Are we really celebrating daughters this way

adiana12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

We are celebrating daughters and womanhood with the birth of a girl child as the 7 billionth baby born in India.

And we do that with a serial spouting that to be a daughter you give up being a woman and if you want your dream of being a woman you cannot do your duty as a daughter. If it were a son would we have seen the same thinking.

As a woman and a daughter I object to this kind of thinking and what I do not believe in I cannot support. I apologize to all the Preeto fans but this is my view.

And Imagine TV completely lacks imagination (What a paradox).

They had a wonderful opportunity to change the way people think in one of the earlier epis when the mami comes with the jeweler and the mother tells Preeto that it is every mother's dream to send her daughter with all finery. The CVs could have got Ishmeet to decline saying that she prefer's to wear only the mangalsutra from her husband.

Think what this can do to the regressive thinking in our country.

Also this is to all the self respecting men out there, How would you feel to know that the woman coming in your life would only take what you willingly and lovingly give her?

I am completely certain that this show will go on with such regressive thinking with regards the marriage of the sisters, then the children they will have and what the parents want to do blah….blah….blah….. God such thinking makes me sooo angry.