reach the mysterious place. It was a long drive but she sat patiently, all she was thinking about him, and their past, how much close they were but it never clicked them but today noon when Aditi explained her, she knew it was a process, it was a long journey where they both had fun time and hard time but they stuck together and there they were, finally, with each other. From the distance of the city, a quiet place where there was no one, the driver stopped the car, and she stepped out with pounding heart, and as she looked up, she saw him, dressed in black suit, white shirt and red scarf. As she came closer, he too came forward and sighed,

'You look spectacular.'

'You too.'

'So? Do you call this a date? Calling me here in distant place, miles away from the city?'

'Well…Walk with me.'

And she gave her hand to him, and felt the rush of fire within her veins, it never happened to her, all these years, they touched each other million times but today, his one simple touch made her shiver to the spine. He protectively led her to the place he arranged for them, it was white and purple theme, there was a table in the center with two glasses of wine but there was no food. He pulled up a chair for her and made her sit. Again she was surprised, never until now, he pulled up a chair for her, it was never like this. They both were casual, friendly; there was no space for shyness and nervousness.
'Why are we here?'

'Because I want to talk.' He said while poring out the wine for them.

'What?'

'I asked you out so I want to ask what you really want to do today.'

'Hmmm…Maan, whatever you want. I will be fine with it.' She sipped the wine.

'No…I am asking you, particularly you. What do YOU want?'

'It's okay…'

'…No, its not. Okay tell me something. When did you danced last time? Or when did you have wine last time? Or when did you enjoy yourself as you used to do in our college? When?'

'Maan…I am fine. I am enjoying already.'

'I know you are…I am just asking when the last time was, you were you?'

'I don't remember…May be few years back…'

'Do you want to play dirty today?' he winked.

'I am dying to move my ass, I want to dance. Maan…Let's go dance.'

'This is what I wanted.' He smiled and poured another glass of wine.

And they talked for sometime, finished all the wine and they left. They first went to the little pub out there and danced, and all she could feel was, alive. They went to fair, another club and had fun with each other and finally, when she literally cried to have some food and he took her to one of the classiest restaurant of the city, he never wanted to use his own hotels, he was not The Maan Singh Khurana today, he was just Maan, a guy who was out with Geet to have plain fun, to take rest, to enliven their souls. It was hell of a year for both of them, they needed some fun. When they entered the place, Geet was nervous, as hell, as it was a famous place, all the big celebrities, politicians, page 3 personalities were there and what was most shocking for her was that, everyone knew him. As soon as they entered, he was welcomed by many of them and he usually, out of habit, greeted them but it was nothing new for him, his entire attention was on Geet. But she was nervous and held his arms strongly and whispered,

'What is all this?'

'It's okay. Relax.' He smiled.

And she forced him to choose the seat which was in the corner and least exposed to the maximum crowd and when they sat, she started panicking,

'Oh my god...Maan what would they think about me? I mean, it's been just one and half year and I am out with some other…'

'…Oh please…Geet. Relax, why are you worried? No one literally cares…and besides, its something you want. You matters and not the people, just relax.'

'How can I relax? I am not used to this.'

'You will…now cut the crap! Will you have dance with me?'

It was a romantic music playing in the background, and he asked for her hand, she nervously got up, Maan could literally hear her loud heartbeats. Once they were on dance floor, he gently placed his hands on her hip, she was not looking into his eyes, she was too much nervous for that, Maan whispered in her ears ever so slowly,

'Look at me…Look at me into my eyes, Geet.'

And she looked up to him, and he continued,

'You have a right to live.'

That was it. He said it and she smiled, she was lost in those dark honey colored eyes, his soulful, deep eyes in which she could only find love and affection for her. She simply adored him and threw herself in his arms. Everything was forgotten, the place, the crowd, the whole world. All that she could hear was the music in the background and his matching heartbeats with it; she placed her hand upon his heart and rested on his chest. He kissed her forehead and moved slowly to match their steps. They both were lost in their own world, nothing mattered then.

After they finished dinner, they stepped out from the hotel late in the night, but as they stepped down from the stairs, there were photographers at the end of the gate. She saw them, and before she realized anything, her eyes were closed with bright flash of lights for few minutes, and she held his hand tightly, he led her confidently as he was used to it. He smiled usually and left from there.

'I envy you, Maan. I literally envy you.' She said smilingly.

'Why?'

'I never thought you would reach here. I mean, I knew you had something in you, but who thought you would be famous and demanding like this? I bet neither me nor anyone from our collage expected this, in fact; I thought you would not even choose this line of business. You have achieved so many things, Maan…I am jealous.' She smiled.

Eventually they both knew that she was not jealous, she was just happy and proud for him.

'What if this photo will publish in newspaper' she said, as panic strike over her.

'It's okay. They were just from local newspaper. Don't worry, nothing will happen.'

As they reached the car, he opened the door for her, but she refused. It was late in the night, and it just rained. The beautiful scent of soil, cool breeze was driving her crazy, she did not wanted to end this and she suggested him for a walk. And he agreed. And they walked and asked driver to stay there.

'It's great. There is nothing like after rain scent' she said.

He did not say anything; he simply adored her each and every minute.

'Isn't it awkward? I mean we are almost together for more than seven years and now we realize…'

'…that I love you.' He completed the sentence.

She lowered her eyes in shyness.

'You know its time, Geet. It's all about time, I really did not know in first place, but when I was really alone…it was the time when I realized, even though I had thousand friends and everyone but you were not there…and I knew I was alone. The one in millions, in crowd all the time, between people, but still so alone…'

'I know. We are fools.' She laughed.

'Exactly! We are certified fools. So one fool is better with another fool only.'

And they laughed. As he came closer to her, and touched her cheeks and very slowly, he removed the strands of hair from her face.

'I want to take this chance. I know you love him, Geet. But if life gives you second chance, I would say, take it. Only few people are lucky on the earth, and you and me are one of them…One thing I learned in these years, is that Life is too long and its hard to spend it alone…We need one friend to whom we can share our deepest fears and secrets… But at the same time I want you to take your time. There is no hard and fast rule here…I give you my lifetime to decide whatever you want…'

And they both knew he was right. She respected him for that as he chose to give her time, though she was sure but still she needed time. She did not say anything. And they walked back to the car and he opened the door for her, and they sat. On the way, she did not say anything.

'One more thing.' He broke the silence.

'What?'

'I swore to myself I wasn't going to say these words to you, I know it's not fair but I want you to know that I love you. Whatever you do, I want you to know that someone in the world is in love with you for lifetime, no matter how you are, what you are.' He said it and he never felt as better in his life.

After a while, she whispered as she looked up at him, 'I know.' And he caressed her face lightly, she did not protest, she closed her eyes and moved closer to him and took his hand, rested her head on his shoulders. 'I know.' She whispered it again, and looked up to him. And the driver rolled slowly toward an intersection, and for a moment he wanted to ask him to stop, he wanted this moment with her only, it was their moment. She touched his face, and looked straight into his eyes and said, 'I know'

There were no words for this, they both read each other's eyes flawlessly and he put his lips against hers, and she gave in. He kissed her as she put her arms around him, and time seemed to melt in space. All she knew was that she had never been as happy, peaceful and completed in her life, she never wanted this moment to end, and she wanted to stay protected in his wide, muscular arms. She closed her eyes and chose to not to open, if it was dream then she never wanted to wake up from sleep. As he kissed her, the driver was watching them from the rearview mirror, so mesmerized by what he saw there, and he was fascinated and happy for his employer, so fascinated that he never saw the bus coming down to them in full speed. It was just inches away from her side, and he could not do anything about it, before he understood anything, the bus crashed forcefully into the car. The bus seemed to devour the entire black limousine. It was the last thing the driver saw and he, literally vanished into thin air. They never caught their breath, it took just minute and they were gone. They never knew what happened.

It was 2 am when the paramedical service reached the spot. There were glasses everywhere, the bus was empty, there were just driver and cleaner, it was obvious from the scene that both the driver was dead, and the cleaner was injured but safe. After initial inspection, they found out that there were two more persons lying under the roof of the car, the sight was so scary that they lost hope that anyone would still be alive. One of the man moved ahead carefully with torch in his hand to check on them and the first word he said was,

'Oh my god…'

Geet was peacefully lying in Maan's arms; she was lying on top of him. Her face was clear, there was no single drop of blood on her face but her entire body was crushed, and her white dress was no longer white, it was red from the blood. There were two long gashes of blood on Maan's face and his eyes were open, but there was no movement, he appeared to be dead. The other man went ahead and checked on her. The other man asked from distant,

'What's the situation?'

'There are two persons, I think, man and a wife. I think one of them is dead.'

'Who is the priority?'

'Wife. She could make it, no point in saving the man, he has lost it.'

All that they did not know was that, all the time, Geet's eyes were closed but she was conscious but she could not find enough courage to get up or voice herself, she had no more strength to move the roof of the car, she just laid down there and heard them, and silently screaming to check on him, but it was worthless. And after a while, defeated by physical limitations, she gave up. She was short for breaths, she found it impossible to breath and she could no longer hear anything, not even Maan's heartbeat, she could not feel anything and she relaxed herself from the pain, and then she was gone. She did not know what happened then.

🤗

Try not to Hate me or the least, Kill me ! 😆 I already explained, It's not just a Story, It's a Journey ! So, It happens, specially when I write ! 🤣

🤗

Edited by maanddy - 12 years ago
iMadz thumbnail
Not even a single person to read ? 😲

Maddy is going ! 😭

Bye ! 😉

-Zahra15- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: maanddy

Not even a single person to read ? 😲

Maddy is going ! 😭

Bye ! 😉

don't cry...plzzz...am here n now me gonna read it...😛

**********************EDITED*****************************

OK...i loved both update...they were awesome as usual...i loved it...maan went away then geet missing him...after that he sadi he liked the girl which kinda hurted geet...maybe she had already started feeling for him...and then that supposedly crash...and finally geet realising she loves maan...

it was just awesome...and then came their date...well not really a formal one...but still i just loved it...how he made her do what SHE wanted and not what he wanted her to do...bringing back the old geet...and the kiss...i guess it was a such a divine moment that even the driver couldnt refrain from staring then...thatsy the accident...and now one of them dead...

am still keeping my fingers crossed though...i hope both will make it throughout this journey...loved it...continue soon and thnxxx for the pm...
Edited by zahra15 - 12 years ago