Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
@Su - folks can't relate and don't want to because the girl is hurt.  And they think in our support of ASR, or rather understanding of the character and his issues/his brain, we cannot relate to the girl, which is a falsehood.

Those who actually understand both of these characters, why she did not protest his kiss or why he tried to kiss her, are the ones who truly enjoyed and are enjoying this serial.  The pain is on both sides, the longing is on both side - the nafrat and mohabbat both sides.  This isn't an afterschool special.  This is a totally mature, complex, saga.  An Othello, meets Hamlet, meets Romeo and Juliet...

In all of those classics mentioned, the heroes would be classifed as kameena, assh*les and creeps in our dear forum, because they all hurt the women they loved.

p.s. - His name is Arnav Nando Ghosh Singh Raizada...that's the big raaz about his past πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Edited by momma1128 - 12 years ago
Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Lets have characters who are human, with some emotions and faults, we can relate to them, yes what Arnav did maybe is not right but then he is human at times we do act with our head and not our heart...
Thank god the font size can't go above 7. My head was spinning reading some of the colourful,huge posts!!!! People just can't expect a person to change in few days. All these ppl were waiting for a proposal today I guess. He treated khushi the same way he has treated her all these months but today arnav-bashing andolan is at its peak and the drama hasn't even started..
Bhagwan bachao!!!
Frigate thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Those of us that found ASR's behaviour today reprehensible are not doing it because we are not mature or adults or whatever else you may think. Most of us are just upset that so many women find ASR's behaviour acceptable! That's shocking! Women usually are their own enemies; heard of cat fights? Even in the corporate world there will be women who will be less inclined to understand another woman's pov and try to outsmart one another!

I am not saying that what ASR did was out of character for the sketch the CVs have provided us, but what he did was not something any woman can accept. Khushi has been humiliated, insulted and demeaned too many times by him and she was ready to forgive all of those past actions... I can't imagine how the poor girl can ever trust him again!
-Punjaban thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I totally agree with you sunaina! nice postπŸ‘πŸΌ
momma1128 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ipkknd_2011

Those of us that found ASR's behaviour today reprehensible are not doing it because we are not mature or adults or whatever else you may think. Most of us are just upset that so many women find ASR's behaviour acceptable! That's shocking! Women usually are their own enemies; heard of cat fights? Even in the corporate world there will be women who will be less inclined to understand another woman's pov and try to outsmart one another!

I am not saying that what ASR did was out of character for the sketch the CVs have provided us, but what he did was not something any woman can accept. Khushi has been humiliated, insulted and demeaned too many times by him and she was ready to forgive all of those past actions... I can't imagine how the poor girl can ever trust him again!

Not in a single post did anyone say that what he did was right.  Not a single one.  What they say is that the behavior is understandable because of his character, which you do too.  But you obviously feel that we have to choose a side, and actually, I am on ArHi's side.  Together.  The pain is shared.  He hurt himself by also hurting Khushi.  You will see it.  He will ache for her but right now, anger is ruling his mind and his decisions.  Having never been in love before, ASR doesn't understand no matter how much he hurts her or distances himself from her, he cannot unlove KKG.  And because I understand this side, I feel bad for both of them.  Does it excuse him, no, but it explains why I won't be calling him a creep.

I do not think Khushi is any of those things you mention right now, her tears are for her heart breaking and the unsaid answer to her question, which she already knows the answer to.
mommy2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: momma1128

Not in a single post did anyone say that what he did was right.  Not a single one.  What they say is that the behavior is understandable because of his character, which you do too.  But you obviously feel that we have to choose a side, and actually, I am on ArHi's side.  Together.  The pain is shared.  He hurt himself by also hurting Khushi.  You will see it.  He will ache for her but right now, anger is ruling his mind and his decisions.  Having never been in love before, ASR doesn't understand no matter how much he hurts her or distances himself from her, he cannot unlove KKG.  And because I understand this side, I feel bad for both of them.  Does it excuse him, no, but it explains why I won't be calling him a creep.

I do not think Khushi is any of those things you mention right now, her tears are for her heart breaking and the unsaid answer to her question, which she already knows the answer to.

Bingo, Anu!
Simply_Smart thumbnail
^ I agree with Momma!

I'm not saying what Arnav did is right. But he is not the only one to blame. Khushi is just as much at fault here. She is not his victim in this situation. So why take sides?

They are both at the discretion of their feelings and how they are CHOOSING to handle them.
Edited by Simply_Smart - 12 years ago
Frigate thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@momma1128
I am not taking sides either! We all love a good love story! I am a total chick-flick kinda gal, but I cannot stand by and condone a man's crass actions! When it dawned on him that he had blundered, a simple "sorry" would have assuaged our hurt pride (Khushi's, I mean :-)
momma1128 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ipkknd_2011

@momma1128
I am not taking sides either! We all love a good love story! I am a total chick-flick kinda gal, but I cannot stand by and condone a man's crass actions! When it dawned on him that he had blundered, a simple "sorry" would have assuaged our hurt pride (Khushi's, I mean :-)

Sorry and ASR do not cross paths often - that is in his character; and she was also into it - had that phone not rang, there would have been an admission outright between them

And Khushi does not want the sorry - she wants the answer he will not allow himself to face