Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Simran42 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Character sketch

Anurag Ganguly

A simple guy next door, whose life suddenly takes a turn once he meets Taani. Though he has the potential, he is too lazy to study and never goes to college in a proper manner. For him, life means enjoy and fall in love and nothing more than that.

Taani Bannerjee

She is a strong and ambitious girl, who is the backbone of her family. She is a fireball of energy who has a definite idea of life, those which contrast with Anurag's. 

Robindo Ganguly

If there's one person he cares for, then it's just his brother. They are like, inseparable. And he is the usual type of guy – various girlfriends in one day!

Mauli bannerjee

She is Taani's sister and a sweet girl, who loves her sis a lot. She wishes to be like her friends – night clubs, parties etc. But she cares a lot for her sister and respects her feelings a lot and is afraid to tell her wishes to her sister.

Shekhar-Nilanjana

Anurag's parents, who are separated due to oblivious reasons. Anurag respects his dad a lot and believes that his mom cheated on his dad.

In her mid fourties, she is a widow and Taani and Mauli's loving and caring mother. She runs a sweet shop for her living.

Simran42 thumbnail

Chapter 1 - the separation

Kahin to Kahin to

Hogi vo…

Duniya jahaan tu mere saath hain

Jahaaan mein

Jahaan tu

Aur jahaan

Bas tere mere jas baath hain

Hothi jahaan subha teri

Palkon ki kirano mein

Dori jahaan chand ki

Sune teri baahon mein…

Jaane na kahan vo duniya hain

Jaane na vo hain ya nahin

Jahaan meri zindagi mujhse

Itni hafaa nahin…………

A 28 year old and despondent Anurag felt himself being hypnotized by the soft beat of the song, which was flowing like the shallow waves of Hoogli River. His heart skipped a beat as memories started piling up in his mind, just like the clouds which were surrounding the flight, inside which he was sitting right now. He was in the New York – Delhi flight and it seemed like he had been inside it for hours. He looked around and saw his brother, Robindo, looking sympathetically at him.

"Dude…don't give that look! It really bugs me, you know…" Anurag sulked.

"Dada…you have to…" Robi(he liked to be called so) began.

"Please Robi…I'm trying to get those bad memories out…" Anurag said.

Ignore him Anurag, his mind spoke while his eyes caught a couple, so engrossed in their world that they felt like no one existed around them at all. Where are you, Taani? His heart seemed to ask. The cool atmosphere inside the flight, which was silent like a funeral, carried him slowly towards a world of memories, his life, now that when he looked, appeared like a stage play, where at the end, just he would be left at the stage with no one to hold his hands.

(10 years before…at the farewell party of the twelfth grade)

"Dada…go…boost up your courage and just speak your heart out!" Robi said, as he tried to push Anurag towards the other side of the hall.

"No Robi! I am not going and that's it! C'mon yaar…she doesn't even look at me and how can I propose her? That's too embarrassing!" Anurag said, shaking his head.

"Dada…aap ithna toh jaanthe ho na ki usko aap acche lagte hai?"

"Listen Robi! You just don't understand. Yeah – Taani and I are really good friends and she feels comfortable with me too. But that doesn't mean she likes me."

"Dada! Do you like her?"

"That's a very stupid question, bro…"

"Then what are you waiting for? Just go!" Robi pushed him with such force that he landed before his dream girl, who stood with her back towards him.

Anurag looked at Robi and vigorously shook his head and was about to walk back when Taani caught him. "Hey Anurag!" she said as she turned and he stared at her, swallowing in her beauty– the big black sparkling eyes, the long hair that fell stylishly elegantly over her shoulders. And this time, he found her more beautiful in the purple gown.

"Earth calling Anurag!" Taani exclaimed, bringing him back from his dream world.

"Erm…nothing…so…uh...how is the party?" Anurag stuttered.

"It's so damn awesome! And I am so happy that all the people are appreciating the dcor." Taani said, with a proud smile plastered on her face.

"When you have done it, I don't think it would become bad…" Anurag said.

"Anurag, you are embarrassing me…" Taani said, suddenly becoming shy.

Anurag sneaked a peek at his brother who was showing various indecipherable symbols. Anurag shook his head, puzzled.

"Anurag, to whom are you talking?" Taani asked.

"No one…bas aise…" Anurag tried to cover up.

"Anurag…" Taani twisted her eyebrows with suspicion. "Jab se aaye ho, you are acting weird. Tell me what is going on…aur mein dekh rahi hoon…Robi is also hiding something…tell me…" Taani insisted.

"Taani…the thing is that…um…I…before going…err…I…" Anurag stammered.

"Taani!" A voice called from behind. Taani turned and saw that Robi was approaching her.

"I will tell what's going on…" Robi said.

"I don't think there's any need for that." Anurag said, suddenly interfering. "Robi, tumhara..err…gf tumhara intezaar kar rahe honge…and you have got lots to do too…aaj uske saath break up karne honge and you have to find a new one too, right? Issiliye tu jaa…don't waste your time…" Anurag said, covering up.

'Taani, I guess it's pretty clear he's trying to cover the fact that he loves you!" Robi said, paying no attention to his brother. For a moment, Taani seemed to be shocked. But recovering suddenly, she said, "Robi, I need to speak to Anurag…alone…"

Robi left them alone and joined his gf, who was standing, unaware that she was going to get a big heart attack right then.

Meanwhile, Taani started questioning Anurag. "Yeh sab kya hai?"

"Woh Taani…" Anurag searched for the appropriate words, while Taani said softly, careful that she is not hurting him, "See Anurag, I am not really interested in being in a relationship at the moment. If there's something I am aiming at right now, then it's just on my interior decoration course. And…and I don't really think we are mature enough to be in a relationship."

"Taani….I…I..don't know…I thought you liked being with me…" Anurag mumbled.

"I know, Anurag…your love might be true, but listen, do you actually know about me? What I want? What life means to me?

Right then, Anurag seemed tongue-tied. "No right? If you don't know anything about me, then there's no point in being in a relationship..." Taani sighed. "I am sorry to hurt you…but I…this is not what I want right now…you understand, right?"

Anurag slightly nodded. But he found it very hard to keep a straight face.

"Bye Anurag….if your love stays when we are settled, then maybe we'll think about it…" Taani said and walked away.

Anurag felt like the whole earth's weight was upon him. He could see Robi looking at him at times, but he just walked away.  I neither know what you want in life nor what life means to you…But I do know that I love you…a lot! And I am sure my love will stay forever…and I have each and every hope that one day you will love me back too, Taani…In love, these things do not have any worth. I don't care if anyone finds this cheesy or anything, but my definition of love will not change…

And they never saw each other for another five years. Like any soul in love, Anurag believed that Taani would return andengrossed himself in various works. And Taani, being a career-oriented girl, focused in her course, but never forgetting the last moment she spent with her friend. 

Simran42 thumbnail
Guys...I just posted the first chapter of Love Story...
Please do comment...and criticise too so that I can make the other ones better...

Pratamesh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Awesum work yaar the character sketch and d 1st chap are amazing looking forward for the next update continue soon
-Nahi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wooowww!

I love the concept. The 1st chapter was 2 good! Poor Anu. But I understand Taani's feelings.

Great job!

Nahi

xxx
DIYA- thumbnail
Its was vey nyc...
i jus loved it...
Poor Onu... aur Taani hmmm
Robi arre vaah nyc bro...
Chandnii95 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
loved the 1st chapter.. poor onu...
looking forward for the next update 😃 

einnieearchu thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
nice concept.first chapter is superb.continue soon.
-GoldMist- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
loved the first chapter SIM.
Really have no words. Excellent.
Loved how you frame and the concept is very very unique.
The FF will rock..
Update asap.
--Priiya-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
very nice ya !👏
luv u dear !!
u rockzzz😉