Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dreamzkp thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: dotraj

Oh Kiran & Vasantha

You ladies are making me tooooooooooo nostalagic

Jngr 4th block is my fav tooooooo.....whole of my life in blore has revolved around that place.......i remember each and every shop in that whole stretch as well as inside the complex...who can forget Ganesha fruit center....cool joint...pavitha paradise..puttana theatre...Dose camp...road side vegetable vendors...jolla (corn)..kadlekayi (peanut)..ohhhhhhh the list goes on...

Its equi distant from my parents and ILs place (kind of in between both the places) so we still continue to hangout @ 4th block...

to end this msg am remembering rava idli from Adigas...

Why don't you all plan to visit India at the same time, Rajini, Vasanta and Smitha...We all can go to Jayanagar and enjoy!!!!

dreamzkp thumbnail

Originally posted by: chweety

Hey....hey...hey....Pls add me too to this nostalgic memory group.....i used to love hanging out at 4th blk complex.It used to be like a picnic when i was a kidπŸ˜›...even later.....feel like going there now😭😭.

Replied to Rajini. Check maadi!! Will send you some pictures if possible..

Btw Kiran....We also used to stay in Columbus(Dublin),Ohio in 2003-2004. Oh..cool

Edited by dreamzkp - 18 years ago
xyzee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Kiran, Good to know more in detail about you!! You and I seem to share a very similar relationship with our moms.. She is one of my best friends too!!

Which book of Nicholas Sparks did you read? I read his book "A bend in the road" and I quite liked it though it had me in tears somewhere in between pr maybe closer to the end because of the heroine's (Sarah's)  dilemna:-(.

BTW, you probably don't know but I am also from B'lore.. I mean I am a Tamilian but parents are settled in B'lore. But in Rajaji Nagar, so rather far from where you are:-) I do know Jayanagar and JP Nagar as I have friends there. I will be there in August so if you are free, we could meet up or talk.. 😊

Is your husband free with your parents too?

Edited by xyzzee - 18 years ago
RikNik thumbnail
Hi Kiran,
It has been a pleasure to read your replies.
I don't have any specific questions for you. Although, I have come to know quite a lot about you through this section.
I am truly amazed at your insight into situations, relationships and life in general and that too at such a young age. I appreciate your determination and sacrifice to get your relationship with your mother-in-law to stabilize on a harmonious platform, your approach to office politics and most importantly at having found the mantra for happiness -- and making it your hobby!
I take this opportunity to wish you all the very best in life. May all your dreams come true and wishes be fulfilled. God Bless.
Cheers

Hey InnocentIndian,
Is it possible to extend your offer to help those visiting London to other fellow members?? I am planning on taking a short trip to London and could sure use a fair dose of it!!
dreamzkp thumbnail

Originally posted by: chukkna

Hi Kiran, Hey Rama

I am coming here again after 3-4 days. Just got busy with work. I'm glad that you are here now. Good to know so much about and and good to see that you are having lots of fun here. There are many things in common between you and me again ;) cool😊
Lately I have been meeting too many cancerians (The great peopleπŸ˜†)ha ha ha

Wow, your marriage story is definitely interesting. My younger sis and my best friend are in BLR and this november I am planning my India trip and will be in BLR. Will definitely meet you if we get a chance. Sure. I will look forward for November 😊 Where are they put up here?

In my MOW thread you had mentioned you love Hindi poetry. Being Telugu and born and brought up in Andhra, how did you get into Hindi Poems passion? I had written Hindi Exams and am a Visharada. There was a book by name Kavyasudha as part of one of the exams. I liked them a lot and started reading Hindi poetry.
Who is your fav. poet? Mr. Nirala. His poems are so lively.
What else do you like to read? Love stories and comics.
What are your hobbies? Already lot of disccussion on my hobby of being happy. Don't wanna bore people more. I'm a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. I do a bit of drawing, flowers, scenery etc. I learned Carnatic music in my childhood but stopped in the middle. I'm interested in interior decoration. I decorate my small house so much by adding screens, rearrange the furniture etc..I never get bored of that.

Do you like any form of arts? I like all forms of arts. Wish to learn at least one instrument. Got some boost from your MOW thread. Let's see. 😊
Are you into singing or do you like to listen to music? I do sing...my voice suits only for medium pace songs. I'm very active in Anthakhari. I listen to music almost all the time except when I sleep. Can't live without music.

It must be adventureous to get married to your childhood classmate, though I can never think of it πŸ˜‰ Dont get me wrong here, but I was trying to imagine your situation. Was it exciting? It was exciting..but to be frank, with the kind of doubts his mother had, I felt like calling it off...😑 at once. πŸ˜†
Did your hubby propose you or did you propose him? He did. 😳. Why should I??(ego..ego) πŸ˜›
What was the other person's reaction, who didnt propose I mean πŸ˜ƒ I knew that he would propose one dayπŸ˜†. It was expected. But still I kept him in suspence for night, called him early in the morning and said "YES". 😊
When you were neighbpurs and same sect/sub-sect and ur parents/IL's knew each other so well, why did your MIL had any doubts on you as she knew so well since childhood? Or was she looking for better than you πŸ˜† Please no offense haan... just curious and you can ignore any questions that you want to. Though they lived in the same street, they didn't know each other very well. My mom works. She hardly goes to neighbours' house. We weren't neighbours since childhood. It was only when I came to Bangalore, my parents shifted to this place. My MIL hardly knew me before marriage. Knowing the neighbours as they are and knowing with a future relation is different right?
(I have gone thru similar situations and was trying to analyse stuff πŸ˜› )
Are you both working in same company? Same branch/same desk πŸ˜‰ No. Thank God, our careers are different. Our offices are also quite far from each other. Life would have been boring otherwise.πŸ˜‰
You had been to US earlier... How did you like this place? I liked Canton. It's different from a city like New Yark or Chicago. Very very calm. I'm not used to such a calm atmosphere here so felt a bit out of place but adjusted. I was told some stories like Americans do not care people from India. They are not so outgoing etc..But my experience was different. One of my colleagues there is also a best friend of mine. She likes Indian culture and traditions a lot. I got her a silk saree and some pickles and jute ear rings and stuff lke that. Some body or the other used to take me out in the evenings as I went all alone. I had a wonderful time. Short and sweet visit. 😊
Where are you working?I work for an Engineering company.

OOps... boldu questions adagamannaru kada... anduke boldu questions adigenu. Tappu ga ardham chesukokandi. Reply cheyyali ani anipinchakapothe, cheyyoddu... mee ishtam totally 😊 (Trans : Asked you lot of questions. Don't misunderstand, answer eveything if you wish otherwise you can ignore them)

Hey..no problem. Antha adagakudani prasnalu emi kadu lendi. Enjoy chesanu. Questions adigaru motthaniki. Ade chalu. 😊(They are all answerable. Glad that you made it finally. That's enough.)

dreamzkp thumbnail

Originally posted by: xyzzee

Hi Kiran, Good to know more in detail about you!! You and I seem to share a very similar relationship with our moms.. She is one of my best friends too!! hey..that's cool 😳

Which book of Nicholas Sparks did you read? I read his book "A bend in the road" and I quite liked it though it had me in tears somewhere in between pr maybe closer to the end because of the heroine's (Sarah's)  dilemna:-(. I read The Note Book  and Message in the bottle. I like his style. I didn't read  "A bend in the road"..but heard about it. Will get this one day.

BTW, you probably don't know but I am also from B'lore.. I mean I am a Tamilian but parents are settled in B'lore. But in Rajaji Nagar, so rather far from where you are:-) I do know Jayanagar and JP Nagar as I have friends there. I will be there in August so if you are free, we could meet up or talk.. 😊 Wow. That's cool. Will definitely meet you. I got so many friends to meet in the future in Namma Bangaluru..Why don't you join the nostalgic hangout club?

Is your husband free with your parents too? Yes. He is, shows ego some times though. πŸ˜†

dreamzkp thumbnail

Originally posted by: RikNik

Hi Kiran,
It has been a pleasure to read your replies. It's been my pleasure as well 😊
I don't have any specific questions for you. Although, I have come to know quite a lot about you through this section. I always liked your updates when Sree wasn't there and appreciated. 😊 
I am truly amazed at your insight into situations, relationships and life in general and that too at such a young age. I appreciate your determination and sacrifice to get your relationship with your mother-in-law to stabilize on a harmonious platform, your approach to office politics and most importantly at having found the mantra for happiness -- and making it your hobby!
I take this opportunity to wish you all the very best in life. May all your dreams come true and wishes be fulfilled. God Bless. Thanks for the wishes. I wish you the same. Take care!😊

Cheers CheersπŸ‘πŸΌ

Hey InnocentIndian,
Is it possible to extend your offer to help those visiting London to other fellow members?? I am planning on taking a short trip to London and could sure use a fair dose of it!! Happy vacation!😊

innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Kiranmayi....looks like this thread is becoming a "Remembering Bangalore" thread...πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘....i feel like coming there now πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by: RikNik

Hey InnocentIndian,
Is it possible to extend your offer to help those visiting London to other fellow members?? I am planning on taking a short trip to London and could sure use a fair dose of it!!

Hiya RikNik

Absolutely!!!πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜›πŸ‘....my offer is extended to all astitvans 😊...please peeps, do let me know if there is anything i can do if u guys are coming this way...as i say, prob wont be able to bump into each other as its sucha a big place, but it will be a pleasure to be able to doanything i can....riknik, when u coming? what are your plans?😊

Edited by innocentindian - 18 years ago
dreamzkp thumbnail

Originally posted by: innocentindian

Kiranmayi....looks like this thread is becoming a "Remembering Bangalore" thread...πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘....i feel like coming there now πŸ˜‰

Cool....If you really happen to come down, you know where to land right?

Hiya RikNik

Absolutely!!!πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜›πŸ‘....my offer is extended to all astitvans 😊...please peeps, do let me know if there is anything i can do if u guys are coming this way...as i say, prob wont be able to bump into each other as its sucha a big place, but it will be a pleasure to be able to doanything i can....riknik, when u coming? what are your plans?😊

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Kiran, to more questions from me...

You said, you were very submissive in the early stages of your married life, sacrificed a lot to adjust to the atmosphere of your hubby's place... Can you give us an example where you thought you sacrificed? (If this is not too personal).

What do you think is the best way in which a daughter-in-law can win the hearts of in-laws? What if, the in-laws do not have a big heart? What should  the girl do?

Do you think in such situations, being patient and submissive will work out, or the girl needs to be dominant, agressive, to press home the facts?

There is  a saying that, The way to a husband's heart is thro' his stomach... Do you agree to this? πŸ˜† If yes, why? If no, why?

There are many inter-related questions here, so you can feel free to answer them in a para , rather than splitting them into seperate answers...

Will be back later...