TOI: A fine balance-- Anup soni

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

A FINE BALANCE 

CALMNESS AROUND THE AREA WHERE ANUP SONI AND JUHI BABBAR STAY BALANCES THEIR HECTIC LIFESTYLE,SAYS ANURADHA RAMAMIRTHAM 

Actor Anup Soni,best known for his roles in the TV serials Sea Hawks and Saaya and currently seen in Balika Vadhu and Crime Patrol,and his actress wife Juhi Babbar who has films like Kash Aap Hamare Hote,Yaara Naal Baharan and TV series Ghar Ki Baat Hai to her credit stay on the seventh floor of their sea facing flat at Juhu Link Road.
Soni has been staying in Juhu for more than 13 years now.He has another property in Yari road and he has been swapping between the two places.Soni feels that his house is strategically positioned and has proximity to other neighbouring areas thus making it convenient for him and his wife.
Elaborating on why he loves the area where they reside,Soni says,"My house is a little aloof from the main road.There is no traffic and sound pollution near our house and the entire area is calm and peaceful.After a day's long work in the hustle bustle of the city,coming back home to unwind with my family in this peaceful place,balances everything."
Speaking about the transformation the place has seen,Soni avers,"The current scenario of the place is much different as to what it was a decade ago.Many old buildings in this area have gone for redevelopment and we have newer buildings standing in place of those.The number of people living here has increased and so has there been an increase in the vehicles.The infrastructure has improved with connectivity to all parts of Mumbai city making travel easy."
Owing to these factors,the cost of property is almost seven and half times of what Soni had invested 13 years back.
The area is easily accessible thanks to the auto-rickshaws,cabs,efficient bus services by the BEST buses and the local trains.The airport is a 20- minute drive from Soni's house,but only when there isn't any traffic.However,during peak hours,because of the traffic jam,it can take a good 45 minutes to reach the airport.
With respect to Sonis profession,the residence is very comfortable as most production houses are located in this area."Mostly shootings happen everywhere from Thane,Vasai,Mira Road,LBS Marg and once you take the Express way,you reach the destination easily,"says Soni.
Social infrastructure wise,Juhu Link road has good hospitals like Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital and Medical Research Institute."Multiplexes like PVR Juhu,Fame Adlabs and Cinemax provide the entertainment factor and there are plenty of options for shopping like Star Bazaar,Lokhandwala market and the various malls in this area.Juhu Link road is a complete paradise for people who love food,as one will find any and all varieties of food joints here,"says Soni.
Although there is no problem in this area in terms of basic necessities like water,electricity and cleanliness,the only cause of worry for the couple is the quality of roads.The municipality in Juhu Link road is not up to the mark when it comes to the state of roads."When I travel by car,I have to literally keep two cushions on my back as it hurts,because of the several huge potholes on the road,"points out Soni.

[Previous] Times Property [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Essence.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I never knew Juhi is wife😲
smittu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i din know that juhi was his wife-- just googled and got to know --second husband and second wife...