Dharampatni

Does saas like Saroj exist?

romiosugar1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Guys, I know this is a fiction show that is written by someone just like us based on her/his imagination, but I have a serious question in my mindπŸ˜†πŸ˜† Does saas like Saroj exist in real world?  If they do, then how would you [think as a girlπŸ˜‰] overcome with it?πŸ˜› Would you be as calm and peaceful as Kastur and try to entertain/pleasure her? I am so pissed off with this character. She is not entertaining me at all  Why is she so hell bent down on putting Kastur down and sad? She really gets on my last nerve πŸ˜› How come a mother in law is so jealous and insecure  with her daughter in law?  She should be happy for her son man...I am not liking Saroj's character because she is just too much sometime πŸ₯±
Rest...loved today's episode =) It was so nice to see Mohan talking and comforting Kastur. I was actually thinking that Mohan stops liking Kastur soon after they got married, but for a chance, CV has something in store for viewers as they are showing Mohan as a cute and supportive man yet helpless/jobless young man. He is not confident enough to do or support anything/anyone, but he does make Kastur feel better with his few funny lines πŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Yuks- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
This is the age old saas-bahu struggle.

When a new bahu enters the house, a saas feel threatened. Her position is being taken from her. The attention that was once hers is being shared by her bahu. There's some mother in laws who can overcome the feeling and accept it

But many many just cant.
And it can be worse in india where both saas and bahu are together at home, bahu trying to adjust and create a place for hersef and saas trying to cling onto the place she had.

And with this, the women clash.

Im not saying it's always the saas that lashes out. A lot of times it's the bahu, trying to create place forherself, trying to push the saas out of the picture.
And sometimes its the saas.

But the struggle between saas-bahu has been there as long as there were saas-bahus, and will continue.

If I were in Kastur's position, I would also try and win over my saas. Because you have to love with this woman, and she is not called MOTHER-in-law for nothing. It's better that you get along and be happy, that have fights and dramas every day.
But there is only so far that I would go. After a while, if she's not interested, then she's not. It's best to get on with your life.

Yuks
anitarani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Yes Saas like Saroj do exist πŸ˜”  Had seen one of my neighbours'
go through a terrible time like this few years back.  It only ended
when the saas died.. sad but true.
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I have seen saas like Saroj among my relatives, so its nothing surprising for me 🀒
But yea, loved Mohan comforting Kastur with his cuteness 😳

romiosugar1 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: queenyuks

This is the age old saas-bahu struggle.

When a new bahu enters the house, a saas feel threatened. Her position is being taken from her. The attention that was once hers is being shared by her bahu. There's some mother in laws who can overcome the feeling and accept it

But many many just cant.
And it can be worse in india where both saas and bahu are together at home, bahu trying to adjust and create a place for hersef and saas trying to cling onto the place she had.

And with this, the women clash.

Im not saying it's always the saas that lashes out. A lot of times it's the bahu, trying to create place forherself, trying to push the saas out of the picture.
And sometimes its the saas.

But the struggle between saas-bahu has been there as long as there were saas-bahus, and will continue.

If I were in Kastur's position, I would also try and win over my saas. Because you have to love with this woman, and she is not called MOTHER-in-law for nothing. It's better that you get along and be happy, that have fights and dramas every day.
But there is only so far that I would go. After a while, if she's not interested, then she's not. It's best to get on with your life.

Yuks

Thanks for taking your time out to reply =) and yeah, I get the fact that saas is insecure because her position is being taken by her newly entered bahu but why does a saas need to feel so threatened? Why not view things differently because the bahu is none other than her own bahu. Bahu is not her (any saas) sauten who is there to snatch her right/positionπŸ˜† I see your points but I am not convinced with saas's such attitude. I would never try to pleasure my saas like Kastur does πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›
romiosugar1 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: anitarani

Yes Saas like Saroj do exist πŸ˜”  Had seen one of my neighbours'

go through a terrible time like this few years back.  It only ended
when the saas died.. sad but true.

Ufff...I am dead then...I guess, I get the answer of my question and it's plain sad to know that such saas exist. I can understand saas not liking  bahu because she is uneducated and blah blah but why make such a big deal if her own son is happy with his wife ? This is the case with Saroj. She is just too egoistic and has been overlooking her son's happiness!! πŸ˜•

Thanks for convincing me! I am not gonna blame Saroj alone then coz it seems there are many more who is like Saroj πŸ˜†
romiosugar1 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Bidz_cutegal

I have seen saas like Saroj among my relatives, so its nothing surprising for me 🀒
But yea, loved Mohan comforting Kastur with his cuteness 😳

Yup, Mohan is super cute and loved the way he comforted Kastur. I just hope, he will be able to open Saroj's eyes soon! I want Saroj to accept Kastur as her bahu πŸ˜‰
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
In this case though, i do think the writers gave her enough background to also be sympathetic. She is wrong.  She's gone off.  And she has issues with her "taking her place in Mohan's life."

But at the end of the day, much of it is because of Baapji and his jackassery.  If he were a more decent head of the household, much of this probably would've been avoided.
Marvel-freak thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I guess every saas is who she is because of the way she was treated and the way she has been brought up.
Laylah thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
They do exist sadly and I feel for those girls who have to live with these women who live to torture them daily - like their daily kicks to get them started.  These women should realise, one day when they are old and wrinkly, its these poor souls who have been put down all their married lives who are the ones to look after them until they die, so really mother-in-laws should beware as the tortured ones never forget πŸ˜†