Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Tired of the Patriarchal Nonsense

HeadOverHeels thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Suddenly this whole show seems to be centering around the main male lead. ASR is a relationship, ASR cheating, ASR unable to decide, so he should decide, because ya know women are brainless and need a MAN to make ALL the decisions. 😕 Why in the world is everything being left up to him? Will the women all faint and fade away if he doesn't sit, stand, talk, walk, push, shove, explain, lust, love, pehnao payal, say what the what the and make a bad decision to marry? Or will they all continue to aimlessly wander around his house from one pooja to the next till God in heaven yells down at them in frustration?

Nonsense! Where is La's backbone? Where is Angali's brain? Why is KKG's brain not working? Is Nani a genius or suffering from bi-polar disorder? Why is Mami not stirring up more crap? Or has she killed Mamaji and buried him in the garden? Does Payal like her constant shy/thoughtful/worried look? 

Phew... Needed to get that out, thanks. ðŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

noorie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Good questions asked. Questions to which I don't, though I wish, have the answers to myself 😆.
I just realised after reeading your post how mamaji has been majorly MIA. Totally forgot about him...like there's even anything to remember since we never notice his presence anyway.
Looks like mami has finally said hello hi bye bye to her husband! 😆

Back to your topic, it seems like the women in this show have their own share of disorders. La's back problem, nani's mood swings, mami's nautanki, anjali's blind faith on any living creature.
A man's gotta be a man? 
It's quite sad to see women like Anjali being portrayed in shows, especially since women nowadays are so strong and independent no matter what their disabilities are. I hope to see her character grow stronger and not fade away weakly into the background. Payal too.

dragonet thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Great post!!! About where the thinking power of all the women in the serial is:-- It's with the CVs and the director and the viewers...this is how CVs are charaterizing Khushi, Anjali and Arnav, Nani & Buaji...this is what the viewers like to see...romance ke naam pe anything...we all enjoy watching all the lovey dovey moments but sometimes it's tooo much of nonsense...not even once has the stupid Buaji asked Shyam about his family (she did once loong time back)...there are sooo many things that need to be questioned but that's not going to happen coz this is IPKKND!!! We need to shut down our thinking brains and watch this...
--BSI-FaNaTic-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
well said headoverheels everything shouldn't be blame on ASR it's not his fault he is  just trying to realize his love for khushi yet he doesn't understand whether it's love or attraction it's happening for the 1st time he needs time to realize guyz... we don't have to put the blame on him according to his character he is portrayed that way where he doesn't believe in love but meeting khushi he tries to realize the feeling.. so guyz take a chill pill and watch the show... no hard feelings for any1 love u all...
vasiraju thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Exactly u wrote wht i was feeling now...
this entire raizada family is filled wid over emotions which will make us Mad!!Arnav has the disorder of angry,anjali oversweetness,nani oversmart,mami half intelligent,shyam creepy n crazyn last but not the least lavanya dumd n mad abt arnav.i think lakshmi is the only one who is smart enters when ever she required in scene🤣
-Ammie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Agreed...i don't get why all the chicks in the Ipk are so non reacting..i mean wat the hell why does it all come down to ASR??
starting of with la why can't she tell that her so called boyfriend is not interested in her and its time she confronts him or steps out of his life..
Nani is so illogical i tell u..i have given up on her...
Anjali can't tell her husband is behind another woman..this is just ridiculous..can't she put 2 and 2 together??
As for Khushi i m frustrated in her for not realising wat is dead obvious to us..seriously, the guy likes u, u can see it in his eyes...but with her it's justified cause she is trying to overlook the fact due to La's presence in ASR's life...but after today's epi i seriously expect Khushi to take a stand and decide wat she needs to do..!!
HeadOverHeels thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rbarretto

well said headoverheels everything shouldn't be blame on ASR it's not his fault he is  just trying to realize his love for khushi yet he doesn't understand whether it's love or attraction it's happening for the 1st time he needs time to realize guyz... we don't have to put the blame on him according to his character he is portrayed that way where he doesn't believe in love but meeting khushi he tries to realize the feeling.. so guyz take a chill pill and watch the show... no hard feelings for any1 love u all...

Exactly!! A confused male character is a big fat NO. But, a confused female character is, just a poor little thing? He needs to do this right and that right, why? Because he's a man? Who the hell appointed men the authority on anything, specially in relationships? 😆 He's as new to this whole "love" feeling as the next person. In fact MUCH more new to it than KKG, who has spent her whole life loving everyone no matter what their flaws are. ASR only loves his sister. He wouldn't know love if it stumbled across a catwalk and fell into his arms... ðŸ˜‰
i've always advocated that what the world needs is more girl power!!! so lets do a boob bump and teach these men what we are made of!!! great post!!
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
They can only write for the men - and that too not too much, Barun hardly gets lines, its all in his looks.  It bothers me ridiculously that all the women are be written for as if they are caricatures. 

If they can create an ASR, then they can turn the equation around and make ASR a woman raging against the world.  But, it's SP and their audience is more comfortable seeing Gopi Vahu and her neverending attempt to make perfectly round rotis. 🤢 
shena07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i have to say all the women in ipkknd have to be taken out in open and shot in the head😆maybe then they will start functioning😆sounds silly right?wht  else can we do yaar?