Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

preetijaiswal19 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
If you cannot do all the steps above, block IF and other video-watching websites on your browser... then you will not be able to access them at all, even when you think "i'll just browse for a little while" and end up spending hours... do the blocking yourself or tell your husband to... set a password or something to remove the block so you are not tempted to unblock the websites.

Trust me... I've been thru this with the Kaisa Yeh Pyaar hai show where I was addicted... I would either watch the show or post on IF.. I was not married then but my mom would be angry all the time since I wasting precious time.

Now, after a long time, I have found a similarly interesting show in Iss Pyaar and I am married now and settled abroad now too... I was getting addicted again, specially last week with all the romance and drama... but I pulled myself back and thought about my kids and family and how they are more important.

As someone said before, the epis will be online even 5 years from today - you can watch them any time later in your life... even when you grow old and still want to drool over Arnav lol!! (Imagine where he'll be when we are all old)!!

So, step back, think if your family deserves to be neglected for a fictional show and block the websites if extreme measures are necessary!!

Hope this helps!

Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: sasalife

even that is one of my my fav fav fav fav scene.. khushi pulling the Car in the name of devi maya and arnc is standing infornt of her.. helpless by murmuring in mind that " you are impossible KKG"" hahahaah.. i used to recollect and laugh loudly during my eve walk and I noticed the people pass by in the car or walk, staring at me.. am I Mad or waht?????????? πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

No yr not..😊...there is not a single member of my family (adults n children) I hvn't shown that scene 2, plus i hav ALL epi's of this serial recorded on my Sky boxπŸ˜†πŸ˜†.

Don't wry, like i mentioned earlier it will wear off, jst try n refrain from neglecting yr priorities, there will b many times in the day u r alone, u can then sit back, relax n enjoy the serial & forum w/out feeling guilty!!!

When I 1st joined IF,I didn't turn my lappy off for over 6mnths str8πŸ˜†πŸ˜†, as i didn't want to go thru the hassle of turning it on/off.πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
Shahu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
I got married in July this year! So imagine my dilemma!!!!
Im addicted to IPKKND and especially Barun!

But I thank god, I've got such a lovely husband who only needs his food and sleep and he's happy! πŸ˜ƒI tell him everything that happens in the show when he gets back from work..and now hes familiar with all the characters and hes sooo supportive!!! Hes completely chilled out with my rather unhealthy obsession with Barun, that he laughs it off!
I always ask him whether it upsets him to see me SO attracted to another man, and he says it'd be silly of him to even bother reacting to nonsense!! (I doubt my husband "gets" my obessession with Barun! hehehe πŸ˜›)

IPKKND is the reason for me joining IF. For joining YT. I doubt I've ever been this obsessed with another show before!
But I do take time out for my friends..and especially for my in laws.
I keep my favorite scenes in my lap top downloaded from YT and watch em at my convenience to my hearts content!

❀️Barun Sobti! β€οΈ
Nrp77 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I think you need a job and should try some hobbies.  Spend some quality time w/ the hubby or make plans to go out w/ friends for dinner or dancing.  IPKKND isn't that life altering that someone should lose themselves in it completely.  The stars of the show go home at night to their spouses and significant others and they have lives as well.  Everyone always need to maintain a good balance.  Keep reminding yourself that it's just a show and it will end within a couple of years, but your life will go on for at least the next 50 yrs (give or take a few years).  If you neglect your husband and family now, then you can't complain later in life when they don't have time for you.  Relationships take work and trust me, there is nothing more important then your family and friends.  I enjoy watching IPKKND and I like coming on this forum and reading opinions that others have of the show, but I draw the line at becoming obsessive like some of these people I've seen.  When Friday comes, I'm not waiting for Monday b/c I have a life outside this 1/2 hour television program.  I'm busy enjoying my Friday nights and weekends.  I'm sure some people may lack things in their lives and this show might be taking place of that, but you need not make that your mistake as well.  You need to ask yourself what you're lacking in your life.  Maybe you need a good job or a great circle of friends to pull you out of this rut!!!  We live in a country full of opportunities and there are so many resources out there.  You just need to utilize them.  Not sure what part of the country you live in, but I live in Chicago and there are endless things to do and places to go.  You never run out options.  Well, I think I've said a mouthful here, but I do hope my babble helped you even a little bit. 😊    Edited by Nrp77 - 12 years ago
sasalife thumbnail
i really take your words.. thanks alot.. might be i  am missing my parents,in-laws, Friends in India, I am a person who enjoys a lot.. a kind of seperation from my parents,brother ... My hus loves me alot.. and i love this life with him..
'
as you said, the circle might not be complet.. lack of something..

yea 😭
shena07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
dont worry...me too...just like u...πŸ˜†living in abroad and facing the same prob...always watching arhi and atleast my hus says if u r happy i am happy...lucky to have him...but i cant forget arhi...sometimes i wish a bad track happens so i can stop watching it and free frm this addictionπŸ˜†
Addie07 thumbnail
hi
as every one said u need to remind urself that this is fiction. this is just a show. the craze will last till the story will and then it will just become a memory but u have got the rest of ur life ahead with ur husband. every relationship has its own magic which needs to be nurtured (be it a few moments spent together, be it a shared laughter, if u dnt pay attention to it u will lose the magic of ur relationship. and then u mite find it difficult to rekindle it..
my advice to u is talk it out. may be to ur best frn if not family. secondly keep urself occupied so that u dnt have time to watch the scenes only the show. thirdly donot discuss about the show to others. the more u analyze it, the more it will revolve around ur mind and the more tempted u will b to watch the scenes. 
ur realization that its wrong is ur first step. u will need a lot of will power. pray to god cz it gives u hope and more importantly peace.
do every thing u think ur avoiding because of the show.
god be with u
best of luck
FlamingsOfLove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
thats what happening to me lost in my world~!

but im not married lol πŸ˜
smithasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
if u are serious i think u should schedule u jobs . i do that i ma also working. i have a 3.5 year old child. and i have etc etc  but i schedule every job. my baby sits with me sometimes and laugh  when i laugh at khushi's antics, 

chill , u can do it😊