Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
Incandescent:

Spot on as always, and please tell your mom you have many people waiting for your posts on India-Forums who need you so you have a life with us here as well! Just a virtual one I guess!

Regarding Buaji-I have a few additional points. One of them being the fact that she is clearly not very educated (none of them are, actually)  and from Luknow, so she is very provincial as well. Here in Delhi, she has settled into what could be seen as a small town setting, even in the midst of a vast city-the small community of Lakshimi-nagar, where she is both known and respected(see Happy-ji's behavior with her, for example) .

She has a completely traditional viewpoint on the woman's role in the family, to the point where she, a widow and clearly someone capable of taking care of herself, (she's lived here in Delhi alone, without her brother/husband for a while) has started to basically depend on a man, any man for her "support." She calls Khushi "Sanka-Devi" not as a compliment, but because Khushi's go-getter atitude and desire to be in control of her destiny is completely "mad" to her way of thinking.

These factors-her lack of education, her origins being very provincial and her current living area must factor into her deep rooted traditional views on marriage.  She was sincerely shocked at the notion of asking Khushi for her opinion when Garima said she'd abide by Khushi's feelings on Shyam.

The notion that a girl would choose her destiny was so incredible, Buaji dismissed it not out of spite, but as sheer nonsense. In the case of Payal, who she clearly loves more as she is after all, directly Blood", Buaji was similarly focused on the marriage going through even with the issue of Dahej being there.  Her main problem  even when it came to Payal's happiness was not whether this kind of greedy family would keep her happy, but whether people would talk, and create gossip if the marriage fell through.

At this point, Shyam has hit her on all her weak fronts. At a time when the only other "male" in the lives of these FOUR women is paralyzed, he, her only other "male" support has threatened to leave the house. At the same time, he has created gossip about Khushi, not Payal, and Khushi is, in Buaji's eyes, in any case a wild card, someone who is unpredictable and therefore a danger to herself and her family. I truly think she believes Khushi needs the "taming" down of marriage, and the fact it ties in with her own needs right now has driven her into acts which look pretty horrific to us, but totally sensible from the viewpoint of an old-fashioned, traditional, scared woman.
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

@ ainimonaya - yes Buaji WILL be devastated but at what cost?

@asmi 202 - thank you

incandescent thumbnail

Originally posted by: asha...

Hey Fari...great post

i agree with all your points...but i still feel its a bit selfish of Buaji just thinking about herself, i understand that she thinks of shyam as her son...but she should at least do a background check..after all she is giving her niece away, i mean where are his parents... shouldn't they be at the engagement, just that alone raises some questioning on her part

Yes I totally agree she is being selfish. She has become so blind that she's not even thinking rationally.

shybabe thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
🤣🤣 this an awesome post...
Madhumakki...🤣
incandescent thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeadOverHeels

First of all, thank you for indulging me like this. You're too sweet. ❤️

Your character profile is yet again spot on. The woman is afraid of losing it all, and it makes her unbearable, and inconsiderate to everyone's feelings but her own. 

Great job!! I enjoy your posts so much... But, do try and get some sleep as well.  We need you fresh and alert for when the big stuff happens on screen. 😉

You're welcome.

Fear makes people do the strangest things I guess.

Thanks so much for liking it and don't worry hon...I do get enough sleep. 😃

kitty25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
also i think when shayam's truth comes out buaji will be his no1 enemy..
incandescent thumbnail

@ nehu, shobra and Shybabe- thanks

@! Kitty - thanks so much! Yes kitty I agree, Bua will be hating Shyam the most

incandescent thumbnail

Originally posted by: napstermonster

Incandescent:

Spot on as always, and please tell your mom you have many people waiting for your posts on India-Forums who need you so you have a life with us here as well! Just a virtual one I guess!

Regarding Buaji-I have a few additional points. One of them being the fact that she is clearly not very educated (none of them are, actually)  and from Luknow, so she is very provincial as well. Here in Delhi, she has settled into what could be seen as a small town setting, even in the midst of a vast city-the small community of Lakshimi-nagar, where she is both known and respected(see Happy-ji's behavior with her, for example) .

She has a completely traditional viewpoint on the woman's role in the family, to the point where she, a widow and clearly someone capable of taking care of herself, (she's lived here in Delhi alone, without her brother/husband for a while) has started to basically depend on a man, any man for her "support." She calls Khushi "Sanka-Devi" not as a compliment, but because Khushi's go-getter atitude and desire to be in control of her destiny is completely "mad" to her way of thinking.

These factors-her lack of education, her origins being very provincial and her current living area must factor into her deep rooted traditional views on marriage.  She was sincerely shocked at the notion of asking Khushi for her opinion when Garima said she'd abide by Khushi's feelings on Shyam.

The notion that a girl would choose her destiny was so incredible, Buaji dismissed it not out of spite, but as sheer nonsense. In the case of Payal, who she clearly loves more as she is after all, directly Blood", Buaji was similarly focused on the marriage going through even with the issue of Dahej being there.  Her main problem  even when it came to Payal's happiness was not whether this kind of greedy family would keep her happy, but whether people would talk, and create gossip if the marriage fell through.

At this point, Shyam has hit her on all her weak fronts. At a time when the only other "male" in the lives of these FOUR women is paralyzed, he, her only other "male" support has threatened to leave the house. At the same time, he has created gossip about Khushi, not Payal, and Khushi is, in Buaji's eyes, in any case a wild card, someone who is unpredictable and therefore a danger to herself and her family. I truly think she believes Khushi needs the "taming" down of marriage, and the fact it ties in with her own needs right now has driven her into acts which look pretty horrific to us, but totally sensible from the viewpoint of an old-fashioned, traditional, scared woman.

Well napstermonster, you have explained it much better than I did. 👏

I am not Indian but I have been to Delhi but never been to Lucknow. As a far as I know, it's the capital of UP and a metropolitan city. But even there, the Gupta's lived in a similar setting as they now live  in Delhi due to their economic background. 

But you have made valid points and I agree with them. 

BTW, mom doesn't mind me having a virtual life. It's just that today was Eid. 😆 😉

Edited by incandescent - 12 years ago
mommy2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Fari, my dear.  I applaud you for dedicating an entire thread to the b(ee)ua!!!
In order to mask the fact that something is lacking in her life (a purpose - a husband - children), she imposes her will and her ideas on everyone who will take it.  She has no one in her immediate sphere where her opinion would count and so she uses her brother's family as an outlet.  With seniority on her side, she is able to do it too!!  And mind you, her heart is in the right place, but she is too high strung and dense to think through her actions.

mommy2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Eid mubarak, my friend!!