Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Aamir Khan sets record with 'Talaash' fee

Posted: 12 years ago

Perhaps, for the first time in the history of Hindi cinema an actor will get a larger share of the profit than the primary producers

Everyone was quite shocked when writer-director Reema Kagti managed to rope in Aamir Khan for her thriller Talaash (earlier called Dhuan). Insiders say Aamir is one actor who doesn't get easily impressed. So one wondered how she managed the casting coup! According to the official version, the young filmmaker had done it solely on the strength of her powerful script. We think Reema's close camaraderie with Kiran Rao (Aamir's wife) and the ace actor's harmonious relationship with Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani (he was in their first production, Dil Chahta Hai, remember?) were deciding factors for Aamir to say 'yes'. Now, we have found out something else too. Something that's left us shocked. Farhan and Ritesh have agreed to let Aamir pocket 80 percent of the profits from Talaash! Yes, 80 percent! Now we know it is common practice in B-town for actors to take a share of the profits rathern than charge a hefty fee. Aamir had done it earlier with 3 Idiots too. But 80 percent? We'll bet that this the highest percentage of profit sharing any superstar has received, so far. Aamir will also be credited as the co-producer of the film, just like Shahrukh Khan is being credited for Don 2. And don't forget this will mean that Farhan and Ritesh's production house Excel Entertainment, which is the primary producer, will have to be content with only 20 percent of the spoils. Guess that's the price you pay for casting Aamir Khan!

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/aamir-khan-sets-record-with-talaash-fee/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tsk! tsk! tsk!   🤢
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
What if the film flops?Will he share 80% loss?
Originally posted by: JONAKIHATESYOU

What if the film flops?Will he share 80% loss?

It Won't happen in next 80 years ðŸ˜›
But I thought he didn't care about money. ðŸ˜²
AishMinoz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Money dsnt excites me🤪
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Why is Farhan content with only 20% share?
What if Rani and KK want 10% share each?

how fake his hairs & hairline is!  ðŸ¤¢

ALI_Elly thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
bamboocopter sooo almost every actor has done hair transplant even young 1s like ranbir..yeh to phir 45+ hai..:P

^  he didn't do transplant; he wears patches. i know Ranbir also wore hair patches on Rajneeti (But, after weaving some on his forehead, he doesn't need to chipkawofy those pitch-black fake patches). trust me, hair patches make a man look FUGLY!

well, transplants are ok. that doesn't make a man look fake. he can opt for this procedure.

pls! stop wearing these fugly patches, Aamir  ðŸ˜µ

Edited by bamboocopter - 12 years ago