Group ouster for Kumkum crew

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Group ouster for Kumkum crew
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   February 2, 2006

Sumeet (Hussain), Kumkum (Juhi Parmar) and Jatin (Anuj Saxena) in Kumkum
Two days ago, the entire crew of BAG Films daily, Kumkum โ€” Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan (Star Plus), was shunted out. Though a change of directors may be routine in the TV world, it is rare to find the director and his entire team as well as the writer all being shown the door together.

Who went?

Director Arvind Babbal, Second Director Noel Smith and writer Mahesh Pandey are out of the afternoon drama produced by Anuradha Prasad. When the cast reported for shooting on Monday morning, they were surprised to see no action on the sets and more action behind the camera.

Old director back

Confirming the development, creative head for Kumkum, Sancheeta Bose, says, "Yes, we have changed the writer and the director.

The new director is Ashish Patil, while the screenplay will now be written by Farhan Salaruddin and Barry Dhillon. In fact, Ashish was Kumkum's director in the initial stages of the show."

As for the reason for the ouster, Bose says, "As it is a daily, it is routine to change the thought processes and rejuvenate the show."

When asked, Pandey said, "Yes, I am no longer part of Kumkum. I had been writing for over a year now. I don't want to say anything more now."

Pandey has been synonymous with several Balaji shows, like Kahaanii Ghar Ghar Kii, Kasautii Zindagii Kay and Kahiin To Hoga. He also played Shekhar in Kasuatii Zindagii Kay.

Other show

Babbal said he was no longer directing Kumkum as BAG Films had asked him to direct their new weekly show, Akhiyon Ke Jharokhe Se, slated to air on Star Plus soon. "It's not that I have been asked to go. It's just that I will now direct their other show," he explains. Babbal had been directing Kumkum for almost a year. He earlier directed Kesar, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Kahiin To Hoga.

Real reason

The real reason why the writer and director were replaced seems to be their obsession for details that was proving to be too time-consuming in a daily shoot. But with both Babbal and Pandey preferring not to divulge details, the truth behind their exit remains a mystery.

[email protected]

Kumkum track

Hussain, who was on leave for his honeymoon, is slated to resume shooting from today, according to producers, BAG Films. The track has Kumkum (Juhi Parmar) in a dilemma as she is caught between her former husband Jatin (Anuj Saxena) who has reappeared in her life, and present hubby Sumeet (Hussain).

Meanwhile, Krissh (Pannkit Thacker) will be shown romantically involved with Kamiya (Dimple Inamdar

http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/february/129874.htm
Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shabzz123 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
[Quote]The new director is Ashish Patil, while the screenplay will now be written by Farhan Salaruddin and Barry Dhillon. In fact, Ashish was Kumkum's director in the initial stages of the show."[/quote]

OMG!!!!! this is such a good news that AP is coming back yuppyyyyyyyyyyyyyy i am soooooooooooooooo happy now .Now kumkum will become like before we will get to seee sooooo many roamntic scenes of kumkum and sumit wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww i am just soooooooooooooooo happy . And our hero is back from his vaction kool so now wwe will get to see a lot more of hussian wow wat an article ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

oopps in this happiness i forgot to thank monika.goel ๐Ÿ˜Š thank u soooooooooooo mcuh for giving such a good new ๐Ÿ˜Š

Kiran. thumbnail

Thats gr88 news๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks Monica for posting the article๐Ÿ˜Š

damsel111 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
omg omg omg omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
this is a dream cum true
cant believe our very own AP jee is backkkkkkkkkkkkkk
omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

i ave no wordz.. no wordz at al..
hehe kia kahun.. our AP jee is backkk
tyme to party guyzzzzzzzzz ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ek tu AP jee is back.. n our hussain is also back ๐Ÿ˜†
meanz sumit will b back to india by the next week...

seemz anu aunty knowz wht v want ๐Ÿ˜†

hehe.. uh..
um.. i really dun know how to show how happy i am ๐Ÿ˜ณ

thanx a ton for the awsum article..
was unable to sleep at nyte aur subha ko zara jee uff.. hehe
neway thanx alot...

zaraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Iriss thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

omg omg omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!all thrown out at same time ๐Ÿ˜ญ
wht's happening? ๐Ÿ˜•
just hope that the track improves n su n kk r shown together ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›

thanx monika for the article๐Ÿ‘

Edited by bellle4u - 18 years ago
*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
thanks monika for the article

gr8 to know tht ap is back and now we can expect sukk together atleast.
princess belle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks monica 4 the great news, hope the story line will improve now. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Shilpa07 thumbnail
omgggggggggggggggggggggg๐Ÿ˜ฒ      ๐Ÿ˜ฒ      ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
thnks 4 sharing...thnk god AP is back....chalo atleast sumthings is gud here ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
norzar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi

this is great news friends.

hopefully ab sab theek hoga

norzar
Sundas thumbnail
Wooooooow yaaaaaaaaaaar ab aaye ga maza..........thanx anu aunty listen our wish,.,
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ๐Ÿ˜›
AB ham honge sukk aur Romance.......wowwwww
I M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY...
hey Monica thanxxxxxx for the artical posting here
SUNDAS