The significance of the dabba.

myname thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi! Can anyone tell me why khushi gave her dabba to put the money in? Am not from india. is it something concerning the culture?
Thank you! :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anonymously thumbnail
that is the CVS trying to make Khushi look pitiable and maybe pull a string in arnav's heart...bizzare!
I am from India and nobody gives a dabba for salary. Workers ask for their salary, its given in thier hands, which they may count, may not count and if they want to keep it in a dabba that they are carrying for safekeeping, they may.
But NOBODY gives a dabba for salary to their employer.
And does Khushi expect them to put bills worth 30 thousand in a round dabba???? Another scene where they decide to conveniently deprive Khushi of brains!
Henna 786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i was also thinking the same, i usually get all my money paid directly to the bank and i get a little wage thingy telling me of my rate of pay/deduction and anything else lol. This little method was rather bizarre! 
myname thumbnail
Oh okay. Ah i hate it how the CVs portrait uneducated people people as dumb.-.- 
the first thought that came to my mind was 'she was returning the dabba that arnav gave her 
' Ha! ;-) I kept on puzzling over that. 
Thank you for your reply.
My hindi is weak so i depend largely on what i see. ;-)
pkaps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I really hated that scene... the CVs could have avoided such cheap masala
rightchoice thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Its not bizarre that Khushi forwarded her dabba. 

In fact in olden day, factory workers used to bring their salary in their dabbas, because that is the thing they take back home everyday. Usually wives takes money out from the dabba and keeps it for monthly expenses. You can see it in old Hindi movies or some south Indian movies too. In cities it is custom to credit the money directly to bank but in small towns, salaries were disbursed in hand in olden days. No one does it these days as most of the villages and small towns are connected to banks.
myname thumbnail
Right. Khushi is supposed to hail from a strictly traditional family. perhaps that might be the reason why the cvs used that dabba scene, not really intending to make it look what most of us feel like' degrading'. From another POV it could simply signify how things work in her family, like we take after what our parents do afterall!
Anyways, its another part of the show for which i had to switch off my brain.
moon_mine thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
it's actually they hd a sweet shop...where they keep money in boxes only...so may be that's wat they wanted to show!!!!