Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
 Writers revolution  needed pretty please!!! Edited by tvdekha - 12 years ago
FIZK6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
If Vidya is worried she will get pity from Priya, which she will,  then what is she getting from Aditya. He pities her too, for her life being ruined and used in a cheap way. Priya already knew  that everything is not perfect between Gaurav Vidya. Ok so Vidya is ashamed that Priya will find out  that she and Gaurav dont have a normal marriage, what she told Aditya was it any less embarassing. As a woman Priya will feel Vidyas pain more and help her. Vidyas mom told her that women get blamed if anything goes wrong in a marriage, maybe thats what Vidya is afraid of. Brahma did blame her. But Priya wont.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I agree. But Vidya can't do anything about Aditya. It has already been done.  Priya, she can prevent. And she's also trying to prevent Gaurav falling in Priya's eyes as he has in Aditya's eyes.  The irony is that Priya would understand straight away, because she knows what Brahma is.

It's not that Vidya's actions aren't also spurred by misplaced hope and selfishness. The very fact that she doesn't her situation known to Priya (taking out Gaurav) is selfish as well. And I agree that no matter what, there is still some hope in her about Gaurav.  For some possibility.

I just think Vidya's action is due to a couple of varying reasons.

It's also obvious that the writers are using this to

1) Delay Priya's coming to know - affecting how she'll deal with Cheenu and Gaurav
2) Delay Aditya's knowing about his father
3) Balancing the "keeping a secret from spouse" score between Aditya and Priya

Gaurav/Karan/Vidya can still go on however they go on regardless of whether or not Priya knows.

The writers dropped the ball on Karan/Vidya.  After the reveal I had a lot of expectations on how these two characters would interact with each other, understand each other, etc.  And the writers also they dropped the ball with Karan and his focusing on his art.  

They can still do both, but whether they will is another matter.

KhatamKahani thumbnail
Originally posted by: tvdekha

Writers revolution  needed pretty please!!!

How I wish Hindi serials would have a set, or at least an approximate running time.  This used to be the case, back in the day. 

I can't believe some say that longer serials are a progression.  BS.  It's a progression only if they know from the start approximately how long the show air, and more importantly, approximately when the show will end.

But it's not going to happen in this TRP dominated industry.  And Hindi (and possibly all Indian) serials have such a bad reputation because of it.

Hell, even audiences are not ready to accept an end, when there should be an end. So why blame the industry itself?
FIZK6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@Likarsh ... The 3  points you made are understandable. To delay the truth about  Brahma coming out the writers needed this. But Vidya is still trying to live in ignorance. Which is going to be more painful for all 3 concerned (Gaurav, Vidya and Karan),  well infact it already is.
And as Priya wont know the truth she is not going to be able to understand both Chinu and Gaurav.

As for all serials being given a time limit, i agree. In fact before a serial starts on TV, the channels should know from the production houses  what is the story and based on that they should agree on in what time frame the serial should finish its show. Whether  its 1, 2 or 3 years. This way the serial wont drag and in fact it would be more interesting.

KhatamKahani thumbnail
Originally posted by: FIZK6

@Likarsh ... The 3  points you made are understandable. To delay the truth about  Brahma coming out the writers needed this. But Vidya is still trying to live in ignorance. Which is going to be more painful for all 3 concerned (Gaurav, Vidya and Karan),  well infact it already is.
And as Priya wont know the truth she is not going to be able to understand both Chinu and Gaurav.

As for all serials being given a time limit, i agree. In fact before a serial starts on TV, the channels should know from the production houses  what is the story and based on that they should agree on in what time frame the serial should finish its show. Whether  its 1, 2 or 3 years. This way the serial wont drag and in fact it would be more interesting.

I agree with this. Like I said, I called out Vidya's selfishness way back when she refused to leave Gaurav.  And I have no doubt that she still harbours some hope.  Not only that, even if she doesn't harbour any hope, how she's going about is not helping the situation any.  It's making matters worse.

And in no way do I think this turn makes the story any better. Like I said, I really don't care that much for watching these recent episodes a second time.  It has stagnated again, imo.  And we'll see if the divorce actually goes forward or not.

Agreed about the channels and PH.  Though I have a feeling the channels are probably the biggest culprit.  
Edited by likarsh - 12 years ago
Likarsh : Yrf shows had limited no. of episodes with a grt start,mid and end.
Watch Kismat on youtube...adaptation of Jeffrey Archer's Kane and Abel.Beautifully done.
gracious45 thumbnail
Originally posted by: krutiv100

the thing that bother's me is the fact how they make Adi not think things through as in he knows bhrama shot vidya due to some misunderstanding can he not now put the pieces together and realise maybe his dad was gona shoot gaurav not vidya and that vidya came in the way? if priya knew  im sure she would have worked it out...

Also does bauji know gaurav is gay cos i was under the impression he doesnt know...

and about vidya...i wrote this in another thread so will quote myself here again...
 alsoI don't think vidya is embarssed of Gaurav and his sexuality,if anything she has been suportive of him..even encouraging him to make up with karan... and i feel she doesnt want priya to know as Priya respects Vidya as a bhabhi (jethani)and as a woman and thinks that she has a proper husband-wife relationship with garurav,if priya was to find out maybe vidya is scared that priya will look at her and treat her different...and also it would be humiliating for her to know that priya knows she has nver been touched by her husband. Also she said to Adi that she doesnt want Gaurav to go down in priya's eyes as he will be humliated..plus when she was talking to gaurav on the phone before he went missing she thought he was going to harm himself so this adds to her worry of priya finding out and gaurav being down already it might make it worse for him.
i think vidya feels the longer she can keep up the pretence of her realtionship with gaurav the better what she doesnot realise is the exact opposite will happen it will be worse.

But that does say that she thinks gaurav's sexuality is something that he should be ashamed of and should be hidden from the world.
gracious45 thumbnail
Originally posted by: likarsh

Bauji knows Gaurav is gay.  He was in Devyani's flashback, trying tell Devyani to accept Gaurav as he is; and Brahma came in agitated, going off about some homosexual couple and vowed that he would kill the guy if it were his son.

I really have nothing to say about the show. Just two weeks ago, I would watch it on youtube and watch it again with subs to get everything. Now I don't even care that much to watch it a second time.

Why didn't Gaurav just open his damn mouth and say that was the reason Brahma shot him/Vidya?  Aditya should realistically realise it soon. But I don't think he will.  Priya would've understood as soon as she heard it, which is one of the reasons it's being delayed.

I said this before, I have a worry that Aditya will side with his father if the divorce actually proceeds.

As for Vidya.  I would imagine there are a bunch of reasons mixed in. The first thing Priya would probably do is go to Vidya and try to console her.  Now this is a great thing to do, but it may not be easy for Vidya.  Then there's also Vidya's fear that the exact thing that's happened with Adi will happen with Priya. Vidya doesn't know that Gaurav has already fallen in Priya's eyes (because of the Cheenu matter). 

Is there some selfishness in it? Yes. I said from way back then when she decided not to go back with her parents, that there was a bit of selfishness in it.  But I don't think it's totally and completely selfishness.

BTW- Aditya's seen the pain in Vidya's parents eyes whenever they're asked about a grandchild? ðŸ¤£  Yeah, now that he knows the "problem" with Gaurav and Vidya, he thinks back to those moments and realises it's pain.  And it's probably more pain in Vidya's mother's eyes.  It's only been a year. Her father is not at that point of  "pain" yet.

i think the funny part is that vidya's mom thinks gaurav cant perform and that is why they are not sexually active...she will be shocked to know the truth and then will force vidya to somehow sleep with gaurav and have a baby and how it is her responsibility to make her her husband have desire for her...and knowing vidya she will once again try to emotionally blackmail gaurav to sleep with her
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Originally posted by: tvdekha

Likarsh : Yrf shows had limited no. of episodes with a grt start,mid and end.

Watch Kismat on youtube...adaptation of Jeffrey Archer's Kane and Abel.Beautifully done.

Yeah.  I watched a few episodes of Mahi Way and Rishta.com, but they weren't really serialised.  Mahi Way, I found faults with. Rishta.com on the other hand, was pretty damn good.

I've been meaning to watch Kismat.  But I think I need to grasp more of the language before I start watching that. When something of good quality, I need to know exactly what's being said and need full grasp of the dialogue. Unfortunately, there are no subs (official or fan) for Kismat.  So it will take me a few more years before I watch it. ðŸ˜ƒ