Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Bodyguard vs. RaOne @ B.O. - Page 2

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: MissIffiy

than just ignore this thread I dont see how the truth can spoil the film for you

P.S. Come ever since Salman has been racking up Blockbusters all everyone wanted to know was who will beat his records & Srk or Aamir the same thing will happen when aamir film release competition & comparison is part of life  

I never said that the so called "truth" is going to spoil the film for me. It most def won't. I'll go and see it on Saturday and then come back with my views. I'm not going to let some statistics ruin a film for me. :| And this is a public forum and I will post where I want to. It doesn't always have to be a positive post though. I just posted what I felt, that's all. No hard feelings at all.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Click to play video

New Delhi: Shah Rukh Khan's magnum opus 'Ra.One' collected 18.5 crore rupees on day one. Even though 'Ra.One' opened in about 3,000 screens across India, making it the widest release for a Bollywood film, it did not match opening figures of Salman Khan's 'Bodyguard' at the box office.

'Ra.One' was released on Diwali Day amidst much fanfare and trade analysts had earlier expected a figure of about Rs 15 crore for Ra.One's opening day collections. Remember, 'Bodyguard' beat all records when it collected a whopping Rs 20.6 crore on its opening day. Meanwhile, Aamir Khan's last big release, '3 Idiots' raked in Rs 13 crore on day one.

Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted: "India figures: #RaOne *Hindi + Tamil + Telugu* Rs 18.25 cr nett. Thursday expected to be Rs 22 cr to Rs 25 cr nett."

The marketing budget of Ra.One is between Rs 40- 50 crore, with nearly 30 tie-ups with various brands.

The promotions started in January with a tweet of the poster, followed by a 10-second trailer during the World Cup semi-final match between India and Australia. The promotions have gone on for 10 months, the longest ever for a Bollywood film.

From a fast food chain, deodorant brand, cell phone brand, gaming console, auto brand to its very own YouTube channel, team Ra.One has roped in everything for the promotions.

sometimes i think salman fans are more excited about raone then others...

being the hugest shahrukh fan, i still haven't watched raone...not cause i dont want to but cause i have studies and don't have time...i may not even get to watch in the cinemas...so if you are saying the box office figure shows the amount of fans, sorry but uve got things messed up...

so just because shahrukh raone has received lower box office on first day doesn't mean it is a Failure (but then it is questionable where these statistics come from)...bodyguard was released in eid, islam is the second biggest and fastest growing religion in the world..lots of people were free that day and had time to go and watch it...

there are many other factors that needs to be taken into consideration..lets wait atleast a week or month and finanise the success of the movie...
Edited by choco786 - 12 years ago
MissIffiy thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: choco786

sometimes i think salman fans are more excited about raone then others...

being the hugest shahrukh fan, i still haven't watched raone...not cause i dont want to but cause i have studies and don't have time...i may not even get to watch in the cinemas...so if you are saying the box office figure shows the amount of fans, sorry but uve got things messed up...

so just because shahrukh raone has received lower box office on first day doesn't mean it is a Failure (but then it is questionable where these statistics come from)...bodyguard was released in eid, islam is the second biggest religion in the world..lots of people were free that day and had time to go and watch it...

there are many other factors that needs to be taken into consideration..lets wait atleast a week or month and finanise the success of the movie...

no one is making those claims just showing the results ๐Ÿ˜› & ur seriously giving religion as one of the factors Eid it not a day for people to go watch movies a lot of families spend their day with their relatives going out to eat & other stuff not necessarily in a movie theater & there is huge prayer service that is held on Eid day also no one is blaming the prayer for the lack of ppl in the the theater for bodyguard  
This content was originally posted by: MissIffiy

no one is making those claims just showing the results ๐Ÿ˜› & ur seriously giving religion as one of the factors Eid it not a day for people to go watch movies a lot of families spend their day with their relatives going out to eat & other stuff not necessarily in a movie theater & there is huge prayer service that is held on Eid day also no one is blaming the prayer for the lack of ppl in the the theater for bodyguard  

i know what happens in eid!!! ๐Ÿ˜†heard of 786???
the prayer is 6am in the morning, who would go to the cinemas then?
eid isn't just one day, you have aleast a week off...no, its not the ONLY factor, but it is one of the factors like i said..
Edited by choco786 - 12 years ago
MissIffiy thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: choco786

i know what happens in eid!!! ๐Ÿ˜†heard of 786???
eid isn't just one day, you have aleast a week off...no, its not the ONLY factor, but it is one of the factors like i said..

whats that supposed to mean 
& we are looking at first day collection now...so what if Eid is longer  week one collection of Bodyguard was not 20+cr it was day one 

P.S. one week damn I am lucky if i even get a day off here ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Edited by MissIffiy - 12 years ago
NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7
wow so we have a separate thread to do all the drama...NICE!!
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Please refer to the RaOne Reviews thread to post BO reports
Topic Closed