Dear 4 Lions Films Production House,

Simply_Smart thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Dear 4 Lions Films Production House,

First of all, I would like to thank you for creating Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. It is a beautifully conceptualized show thus far with a great potential to shake up the Indian Television Industry if the show stays true to its story. 

And what a story you have weaved till now! I am always eager to know what is going to happen next, but that does not mean I want to watch what is going to happen next out of the show's setting. I LOVE watching behind the scenes footage and interviews, but there should be an element of surprise that should be maintained for the actual episode. 

I understand that you want to promote the show and get the audience interested, but allowing Saas Bahu Aur Betiyaan (SBB) to reveal an entire scene (with dialogues!) before it airs is unacceptable. Especially when you are building up to a Maha Episode, it completely ruins the element of surprise and the ambiance and build up that will be created up to the scene in the actual show. Even if the actual scene is fantastic, it  may leave the audience disappointed because the spoiler raises expectations so high. Or it can even diminish interests with viewers not tuning in at all for that episode because they already know what's going to happen!

I am still going to watch the episode no matter what and I loved seeing Barun Sobti at work, but I did not appreciate watching what should be a poignant and powerful scene of IPKKND in SBB on November 18, 2011. There is a stark difference between giving the audience a little teaser to spark interest and spoiling the intensity that your leads create in a scene by giving it away too early (I'm sure you already know this because you always have the perfectly agonizing and exciting Precaps for us!).

I sincerely hope that you increase the monitoring of what is being filmed on your sets by outsiders and how much of it is being revealed to the audience before the actual episode airs because it can have negative consequences. 

Best Wishes,
Smarty

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Simply_Smart thumbnail
Hey Guys!  

I was really peeved that SBB basically ruined such an important scene in their November 18th segment of IPKKND by airing the sequence WITH DIALOGUES! I was looking forward to the scene where Arnav returns the ring to her and did not want to know so much information before hand! At least in the past they had music playing so there was something to look forward to. But I felt this was too much. Under no circumstances should 4 Lions have allowed that segment with so much actual footage to air as it did! So I wanted to voice that to the PH.  

Please add any comments/feedback/suggestions you have for the PH here. I'm sure (or I hope at least) that their IF jasooses read through what we have to say.  

Best, 
Smarty
Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am with you my friendπŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
-CoolChick- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sorry for butting in, buh u alwaz have an option of not watching SBS/SBB segments...πŸ˜ƒ...just dnt click n read tht thread !πŸ˜ƒ
applesauce. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Agree..1st sbb n dan sum article..ruind my mood.
bikerider thumbnail
oh SBB and SBS footage are watched by  PH dear and i keep saying that do not go by precap or promo or SBB and SBS as  i always felt that it just creates anticipation but actually it may be something else .

i agree with you what you say.  i am more for it because  i hate when CVs play with us with precap and promo.  but i love it when they give a very good scene and  takes advantage of us as emotional fools .
i love when CVs make me like a character like ASR . as somebody mentioned in a post i love it when they make me give a damn that  ASR is officially with blah when he he has eyes ears only for kushi.

but i feel the devdas asr is for us to feel bad for ASR when he insults kushi.

Simply_Smart thumbnail

Originally posted by: garima_IPKKND

Sorry for butting in, buh u alwaz have an option of not watching SBS/SBB segments...πŸ˜ƒ...just dnt click n read tht thread !πŸ˜ƒ

You aren't butting in, hun! And I was expecting this solution from someone and thought about it myself too. But as I said, I don't mind the segments...I haven't till now because I love seeing Barun and Sanaya's behind the scenes camaraderie. 

They have showed scenes in the past too, but there was always music playing so we didn't hear all the dialogue. Or they would show like a 5 second dialogue scene. But this segment showed the entire scene, dialogue and all! Don't you think thats a little too much and ruins the anticipation/element of surprise from the show?
geetmaanluv thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
dont worry... im sure there is more. even in the diwali seq they should a lot of them but we still got the payal scene and the almost kiss scene. i sure there is more. the scene they showed in sbb was the precap scene... so dont loose hope there will be a lot of arhi scenes after the engagement revelation
-CoolChick- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Simply_Smart

You aren't butting in, hun! And I was expecting this solution from someone and thought about it myself too. But as I said, I don't mind the segments...I haven't till now because I love seeing Barun and Sanaya's behind the scenes camaraderie. 

They have showed scenes in the past too, but there was always music playing so we didn't hear all the dialogue. Or they would show like a 5 second dialogue scene. But this segment showed the entire scene, dialogue and all! Don't you think thats a little too much and ruins the anticipation/element of surprise from the show?

ohh their offscreen friendship n masti is as adorable as their love-hate relationship in the show...πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ...love watching dat too...n ur right hun...it DOES KILL THE CURIOSITY...πŸ˜†...but m sucha greedy soul...πŸ˜†...i simply cnt resist myself...! bt yes imp. scenes like dis shud be kept as SURPRISE for viewers..πŸ˜ƒ

march2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
a bit divided with your concept dear so far i love to watch the shooting sequence foe me it makes no difference watever it has i watch it even good or bad as watchg these two charactors its just superb and sanaya and barun offscreen camaraderie also is what had always wanted to see in all movies or tv shows actors to really know the person they are