Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
It's already on some fixed set now :( Why can't they just stay in Hrishikesh pshhh!! Thankfully they have shot a sequence which is yet to come. I think that'll be our final viewing of the place and the 'free' Jeevika-Manvi.

It's strange but somehow I do see similar dynamics between JM and GK! Maybe not dynamics because there is no push and pull and the biggest difference is the romance angle ðŸ¤£ But even so, we both know that GK were much more than that! Similarly, I like how much Jeevika and Manvi mean to each other and the dependence they have on the other.
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Reemz ðŸ˜›,

So nice to see you here. I will catch up on this show be back to comment on your wonderful topic!
*Reemz* thumbnail
^Hey!! Good to see you here!! You just started watching?

Hope you enjoy catching up! Would love to know your views ;)
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Reemz*

It's already on some fixed set now :( Why can't they just stay in Hrishikesh pshhh!! Thankfully they have shot a sequence which is yet to come. I think that'll be our final viewing of the place and the 'free' Jeevika-Manvi.

It's strange but somehow I do see similar dynamics between JM and GK! Maybe not dynamics because there is no push and pull and the biggest difference is the romance angle ðŸ¤£ But even so, we both know that GK were much more than that! Similarly, I like how much Jeevika and Manvi mean to each other and the dependence they have on the other.

Yeah I figured they are already on a set...so there is one last Rishikesh visual yet to be shown? Interesting...

LOL I hadn't thought about the similar dynamics to that level but yes they are unique sort of relationships...some characters are very dynamic...they make things happen...Maanvi is like that in this show...her impetuousness, her impulsiveness, her honesty, her forthright-ness...these qualities create situations...but yeah one thing is common...her world begins and ends with Jeevika...which was the case with Kesar as well albeit on a different level😆

On a side note, it is interesting to me how much Maanvi can quiet down sometimes as well...she withdraws in hurt sometimes like in that scene when Beeji was coming to scold her and Jeevika stands in front...or today...when Swamini showed up, Manvi was just standing there with her head bowed as Swamini told her she was wrong to insult the designer...that's when sometimes it comes through more clearly that she is the baby of the family😆...a loud, brash baby but the younger child nevertheless.
*Reemz* thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

Yeah I figured they are already on a set...so there is one last Rishikesh visual yet to be shown? Interesting...

LOL I hadn't thought about the similar dynamics to that level but yes they are unique sort of relationships...some characters are very dynamic...they make things happen...Maanvi is like that in this show...her impetuousness, her impulsiveness, her honesty, her forthright-ness...these qualities create situations...but yeah one thing is common...her world begins and ends with Jeevika...which was the case with Kesar as well albeit on a different level😆

On a side note, it is interesting to me how much Maanvi can quiet down sometimes as well...she withdraws in hurt sometimes like in that scene when Beeji was coming to scold her and Jeevika stands in front...or today...when Swamini showed up, Manvi was just standing there with her head bowed as Swamini told her she was wrong to insult the designer...that's when sometimes it comes through more clearly that she is the baby of the family😆...a loud, brash baby but the younger child nevertheless.

That's it! Unique relationships which haven't really been treated in this manner. Like we've seen many sister stories but so far *touchwood* this one takes the bond more seriously than ever.

Her body language is very childlike! If you watch the first few episodes, there is a scene where Manvi is crying at the ghaat by herself and she kind of scrapes her feet against the ground like a child would. I can't describe it in words but that's how it comes across! Even their first scene on the bridge when she's slouching and saying 'Mujhse bardasht nahin hota di'. So those nuances definitely add a lot to the character. She's very very vulnerable especially when it comes to Jeevika but then there are times when she acts as her pillar.
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL she's like a jhalli phulli types...haha...a loud tomboy who bullies everyone around her...there's the child-like body language as you said...she jumps around like a 10 year old sometimes and then suddenly when she needs to be there for Jeevika, the maturity comes forth...then she's the pillar like you said. 

I was reading this excerpt from what Siddhart Malhotra said about Nia's talent as an actress and what she brings to the character of Maanvi:

We have heard that you are in complete praise for the amount of talent that Nia has. How was your experience working with her?              
Nia is extremely talented and she is more or less like Maanvi which makes her even more natural in the outcome she produces. She is pure and speaks from her heart. She is like Maanvi who speaks first and then thinks.

Quite true.

Btw is there an AT for the sisters?? LOL given how we're carrying on it seems like we should make one...haha...will you make it? I can catch up on the episodes in sequence then too.
*Reemz* thumbnail
Yeh Nia off-screen seems alot like Manvi!

Ahhh Look what I found :P

Unless you're not a romantic couple, yaha pe AT's nahin chalte!😛
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Yeh Nia off-screen seems alot like Manvi!

Ahhh Look what I found :P

Unless you're not a romantic couple, yaha pe AT's nahin chalte!😛

LOL 5 pages? 😆...I think it depends on how many ppl are interested in ACTUAL discussion😛

Chalo then I'll just stick to your posts about the sisters whenever you make them...😆...unless you want to make a new AT thread anyways...that one seems to be dead since a while.
*Reemz* thumbnail
I've noticed that the sisters get the most DISCUSSION but the couples get most SPAMMING! 

Well I've posted there, if it stays active then great otherwise whenever I do make threads we can discuss there ;)
AreYaar thumbnail

I've noticed that the sisters get the most DISCUSSION but the couples get most SPAMMING! 

Well I've posted there, if it stays active then great otherwise whenever I do make threads we can discuss there ;)

@bold: True...I've noticed that too...only the Jeevika-Maanvi threads go on for like 8-9 pages of discussion while the couple threads have mainly spam😆...there is a lot of scope to discuss things in the relationship of the sisters I guess...a lot of ppl identify with the various aspects to siblings too.

Hmmm I'm not going to post there...not a fan of "make a list" ATs😆...doesn't seem a very discussion friendly place to begin with...why don't YOU make an AT?? You're so lazy😛