Ek hazaron... REVIEW-- Article

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai

This bonding lacks depth

Monday to Friday, 8.30 pm, Star Plus

Cast: Krystal D'Souza, Nia Sharma, Seema Kapoor, Karan Thaker

By Kshama Rao

Two sisters brought up by a strict beeji. While one is the quiet, shy type, the other is naughty and witty. Jeevika and Manavi can't do without each other β€” that explains the long title borrowed from the heartachingly beautiful Dev Anand-Zeenat Aman song β€” yet their lives threaten to take them apart. While Jeevika is engaged to be married, Manavi keeps having these fainting spells that look ominous to us.

There is something dated about Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna, maybe it's got to do with the dukhbhari story about these two girls, maybe it's the supporting cast that does nothing to pep up the show or maybe the show simply lacks something vital that's a downer.

In any case, here's the story: Jeevika and Maanvi lost their parents during childhood and are brought up in a middle class family by a stern beeji in Rishikesh. There is the local Dr Manan who shares love vibes with Jeevika, but isn't courageous enough to profess his feelings for her. Meanwhile, she gets engaged to a lawyer, Viren Narain who belongs to a rich family. There's Viren's younger brother Viraat, too, who doesn't leave any opportunity to pull Maanvi's leg. At the time of writing, he is the only one who's fathomed something's brewing between Manan and his Jeevika bhabhi.

Produced by Cinevistaas, the show is strictly average fare. Krystal D'Souza and Nia Sharma as Jeevika and Maanvi share a sweet chemistry. The promos of the show and the title had got us excited but the bonding between the two sisters doesn't go beyond hugging each other and wiping each other's tears. We wish the scenes were written better….with a title like that we expected some more endearing, engaging stuff between the sisters.

Verdict: Spend time with your sister instead!

@screenindia.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MariaX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't agree with at all with the article.. The share one of the world's best sister bondings ! They really do, and i think the CVs have shown their relationship very well..
ashred12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
they r reviewing based on few epis...asli story toh abhi aane wali hai...first epis r used mostly to give a basic idea abt d chars n these ppl r criticizing based on dat !!!
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
That's a bit silly. The real story (which we got a hint of in the promos) is yet to begin so obviously the sister relationship is going to go further than  justhugs and wiping tears. There is something called 'laying a foundation'. 

Screenindia always does this -___-
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago
anjubala thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Who is writing such articles... They first need to see the episodes (specially after the roka ceremony) to understand the characters and the bonding between the siblings. This serial is only 4 weeks old and they need to give it some time and not write such articles as they are not true. This show has made lot of people hooked on and I am sure lot of siblings can relate to it specially the sisters bonding.
Millerrr88 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
wow disliked their review...πŸ˜• this show is gud i guess they only watched a few episodes 
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for posting Tanu...
relentless. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
how rude is that 😳 its such a sweet show. These articles are always hideous
_innocent_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
The show isnt that bad!!.. geez!!  i agree that we havent seen any real bonding except hugging and crying !! but thats cuz its only setting up the future tracks!!.. it needs to be given time!! the sisters have a great chemistry! and every emotional scenes of them have made me cried; as a result their bonding for me has proven to be in another level!!
-And there is a lot of mysteries waiting to be unravelled hence sit back and enjoy!! instead of writing such nonsense reviews:!S

Hope the show continues to do good so that these ppl can shut their mouth πŸ˜ƒ

ps.. oups forget to say thank you tanuu:)😳
Edited by _innocent_ - 12 years ago
wadi..doll thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i dnt believe it articles its such a wonderful show !!!!!
watever i dnt care as long as i lyk the show !!!!!
it show the sisters love sooo well yaar!