mrs.msk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey guys,

So I am here once again giving another shot at one shot...wow that is a mouth full to say lol...anyway...I hope you guys enjoy it and don't kill me at the end!πŸ˜† Am gonna hide after this πŸ˜† And NO I don't think there will be another part of this One Shot...I know many of you guys will ask me πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Never Meant To Be

Have you ever heard the saying if something is not meant to be yours then don't fight for it? Well something similar along the lines of that. It happened to me too. I guess some things are not meant to be together. I have learned my lesson. I now believe in living in the present. Living in the moment. 

What happened, happened why ruin your present thinking about it? But no matter how hard I try to say to myself, I always end up going back to the past. Thinking about the past, the moments, the happiness I once had. I wasn't the weak once either. I was not going to sit in one place and cry as they would show on tv and very often in the movies. Nope. I am the one to fight. No one calls me Geet Handa for no reason. I am strong now.  I know how to fight for myself and fight the circumstances. Now, don't get me wrong. My past isn't as bad as it seems. I tend to over exaggerate a lot, one of my bad qualities you see. No my past was good, filled with everything. There was one person though...we had it good...we were good but like I said before what's never meant to be should I guess stay that way.

I guess its time to move on. Find someone else but that someone else will he be able to complete my void? Will that someone fill the hole that I have in my heart? *sigh* there I go again being so dramatic. Anyway I have to go...I got a date tonight and a business party to attend to. Hope everything goes good. 

Bye. 

P.S. I am taking you with me in case if I need to say something. 

She closes the diary smiling to herself. Quickly, she got ready and made sure her diary was in her bag before leaving the house. Geet Handa was her name. She lived with her parents in Delhi, they had a name in the society. They were typical family you would see in the films, happy, content with their lives. She was the only daughter of course so that meant more attention for her. Her mom was a housewife always after her marriage. 

She could proudly tell everyone she was a proud daughter of a proud father, who was a judge. She would often sit in the court when she was little watching her dad give the rulings to the criminals. It gave her more pride toward her father. He was helping clean the society by putting away the bad people. Today, she followed in his footsteps and became a lawyer. She still hasn't reached the level she wanted but she is working hard. She loves helping out people. She fight for what is right. She has a name in the society. Everywhere she goes people recognize her. She loves her job and would do anything for anyone who needs help. 

She sits on her desk, for some reason smiling more then usual. She didn't know why. Her Secretary comes in giving her the agenda for today which kept her busy all day. She had to prepare for a big business party tonight which meant that she has to leave early, go shopping, change, and then run to the party. Is she forgetting something? Ohh yeah her date. She wanted to cancel for today but being Geet that she is..she didn't ask for his number instead she gave him her number. So she hoped that he would call her to tell him that she can't come, maybe he will understand and if he doesn't then ohh well. I guess.

It was around lunch time now and she still had a lot of work to finish before the end of the day. She looks at her phone as it rings. She picks it up without looking and immediately drops the pen in her hand.

"ohh hey...listen I wanted to tell you that I can't come for lunch today. I am so busy...Dinner? I can't I have a party to attend to...its a business party...you want to come? umm sure...okay yeah we will meet there..." She smiles "okay see you then..bye..."

She sits back on the chair relaxing...she takes out her diary...

So it turns out I had to cancel my lunch date today...too much is going on. I feel like I will go crazy one of these days but you know what? I love every minute of it. I don't know if I should tell my mom I have a date tonight? Should I? No..I will wait..if my mother finds out that I know she will immediately start planning my wedding in her head. She already has everything set in her head: the guests list, the food, clothings, etc...She is very sneaky you know. No matter what we are talking about she would somehow bring up marriage saying you know this and this person got married. This marriage had this at their wedding..blah blah blah...I knew where she was going with this...topic...and you know what she often tells me? "You are not getting any younger you know..." ugh I know that...but I am still young..I am like what 25..is that old? Never mind...mothers I tell you. Anyway I gotta go. Now I have to do shopping very carefully...I don't want to look like a bum on my first date. 
Bye. 

The rest of the day went like a blur to Geet. She was finally done with what she had to do and now she can go home no shopping. She drives herself to the mall looking at some stuff. She didn't know if she should wear a dress or a sari. She knew her mom would not allow her to go to a party in dresses so sari it is. She tired on different saris before finally deciding on white sari with purple borders around it. Feeling satisfied she goes back home ate a quick dinner before heading upstairs to change. 

I am ready for the party. Finally. It was so hard for me to keep my mom out of my room while I was changing trying to convert me into wearing gold. Ugh I hate gold. Anyway, I had some spare time so thought I update this right now. So I am wearing a white sari with purple borders. Looking stunning. I don't know why I wore white today but it was giving me a good feeling. White...hmmm you know someone else liked white too...but umm thats for later...lets not go there...anyway I have to run. 

She stood there with a soft drink in her hand waiting for her date to show up. She so hoped that he didn't stood her up. She smiled and talked to a lot of people that she knew. The usual but her eyes were kept on the door for some reason. Sighing she went back to one table sipping her drink. She was getting up to to go the bathroom when she saw a familiar face. He had entered the party with someone. He looked her way and smiled at her. She smiled back before going to the bathroom. Just like that the past came flashing by.

Flashback:

She was 22 still in college studying when she met him for the first time. He was in the same library as was in. She had seen him from time to time passing by talking to other people, mostly girls surrounded him all the time. Why shouldn't they...he was handsome in his own way. He had some kind of magic in his presence that makes everyone look at him. Both never talked to each other nor had any classes together. He was senior while she junior. 

Now, both sat in the same library a table away from each other he was busy in his books while Geet tried her best to look into her book to study. She looked down and realized that she got the wrong book. Giving up she goes to get the correct book but there was a problem...it was too high for her. She tried her level best to reach for it but couldn't. She stopped mid-way when she heard a deep voice coming from behind her. She slowly turned around and saw him standing there with arms folded on his chest...she didn't know what to do or say in the moment...she just stood there like a statue...he snaps his finger in front of her again bringing her out of her little world.

"Do you need any help?" She shook her head yes unable to say anything...he moved closer to her almost making her a sandwich between him and the bookshelf. She held her breath feeling the closeness. Before she could bask in everything he moved away holding a book in front of her. "Here you go..."

"Thank you..." She gave out a high-pitched voice that embarrassed her. She heard him chuckle before walking away. She wanted to die right then and there. After taking few minutes to compose herself she slowly made her way to the table. She hoped that he was not there but he was to her horror. She quickly opened her book and bends her head down unable to look at him. She tried to concentrate but couldn't. She wanted to leave but couldn't ...

"Do you mind if I sit here?" 

She looked up and saw him standing there holding his books in his hands with a bookback on one shoulder...unknowingly she shaked her head yes  allowing him to sit there. That was the most awkward moment of her life. She could feel him looking at her once in a while making her more nervous. Soon that was their meeting spot. They both got comfortable with each other and became friends. 

After about 6 months into their friendship. He asked her out. She couldn't have been more happier. Both started dating and living life. Everything seemed like a dream but soon that dream came to a halt when he graduated. Everything changed. He became busy in work while she still studying. The day that both have been dreading came. The day both decided to call it off. The stupid thing was none of them regret anything nor cried or had any remorse over their moments spent. I guess both of them knew that the day would come when they are no longer together. Both bid each other happily to move on and focus on their careers. 

End Flashback!

Geet braced herself as she came out of the bathroom. She sat on her table waiting for her date to come. 

"Do you mind if I sit here?" She smiled she knew who the voice belonged too. She didn't need to look up..to see Maan Singh Khruana standing there with a smile. He sat on the chair opposite of Geet looking at her. "So how is everything?"

Geet: Same..nothing changed...just work and home..what about you?

Maan: Same...expect I am dating...

Geet: aah that women I saw with you...where is she?

Maan: She went to the bathroom. Are you waiting for someone? I noticed you looking at the door

Geet: yeah my date was suppose to meet me here but I guess he is not coming...

Maan: hmm too bad for him. He doesn't know what he is missing. (She looks at him...she saw his date coming towards him...)

Geet: Looks like your date is coming.

Maan (turns around...) hmmm well take care Geet. You look good by the way in that Sari. Always have. 

Geet: You too...(She watched him greet his date again. Both made their way to the dance floor while she sat there by herself. She decided to go home since the party was getting boring...as she was leaving a guy with a bouquet stood in front of her. Dev Kapoor...)

Dev: Sorry am late. I didn't know what type of flowers you like

Geet: hmm its okay

Dev: Don't tell me you don't like them

Geet (smiles) I like them. I was about to leave

Dev: You can't leave without a dance. Please

Geet (sighs) okay but you owe me for being late

Dev: Sure thing madam...(he leads her to the dance floor...both Maan and Geet look at each other with smile...I guess some people are never meant to be together...)

Okay guys how was it? It was a different try right? I thought why not separate them for a change πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by mrs.msk - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mino_M thumbnail

Me first!! LOL

The OS was good, but you know being a Maaneet fan we always want them together. But, hey it a reality of life somethings are just never meant to be.

Mino
Edited by Mino_M - 12 years ago
-memorable- thumbnail

different yes but i still prefer them together  
Edited by -memorable- - 12 years ago
soni4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awsum update
buh u seperated maan n geet lol
buh luvd da os
fanx 4 da pm xx πŸ˜Š
XXaquafireXX thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
😲

😳

😡

πŸ€“

πŸ˜’

😭

🀒

...My expressions as I read you OS.

It was wonderful and so darn sad. Well ur title does make sense. They had a thing and eventually fell out of it. If they truly cared for one another they would have found a way to be together which was certainly not the case here. Nice story! πŸ˜Š Even though it ripped my heart to pieces πŸ€’

πŸ˜†
Edited by XXaquafireXX - 12 years ago
awesome grt os
luvd it
so both r wid their own dates now
but hai babaji( simi di)
iss maaneet ke liye dhadakne wale dil ko tod dala*heart breaks*
but njoyed it all d more spcly d diary entries & views abt her mom
same in my case too
i wont request u 4 another updt bcs u shud gv it such a lovely storyline shudnt be wasted * consider it as an order bcs m very bad at orders & threats* *just kidding*lolzzz
thnx 4 d pm
PaintedSky thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
story was good.. but separation never goes hand in hand with MaaneetπŸ˜‰
TeamMcSwarek thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
likeed it very much
but kinda sad that they weren't meant to be
felicitysmoak. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Loved it lots 
Was shocked that Maneet weren't together 
But guess its true if things ain't meant then no one can do anything x

Sonali92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
reall very nice os...and yes you are are right some people are never meant to be but Maaneet are... πŸ˜‰