NF: Akhand Bharath Ka Sapna - Updt on Page 12

Posted: 12 years ago
Hello Friends Here is my first thread on this Forum. 

It is just the continuation of the "Rough Guy in the town" thread. 

Note: It is a Non-Fictious (NF) thread which gives the info about the Historical aspects occured during the Chandra Gupta Maurya time.

It is NOT a Fan Fiction thread

Here is the link of the previous thread "Rough Guy in the town" for your reference.

Index

1. Pataliputra
2. Meeting Katyayan ji after a Decade
3. Sensitive Moments
4. Opinion abt Administration of Magadh
5. Reminding near and dear
6. Senapati Maurya
7. Future Plans
8. Face to Face with Nanda after a Decade
9. Dhananand Insults & Chanakya takes Pratigya
10. Freed from Gallows
11. Journey to Pippilikanan
12. About Pippilikanan
13. Uprooting the Thorny Bushes
14. At the house of Senapati Maurya
15. Finally they Meet
16. Who was Chandragupta Maurya?
17. The King & the Subjects
18. The Intelligence of Chandragupta
19. Senapati Maurya & Chanakya
20. The Teaching Begins
21. Journey to the far off Destination
Page 8: Articles Credit: Radhikarani πŸ˜Š https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1668626
22. Kautilya's Arthasastra
23. Six forms of Diplomacy
24. Education in Takshila
25. Ambhik & Parvateswar
Detailed Article for Saga of Ambhik Orginally posted by Niren: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1699150
26. Alka
27. Seriousness in Gandhar: Discussion between Gandharraj & Alka
27. Role of CGM & others during Invasion
28. Meeting Selucus & understanding the Plans of Greeks

Swetha

Edited by vss08 - 12 years ago
Previous topic is closed at Chanakya entering Pataliputra.

From this topic onwards it will be Chanakya's experience in Pataliputra after a decade and so on.

hope you all will like it and encourage me in continuing to post further topics too.

thank you all for sparing time to read my post hoping the same in future.

Swetha

Pataliputra

Pataliputra was known for respecting knowledgeable people and scholars. The intellectuals from across the country were warmly invited for the intercourse of new ideas and development of the state.

It was virtually the city of fortunes as it recognized the true talent and rewarded richly for the work done by an individual.

When Chanakya entered the city, it had grown richer materially but weaker in administration. He found fewer gaurds at the check points of the city, although vasnatotsav was still some time away he found many groups of men and women enjoying themselves singing and dancing.

Due to lack of strict security he could enter the city with comparative ease.

The whole city was immersed in a sort of languour felt by a person on the morning after the previous night's drunken revelry. With eyes reddened and bodies lax, the people of Magadh projected an image of utter debauchery.

Chankaya thought "They don't know that grim times are ahead which was casting its shadows even in the interior parts of the country."

Swetha

Meeting Katyayan ji after a Decade

Chanakya headed straight towards ex-minister's (Katyayan) house on the banks of the river Ganges. After few cautious check points he finally met Katyayan ji who was not doing well.

Chanakya surprised to see him worn down by atleast 20yrs older than he met first a decade ago.

Katyayan ji was delighted to see Chanakya.

The tender, bony boy was replaced by a strong limbed, mature man, who had grown rather darker in complexion but sturdier in appearance.

But the thing which didn't change was the look in Chanakya's eyes the same faraway look as though unconcerned with what was present and looking far beyond.

Swetha 

Sensitive Moments

Katyayanji asked: "Vish …. Oh …. Chanakya Dear! How are yoy? Iam really thrilled to see you back. I did learn that you had not only finished your education at Takshila but also teaching there.

You have made Magadh proud. Iam really glad that you could come back and meet me."

Chanakya replied and inturn asked: "you're very kind, Arya! But how is my mother? Where is she?"

This question almost doused the gleam in the eyes of Katyayan ji but he had no other option.

"Dear …..! Your mother passed away a long time ago. She grew quite restless after your secret departure. Then, probably in the second year of your departure, she began to get very ill.

Though I fed her on a heavy dose of false hopes, she wouldn't accept it. She lost all desire to live. Ultimately she died of protracted illness. In the absence of any known relation, I had to perform the last rites of my Guru Mata.

He went inside and emerged with a tiny bundle of cloth.

"These are her ashes some of which I have preserved for you. I was certain that you would come."

Receiving that parcel, Chanakya was moved to tears but he held them back. He thought painfully "So this is what is left of that fair lady for me."

Katyayan ji spoke "My deepest sympathies for you. You must now immerse these ashes in the Ganga tomorrow and perform her Shraddha.

We can now do so openly as Nanda is not as hostile to the Brahman as he used to be.

The scion of the family of Vakranas, Rakshas himself a Brahman, has manage to take that rancour out of the monarch's heart and has almost immersed him in Madira."

Swetha

CONGO!!!!!!! swetha for ur first thread... and it is simply awesome... Carry on with the good workπŸ‘
111.gif
Next update jaldi karnaπŸ˜‰
thanks Purup and Jayathi!

yeah will do the update in a day or two.

Swetha
Bahaut achcha hai shweta!πŸ‘
new thread gr8
u guyz r making the forum bit active 
gr8 keep on sharing
Thank u Arushi!

Kushi! thank u. yeah we (me n Jayathi) thought that its better i open one

more thread for my regular updates. and i mentioned that it is a non

fictious so that people may not confuse between ff and my updates. πŸ˜†

this couldn't have happened without all ur support. thank u all.

Swetha