MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Lets get it over with... this comparison is bound to happen
Looks Like Bodyguard wins round one with 1st Day Collection 
Round two is the final total collection: 

MUMBAI: In a really unique experience Salman Khan's Bodyguard is currently trending in India on Twitter, at the time when Shah Rukh Khan's Ra.One has just released. The power of fans that Salman Khan holds on social media is unparalleled. One Twitter user with handle @Hishh said, "So despite of al d marketin revolutions, Bhai shows who is d real daddy. #RaOne couldnt reach upto #BodyGuard first day collection is d news".

This primarily happened because of the comparison for the opening day collection of both the movies. The Times of India reported opening day Ra.One collection of Rs. 22 crores in India only so that it may create a powerful headline. But this is completely untrue, and it has already led to a complete chaos and frenzy within the industry circles as the net collection of Shah Rukh Khan's Ra.One were Rs. 14.7 Crores. (See Box Office Report)

This caused all the Salman Khan fans to start ReTweeting the correct figures, and state that actually Ra.One has not beaten Bodyguard's opening day collection figure in India, well resulting into making #Bodyguard trend in India on Twitter.

Salman Khan today has a lot of fan power combined on entire social media, and even without his single Tweet his tremendous fan following caused his previous movie 'Bodyguard' trending on a day when even his film is not releasing.

No First Day Record For Ra.One

Thursday 27th October 2011 09.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Ra.One will not set a new first day record as the final day collections coming in are well off record pace especially in North and Central India. Some circuits are 50% short of Bodyguard while others are similar.

Bodyguard collected 20.60 crore nett on day one and Ra.One will stay well below that even if the dubbed Tamil and Telegu versions collections are added to the collections of the Hindi version.

Delhi, Punjab, UP and MP were hit hard by Diwali puja as the film went as low as 25% for some shows in these regions and even after Diwali puja collections were no way near the morning levels.

Ra.One Runs Riot On Second Day

Thursday 27th October 2011 20.00 IST

Ra.One has run riot on its second day across the country. Yesterday it started like a runaway train but hit a block in the form of Diwali puja but today it started in the same way but no block.

The film is recording full houses at multiplexes and single screens across the country. If North India was slow after 1pm yesterday, today it is shattering all records. On Wednesday, only three circuit records were made for the first day but today it is likely that it will record the highest all time collections single day collections in almost every circuit of India.

Yesterday it was almost certain around 7pm that it will not beat the first day record and today around 7pm it is certain that it will be recording the biggest day in history just a question of how far ahead it goes of the 20.60 crore nett record.

Edited by MissIffiy - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Twitter bhi ek kamaal ki cheez hai. Anyone and everyone starts on there, and people like me get the chance to just sit back and watch all the drama unfold. ðŸ˜†
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
agree..
soemtimes its funny..
liek someone said.. after watching.. Ra One i wanted to be
G.O.N.E

Sadia.khan thumbnail

Ra.One First Day Collections | Updated | No Record

Posted by admin on October 27th, 2011

Ra.One's First Day Final Box Office Collections Came A Little Short of Bodyguard. This is Absolutely Normal as the Diwali Pooja was a Big Hindrance for the Film. But, Still Ra.One Managed to Put such huge number is tremendous.

The Record Has Come Much Lesser than the Expectations of 20 crores Due the Excessive drops and in North India and the fact that drops held on till late night.

The Final Figure For Ra.one Day One is 15.45 crores. This is the Second Highest Day One Figure Trailing Bodyguard's 21.25 cr First Day. But the Trend Indicates that Ra.One Will Show a Jump of 30% Plus on Thursday. This is an excellent News.

The Territories of North were Dissapointing for Ra.One Where Collections Fell Short by 50%. And Nizam Was Very Strong and Came Much Above Bodyguard. Ra.One Has Also Broken Record in TN, Kerala and West Bengal as well. Here is Territorial Breakdown.

Mumbai ' 5.69 crore
Delhi/UP ' 2.22 crore
East Punjab ' 95 lakhs
West Bengal ' 92 lakhs
Bihar ' 25 lakhs
CP Berar ' 70 lakhs
CI ' 37 lakhs
Rajasthan ' 70 lakhs
Nizam ' 99 lakhs
Mysore ' 77 lakhs
TN/Kerala ' 1.55 crore(Hindi & Regional Versions)
Others ' 35 lakhs

Total ' 15.45 crores
TOTAL ' 13.91 crore

Not broken..😆

Edited by Saddiakhan - 12 years ago
MissIffiy thumbnail
Top All Time Opening Days RA.ONE 2nd

Thursday 27th October 2011 14.00 IST

Ra.One has had the second biggest opening day of all time. The top ten opening days of all time are as follows. 

1. Bodyguard - 20.62 crore

2. Ra.One 14.63 crore (approx)

3. Dabangg - 14.45 crore

4. Ready - 13.33 crore

5. Threes Idiots - 13.00 crore

6. Tees Maar Khan - 12.82 crore

7. Raajneeti - 10.33 crore

8. Housefull - 9.32 crore

9. Ghajini - 9.13 crore

10. Golmaal 3 - 8.72 crore 

No First Day Record For Ra.One

Thursday 27th October 2011 09.00 IST

Ra.One will not set a new first day record as the final day collections coming in are well off record pace especially in North and Central India. Some circuits are 50% short of Bodyguard while others are similar.

Bodyguard collected 20.60 crore nett on day one and Ra.One will stay well below that even if the dubbed Tamil and Telegu versions collections are added to the collections of the Hindi version.

Delhi, Punjab, UP and MP were hit hard by Diwali puja as the film went as low as 25% for some shows in these regions and even after Diwali puja collections were no way near the morning levels.

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
You know just cause Salman seems to be more hyped up than Shahrukh these days, no one can push Shahrukh aside. Salman has his fans to keep him going just as Shahrukh has his fans. I mean why are we out to compare two totally different movies and how much they made? I watched Bodyguard and honestly thought it was crap. It was just over-hyped because of the Salman Khan factor! I haven't seen Ra One yet, so I can't say much on it. But whether Bodyguard had a better response or Ra One, what matters is that these actors/directors/producers/entire cast have worked so hard for their respected films a even the slightest appreciation is good! I say that for the movie Bodyguard as well. It simply doesn't matter if Salman has more of those "hard core" fans. Seriously just sit back and let the Shahrukh fans enjoy their Diwali treat without making sick comparisons with the openings of other movies!! :|
MissIffiy thumbnail
Just like Srk fans sat back & let salman fans enjoy Dabangg & Bodyguard sure why not 
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^ I can't speak for all fans because you're going to have a set of fans who consider their favorites at the same level as God. I'm only speaking on behalf of myself. I can't control what other fans say or do. 
MissIffiy thumbnail
than just ignore this thread I dont see how the truth can spoil the film for you

P.S. ever since Salman has been racking up Blockbusters all everyone wanted to know was who will beat his records Srk or Aamir & the same thing will happen when aamir film release competition & comparison is part of life  
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
well for me i never ergue with srk fans or any other..
coz i dotn have time neither i want to
i woudl rather enjoy the movie

and cant wait to watch Ra One