FF: Solid Soul Part XXI / PG 66

akhilash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Chapter 1
Present Day
Room # 502, Medanta Hospital,

Gurgaon, Haryana

Khushi surfaced to consciousness and felt extremely parched.  The bedside table with a pitcher of water looked like manna from heaven. She heaved and tried to swing her feet down and reach the glass, but alas her feet seemed leaden and uncoordinated. Her left wrist was taped with an IV needle and the IV stand stood sinuously next to her bed like a sentry watching its prisoner.  Amidst the stark white-washed walls and ceiling of the room, her husband was lying prone on the spare bed. 

The next thought was - how long had she been unconscious?  How did she survive this ordeal? When she had plunged the knife in her stomach trying to escape the lecherous attentions of Shyamji, it seemed the best solution for all. "Na rehegi baas, na bajegi baasuri". She thought by eliminating herself, she would put an end to the misery of all concerned, starting with her family, her husband and in-laws', Lavanya Kashyap and also Shyam Jha. But her Devi Maiyya seemed to have other plans.

The past two years had been one continuous on-going nightmare, starting with babuji's stroke followed by her almost marriage fiasco with Shyam, then the actual marriage fiasco with ASR.  She had been banished to the family farmhouse in Sadharana by ASR immediately after their marriage and upon completion of mandatory rituals. Reconciling with fate, Khushi had started her new isolated life in Sadhrana.  With ample time at her disposal, she had learnt Haryanvi and was able converse fluently. 

Three weeks ago 2 days prior to her 2nd marriage anniversary, she had thought that finally fate was being kind to her. One thing led to the other and they had consummated their marriage.  The hardest thing had been to see him in the eye the next morning. The waking hours were spent in stoic and uncomfortable silences, but under the cloak of darkness, ASR lowered every guard and was uninhibited. Khushi had thrown out every caution out of the window and had welcomed ASR's uninhibited behavior. Her happiness of four short weeks was short lived and was shot to pieces when Shyam Jha had turned up at the doorstep.         

So engrossed was she in her thoughts, she did not hear her husband wake up and stand beside her bed.

24 hours ago, ASR, Arnav Singh Raizada and his board of directors has been discussing a very lucrative take-over. Suddenly the door had been opened and he was interrupted by his executive assistant, Parminder Kaur aka Pam. If looks could have killed, Pam would have been charred to cinders for interrupting on account of a personal call. What seemed to be a great day for business turned into a nightmare on the personal front. The caller, his otherwise cool and composed Jijaji sounded petrified and panic stricken over the phone and had informed him that Khushi had tried to commit suicide and was being rushed to Medanta in Gurgaon.  He had summoned Aman to get him into Medanta within an hour.  And the ever efficient Aman, had made sure that within the quarter of the hour, ASR was boarding the helicopter that had landed on AR group's helipad on the 22nd floor. He was still seething as he watched his wife who was vacantly looking at the ceiling. What was it about her that kept him coming back to her again and again. Soon after marriage, he had banished her to live at the farmhouse in Sadhrana.  He never visited her or let her visit Shantivan or her parents place in Laxminagar. She was allowed to visit Shantivan only on the pretext of festivals, birthdays and other religious ceremonies and that too when he accompanied her. 

ASR: "Yeh sab karne ki kya zaroorat thi tumhe. Main do din ke liye bahar kya gaya, tumne apne karnamon ka pitara phir se khol diya. Tum apne had se itni bad jaogi, maine socha na tha Khushi. Do saal ke baad bhi tum jijaji ko tung kar rahi ho''."

The cruel and harsh words dripping from ASR's mouth dashed all hopes of hearing some kind words. Khushi could not believe that her husband in whose arms she had come apart a few weeks ago, would believe that she was still hankering after Shyamji.  It seemed the last straw.

CHAPTER LISTING

CHAPTER 15: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/49523526

CHAPTER 16: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1943876?pn=40

CHAPTER 17: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1943876&TPN=46
CHAPTER 18: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1943876&TPN=50
CHAPTER 19: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1943876&TPN=55
CHAPTER 20 : https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1943876&TPN=61
CHAPTER 21: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1943876&TPN=66

THREAD 2
CHAPTER 22: https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2888473&PID=54443810&#54443810

Edited by akhilash - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JanuaryEmbers thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wow... I need to read more! Continue soon!
AquaBluez17 thumbnail
i liked it alot hun! plz pm me when you update!
shaz01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
it was painfully beautiful!! plz write more  and pm me when u update
Lily2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
nice post. continue plz nd pm me plz wen will u update next part of it.😳
moon_mine thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i need to read more!!!!
hw can arnav be so cruel aftr this also!!!!!
pls cntinue soon!!!!
n add me to ur pm list!!!!
littlemoi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

this is awesome!! continue soon!!

but how can arnav say tht to her after she almost tried to kill hersefl!?
why does he have to be such a pig head?!
update soon.. cant wait to know whts next!!
plzz add me to your pm list!!

.Saraa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
good one..touchy...sad..add me to pm list
akhilash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

The arrival of the nurse truncated ASR's monologue. The nurse quickly started taking Khushi's vitals and checked the bandaged area. The IV bag was changed and as the nurse was injecting painkillers, the night resident walked-in.

Said the nurse: "Good evening Dr. ASR".

"Another ASR, I can't deal with two ASR's in one evening", thought Khushi

In the meanwhile, the namesake replied: "Good evening Sister, it has been a good evening, unusually quiet.

Both the medics continued with their patient care routine. As the resident went to check Khushi's abdomen, the surgical site, ASR could not bring himself to be in the room and stepped out of the room.

The resident's probing continued that necessitated Khushi to glance at him and she read the name tag that read, Dr. A. Shekhar Ranganathan.  While checking Khushi's pulse, the medic gave her a pleasant smile and said, "There you are, pulse is good and let's see the BP''..well'. it is normal.  BTW Mrs. Raizada, let's see what the lab reports say'..mmm '''.Congratulations,  you are pregnant '' that was quite a close call for your baby. "

Khushi: " A baby,  I am pregnant"?

"Yes, almost four weeks. Isn't it a pleasant surprise?

"I wish it was", thought Khushi  and replied, "Please don't tell my husband. I would like to break the news to him. She added, "And I don't want him worried", deliberately misleading the young man.

"But'. I am sorry, I have already voiced my suspicions and told him that there is a good chance you might lose it", he said apologetically. You were in a pretty bad shape when they brought you in. It is a miracle that the baby survives.  "

Khushi: "How long will I be here Doctor"?

Dr. ASR: "At least for four days for the surgical wound to start healing and then it is going to be upto Dr. Mehta who is your attending physician. Good luck and take care."

Both the resident and nurse left the room and ASR did not return. The enormity of the doctor's disclosure began to slowing sink in. Khushi bit her lower lip and suddenly burst into tears. It all came out then, the forced marriage, his and her family's hatred and his own hatred of her. " I don't want him to know that I am still pregnant. I can't stay here and let the baby be born in such hostility." Her intense emotions were curtailed abruptly as the heavy painkillers lulled Khushi into a dreamless slumber. 

She surfaced back again when the room was flooded with bright sunlight and ASR was standing at the foot of the bed.  In his signature husky voice he asked,  "tum theek to ho?"

"ji  dr. sahib bol kar gaye hain ki ek haften mein hum chalnr phirne lagenge," replied Khushi shutting her eyes and turning her head away from him. She didn't dare ask him about his feelings about the baby. 

(Pardon the English dialogues, could not put it eloquently in Hindi)

ASR stuck his hands deep into his pockets and looked at her, a horrible sadness in his eyes, a sadness she did not see. "I am so sorry ''about the baby",  he said stiffly.  "The resident told me''" he shifted restlessly. " The possibility of a child had simply not occurred to me, "  he said slowly.

As if he had been at home to notice, she thought miserably.  "Well, you needn't worry about it anymore," she said huskily.  "God forbid that you should be any more trapped than you already are. You would have hated being tied to me by a baby. "

His spine stiffened. He seemed to see her then as she was and hated the guilt he felt. That annoyed him further and agitatedly he said, "Di had to be tranquilized. I need to go and see her. Your stupid act has clogged my schedule and God knows how long I will have to babysit you here."

Khushi shut her eyes and turned her bruised face to the cool pillow and said, " I am so tired. Nothing matters anymore. I am so tired. Please leave me in peace. I just want to sleep."

ASR stared down at her without speaking. He was sorry about the baby and felt responsible. He grimaced at her paleness and at the bruising on her face. Well, she had brought this on herself.  He moved to the spare bed, booted his laptop. Well, he thought, for the time being she needed to heal and he would provide for her care.  She needed to recover. Maybe send her somewhere, where she would not be tempted to go after Jijaji. The safe boot screen on the laptop popped up and the cursor blinked, for password input. But the password was never put in as ASR could neither work nor could he sleep, wondering what to do. He wanted to be with his sister and his family. He needed to just get away.  He informed the hospital staff that he needed to go away for a few days, but to keep him informed of his wife's progress.   

Fifteen days later when he went to see her armed with a plan, but she had already solved his problem. She was gone''..

Edited by akhilash - 12 years ago
ammuse thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
good one
plz add me to ur PM list