-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi..So this is the first post I am making in this forum...Though could not find courage before!! Was in awe of the historical knowledge that you guys have and me just read and enjoyed!!!😳

But today I was watching the rerun of our Chandubaba (I refer him soπŸ˜‰) I just could not resist!πŸ˜ƒ
To be frank, I did not like the After-leap Chandu...The Chhotu Chandu - his innocent yet dream-filled yet determined eyes, and an eagerness in his walk, an adult mind trapped in the kids body...something good reflected in that profile of his - reigned so supreme in my mind that I just could not fit the sulky and unsmiling Bada Chandu ...But I guess it goes with the character as you hardly expect a child who had just seen his mother cut off her own throat to be happy go lucky, that he was...He must have suffered so many disillusionment growing up...his aim - sometimes looking so impossible and unattainable, which to be fair, it was, had it not been Chanakya, and he, not been Chandragupta!!

But I am digressing from the topic I started (hehe Typical me)

So, What started me on this was the subtle change in Chandragupta which I saw and felt..and it is a ofcourse a^grace the super acting that Ashish has given the character...(No I am not from the 'bhaiyyaji's fan girl brigadeπŸ˜†)...But I think kudos to the creatives for bringing in the change like this...
Somehow I felt ...that it was because of Mrignayni's long lectures( Frankly I got irritated that she gave that lecture the first time! but apparently Chandu went lattuπŸ˜†)
Jokes apart! What I wanted to point out that after his mother...a woman's touch, a perspective was sorely lacking in his life...The guy was thrown amongst wolves ...served the alien king..probably had to kill many Indian soldiers while trying to fight for Alexander...He had become a bit animalistic...and Chanakya could not have smoothed out that wrinkle with his Kootniti...It did require a Mrignayni!!
A woman who was sensitive, impractical, stupidly idealistic, completely hapless and hopelessly good, a bit idiotic, not worldly, seeing the world with her rose tinted eyes, yet could see the bad and good in a person and would rate them only on those lines... A typical victim of the times, where women were considered nothing more than cattle, exchanged and traded off as business deals!

And what astonishes me is the amount of sacrifice these women gave, yet received almost no recognition in the history!! Atleast Chanakya gave The name Maurya to Chandu which made his mother go down in the history!
But we saw Mrignayni also gave her part of 'sacrifice'...
The dream of 'Undivided India' was dreamt and lived by these women too!!
and without them probably neither Chanankya nor Chandu would have managed to fulfill this dream of theirs!

Lopsided history...isn't it??
haha! I want to write more but I suddenly felt that I sound like a feminist..which I am notπŸ˜†...So just posting this much..If I am not killed for blabbering, will see you guys in my next nonsense post!
Till then eagerly waiting for your views...Criticism welcome!!!πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by -Srushti- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Charu21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 6
first of all a warm welcome to da forum!!! πŸ€— areyyy wat was stopping u from making a post re!!! nways.. better late than never.. i m glad u finally made one and must say a good one too!!! πŸ‘

I m one of da biggest pankhas of chhota chandu i.e, Rushi raj.. πŸ˜ i too had many problems initially wid da leap and da way bada chandu's character was shaping up... No, not for his stoned face (we understand wat the character must have gone through after witnessing mura's death himself, so that was pretty obvious) but him doubting and questioning his Acharya's plans, etc. were one of da biggest issues wid me.. so da dialogue n script writers dept lacked a bit.. I had problems wid his voice modulation too but now i have almost no complains at all... Bada Chandu Ashish is doing his job perfectly.. B it expressions, body language, dialogues, or watever.. (i had made a long post on him regarding these +ve things, so m not gonna point out those things here again n make it 1 never ending essay so m stopping!! πŸ˜†) 

Coming to da main content of ur post.. πŸ˜ƒ

Well... i dont think da change was coz of Mrignayni's lecture.. But coz of CGM questioning Acharya after Alex's death if he too would b hungry for name n fame only.. and Acharya making him see/feel CGM's own journey though his eyes only made d biggest change in CGM's character.. Rather than change i would say da character developed so well... Da perfect guru Shishya connection was perfect during n after those scenes.. (wat we were seeing during chhota chandu days) 
Mrignayni is one imaginary character so i wont comment if she made some influence over real "The Chandragupta Maurya" or not.. but yeahhh Sagar Arts' CGM was definitely moved by Mrignayni's gyan ki batein (plz dont take it as taunt, couldnt find other word) and it got further push by other situations... Having said that i wont deny the fact that there must b so many men n women (like Mrig) who must have played their part for our Akhand Bharat but who never get their due credit in our history.. n their name just got vanished.. 
As u said a woman's touch n support can make any difficult n tough situations look comparatively easy to get.. They are da biggest support system.. 

Mrigu's sacrifice reminded me of Chitrarupa too... poor thing didnt even get a chance to choose her death her way...  There must b thousands of Mrignayanis n Chitrarupas in our history.. A big thank you to all of them... 
Edited by Charu21 - 12 years ago
Charu21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 6
Great post!! loved reading it.. dont worry that wasn't blabbering at all!!! πŸ˜† Heyy but i would like to tell you that da forum is almost deserted post leap..  some left coz of history destruction (Certain things could hv shown pre leap only), some couldnt handle Rushi's absence, and some coz of examz n all... πŸ˜† and Ashish fans havent yet joined da forum (only some are here) so just dont mind if u dont get huge response!!! πŸ˜† 

Aaah... looks like u have been following da show from Rushi's time only naa!!! Ufff... u must have joined da forum long back yaar, it was so much fun then!!! πŸ˜ Miss those days <3

Sooo happy to see a new post here... would love to read more from you.. would b great if u are active here.. Join us after regular episodes, we will have fun discussing the episodes... 

Feel free to post your topics... πŸ€— Hope to see yaa around...
P.S. me too love Mansi!!! 
Edited by Charu21 - 12 years ago
radhikarani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
thnx 4 awesme post sru and charu
swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
excellent post Srushti! πŸ‘ i wasn't a active member during rushi's time as i wasn;t aware of the serial πŸ˜­ later while searching of CGM n Chankaya got to know abt this serial. just updated till date in a week and following since then. (sounding stupid πŸ˜†) but its a fact.

we too loved Young chandu a lot. the eyes itself says everything. he speaks with his eyes. really loved it. elder CGM is also equally doing good and the bond they are showing was amazing. πŸ˜Š

if i were here from the start how good it used to be πŸ˜ better late than never.

and Charu! what ever u said was also correct. when i saw old threads then i understood it used to be fun in forum. 

many of u are making new threads to keep this forum active. really appreciate u all for that. 

Srushti keep posting. 

Swetha 
-Srushti- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Charu21

first of all a warm welcome to da forum!!! πŸ€— areyyy wat was stopping u from making a post re!!! nways.. better late than never.. i m glad u finally made one and must say a good one too!!! πŸ‘

Oh..Charuuu
πŸ€—πŸ€—Thanks yaara...am so glad to be here...such warm welcome..Me alll mushy mushy😳

I m one of da biggest pankhas of chhota chandu i.e, Rushi raj.. πŸ˜ i too had many problems initially wid da leap and da way bada chandu's character was shaping up... No, not for his stoned face (we understand wat the character must have gone through after witnessing mura's death himself, so that was pretty obvious) but him doubting and questioning his Acharya's plans, etc. were one of da biggest issues wid me.. so da dialogue n script writers dept lacked a bit.. I had problems wid his voice modulation too but now i have almost no complains at all... Bada Chandu Ashish is doing his job perfectly.. B it expressions, body language, dialogues, or watever.. (i had made a long post on him regarding these +ve things, so m not gonna point out those things here again n make it 1 never ending essay so m stopping!! πŸ˜†) Haha Same pinch!!!I am also the blabberer !! We gonna blabber all over the forum nowπŸ˜†,,,I really would like to come here regularly...and this is one decent forum...with great members on historic knowledge I can see!  You are right...His voice modulations has indeed changed and for better...As I said..he has now caught up with the character wonderful..and you can see the transition of expressions on his face..Especially with his concern for Chanakya...I might be chaplofied for saying this...But I love the Guru-shishya Chemistry...

Coming to da main content of ur post.. πŸ˜ƒ Ok me readyπŸ˜†

Well... i dont think da change was coz of Mrignayni's lecture.. But coz of CGM questioning Acharya after Alex's death if he too would b hungry for name n fame only.. and Acharya making him see/feel CGM's own journey though his eyes only made d biggest change in CGM's character.. Rather than change i would say da character developed so well... Da perfect guru Shishya connection was perfect during n after those scenes.. (wat we were seeing during chhota chandu days)  You are right the Guru shishya connection was back after that which even I felt lacking in the initial post leap stage...But I guess it is understandable that a teenage rebellion like Chandu would question and after serving the Greeks for a considerable span of time, he questions the probability and feasibility of the aim and objective..the dream that his Guru saw...but when Chanakya took him back to the past...He re-realized the distance he had travelled...and then the dream seemed not so far fetched...because he found both...the purpose and birthplace of his dream!!!
Mrignayni is one imaginary character so i wont comment if she made some influence over real "The Chandragupta Maurya" or not.. but yeahhh Sagar Arts' CGM was definitely moved by Mrignayni's gyan ki batein (plz dont take it as taunt, couldnt find other word) and it got further push by other situations... Having said that i wont deny the fact that there must b so many men n women (like Mrig) who must have played their part for our Akhand Bharat but who never get their due credit in our history.. n their name just got vanished..  I know Mrignayni is imaginary...But I guess the Creatives took creative liberty...Just like the historians say 'Radha' was also an imaginary character...but it gave such strength to Krishna's character who would have been otherwise be characterized as a womanizer with only Gopis surrounding himπŸ˜†,,,,Her influence might not have wholly change the CGM mindset..but it did sent a ripple across and created waves..which actually brought the brainstorm that he had with Chanakya...
As u said a woman's touch n support can make any difficult n tough situations look comparatively easy to get.. They are da biggest support system.. 

Mrigu's sacrifice reminded me of Chitrarupa too... poor thing didnt even get a chance to choose her death her way...  There must b thousands of Mrignayanis n Chitrarupas in our history.. A big thank you to all of them... Oh yes...how did I forget to take her name...Thanks re...for reminding me of her...She was probably the biggest pawn used by both sides and the most silent martyr...and the biggest example of women being treated as cattles when she was given to the enemy king as a 'Gift'...But she had still so not lost her spirit..and also not to forget Chanakya's brilliant pep up which made her dream a dream which  was so afar from her grip!! and made her believe she can be one of the pillars of the great castle of 'Akhand Bharat!'...and yes...true..A big Thank you to all those silent and unnamed Martyrs!!!

-Srushti- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Charu21

Great post!! loved reading it.. dont worry that wasn't blabbering at all!!! πŸ˜† Heyy but i would like to tell you that da forum is almost deserted post leap..  some left coz of history destruction (Certain things could hv shown pre leap only), some couldnt handle Rushi's absence, and some coz of examz n all... πŸ˜† and Ashish fans havent yet joined da forum (only some are here) so just dont mind if u dont get huge response!!! πŸ˜†  hahaha I dont mind not so huge response...and I understand the history destructions..have seen in so many mythological forums...and so I understand teh disgust on the factual destruction...but I guess in this one ...I have liked the pace and the characterization they have maintained!!! A new perspective indeed...

Aaah... looks like u have been following da show from Rushi's time only naa!!! Ufff... u must have joined da forum long back yaar, it was so much fun then!!! πŸ˜ Miss those days <3 Oh I know..I joined the forum in LTL forum...oh it was such as story and they destroyed ruthlessly ..I had been on Gulaal forum...and it was a CLASS story which ended with a happy ending and we are reliving the same journey...again...so we are also deserted forum...dont worry...

Sooo happy to see a new post here... would love to read more from you.. would b great if u are active here.. Join us after regular episodes, we will have fun discussing the episodes...  I will ...Thanks yaaraπŸ€—

Feel free to post your topics... πŸ€— Hope to see yaa around...
P.S. me too love Mansi!!!  hahahah ...then see you on the Star ya Rockstar forum too 😳

-Srushti- thumbnail

Originally posted by: radhikarani

thnx 4 awesme post sru and charu

Owww...Radhika...Thnks yaara😳
-Srushti- thumbnail

Originally posted by: vss08

excellent post Srushti! πŸ‘ i wasn't a active member during rushi's time as i wasn;t aware of the serial πŸ˜­ later while searching of CGM n Chankaya got to know abt this serial. just updated till date in a week and following since then. (sounding stupid πŸ˜†) but its a fact.

nah...sounds interesting..and...and It is infact a wonder job you did in a week πŸ‘
we too loved Young chandu a lot. the eyes itself says everything. he speaks with his eyes. really loved it. elder CGM is also equally doing good and the bond they are showing was amazing. πŸ˜Š yes..the chotu chandu's eyes spoke a lot..and the elder Chandu is stepping in those shoes sooo welll!!!!

if i were here from the start how good it used to be πŸ˜ better late than never.

and Charu! what ever u said was also correct. when i saw old threads then i understood it used to be fun in forum. 
no probs..we wll find fun again..as you said..better late than never😳
many of u are making new threads to keep this forum active. really appreciate u all for that. 

Srushti keep posting. 
I will yaara..surely...Thanks😳
Swetha 

The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Great post Srushti😊...

I am not a femenist, I watch CGM because Yashashri Masurkar is one of my favourite actors😊...The truth of the matter is many women and men gave huge sacrifices to make the countless empires gone by...And during times of war...

Mrignayni was brilliant in this current track...Even though she was ficticous character, she represented the plight of women during those times...But she also showed us, how they managed to gain some sort of control on their destiny...Giving their life a purpose or direction...In life and in death...By sacrificing themselves for their families or for the greater good...Everyone we meet in life teaches us something...Atleast that's what I believe😳...So CGM may have taken something from all those people, who sacrified so much for his Acharaya...And their dream...

We should all spare a moment to remember all those unsung heros of history ...And I guess in this way the show is honouring them too😊...

@Radhika - Thanks for the message...And we have been watching this track😊...
Edited by The_May_Rose - 12 years ago