Users

Frequent Posters

poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi there!

Lovely post as usual!😊

Yes, it was an episode of contrasts!

Contrast between two men in love...one who would risk his life for love and the other who would put others life in risk for love!

That itself, spells the difference in the depth and intensity of love that both Arnav and Shyam have for the common object of their desire, Khushi!

Arnav is trying his level best to subdue his feelings for Khushi, while at the same time, protecting and taking care of her, without ANY expectations from her. A hard-hearted, cold man, who became tender and affectionate, in the presence of the woman he loves. A love borne out of selflessness and purity of feelings...a love that is meant to trimuph.

Shyam going to the depths of hell and doing whatever he can, to remove every obstacle from his way to have Khushi, even giving up his humanity and resorting to the most debasing act of all, that of taking another life. A love (if it is one in the first place) borne out of selfishness and possession...a love which is meant to be doomed.

Arnav wasn't fighting in the beginning...he was clearly outnumbered and he is obviously not the sort of guy who gets into street-fights...but the moment he saw Khushi being hit...every fibre of his body reacted and he became something else! It was undoubtedly a cliched scene...but as usual, Barun's acting led it to another level...the quiet rage, the ill-suppressed fury, the buried anguish...everything poured out in torrents!

Contrast this to the scene where he is filled with remorse when he sees Khushi ill...the confusion in his mind, the struggle in his heart, the anguish he faces...all so beautifully expressed by both the actor and the character!

A wonderful episode...and one that was from Arnav's POV, rather than from Khushi's (As it is most of the times!)
Edited by poppy2009 - 12 years ago
rechus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: asha...

Hey

Awesome post👏

i agree with you, it would have been nice to see more realization from khushi's side, but maybe that we'll happen once shayms truth comes out... shaym seems to be going to any extent to get what he wants😡...its disgusting, i also fast forwarded the scenes, it was a bit too much, most of the episode seemed to revolve around shaym🤢 cant wait for the day where Arnav will beat him to pulp!!!

The arshi scenes were really beautiful today, him caring about her so much.. it was really sweet

true..
Radhe1085 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MsUniverse

Sush, I really don't want Arnav to accuse. before whatever he did it was according to his character but if he accuses her now it will be a big black spot on his character because he has seen Kushi's reality how she behaves, how she acts, how caring she is. Let him misunderstand her due to Kushi's silence but he should not accuse her directly it won't go well with his character after the realization and I am sure he will realize his love for her before his Jija does anything.

And about the second issue, I am with you me too don't like protecting the wrong but Kushi has seen Anjali's love for her husband right and they all know how vulnerable Anjali is and how much Arnav is linked to his sister. What will happen when Arnav knows the truth, he will definitely kill Shyam and land himself into trouble.
Didn't you see how Kushi stopped Arnav today while beating that Gunda. Why did you think she stopped him, for Arnav's benefit. She did not want him to land in trouble, her protective instincts kicked in.

I really don't know how CV's handle this situation blaming Kushi but according to me it will make no sense if everyone start blaming Kushi and stand by Shyam just because he is there SIL and he is right.

Radhe1085 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Opti

Good point. I thought the same Radhe.  Khushi was shocked to see Arnav's mad rage at the guy who had according to her only pushed her.  If he comes to know that Shyam actually lusted for her and was betraying his sister, imagine the magnitude of his fury. She already knows Arnav will do anything for his sister.  She has just begun to realise that he will equally  do anything for her. He can well kill Shyam and land in prison. she wouldn't want that. So she may not defend herself and may let Arnav assume whatever he wants to assume. Since Arnav knows that Khushi cannot lie, her silence can be taken to be her acceptance of all the blame Shyam is going to level on her. Yes, in doing so she is exposing herself to Arnav's anger but I think she knows somewhere deep down that he cannot kill her in the real sense. He can and will kill her with words but at least that will not land him in prison. She would be willing to chose the alternative which is less damaging for him although it would be more damaging for her.  Her faith in her Devi Maiyya, her own love for him and an intuition about the depth of his strong feelings for her may prompt her to take that risk for everyone's sake.

Hey Opti, oh good I thought I am going crazy thinking like this😆. I just wrote almost similar to Sush's reply.
I don't know if CT's will make Kushi realize her love for Arnav by the time Shyam is revealed but the Kushi we know always puts others happiness before her. And she started caring for Arnav a lot, she went to the extent of saying that he is her husband to stop him just becuase he cannot take care of himself.

Millerrr88 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
yea I'm kinda disappointed she doesn't get to c this side of arnav..he truly cares for her but his ego/anger r stopping him 😕
3serialfan40 thumbnail

On the other side there was "desire" to get the very same person ...that made Shyam become uglier than ever...pushed him to the extent that he came close to mudering her own father...An obsession.. that is as far from selfless as can be...

As much as we hate the character that Abbas plays, I must give it to him, he was so good I did not want to watch it! I truly was scared of him and in fact was frightened for Khushi as well. Hate the character Shyam, but I must say "hats off" to Abbas. there is not a character you can hate more!

Arnav himself is a bit bipolar... he seems to have anger issues... love the way he cared for Khushi, but hate the way he left her stranded in the end!
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Lovely post, Sush ... agree about the episode ... the contrasts were beautifully portrayed ... the dawning of love on one side and the obsessive lust on the other ... urghh, so Shyam is becoming psychopath obsessed lover a la SRK in Darr and Anjaam ... ready to go to any lengths to possess Khushi ... even a bigamous second marriage ... honestly as a lawyer, he should know better than anyone that it won't even be legal! I guess that's the point ... to show the obsessive possessiveness as opposed to the possessiveness of true love ...
Shaym/Abhaas was good ... he made me hate him completely ... he looked positively ugly in his obviously ugly moments, and the last part where he switched to smmoth, unctuous, greasy oh-so-concerned 'what happened to mausaji, I just got here' made me want to kill him then and there!
And of course the women just stood there and cried ... get a doctor, idiots!!! 😡

But I differ with you completely regarding the Arshi scenes ... I found them very profound today ... not just for the obvious caring shown by Arnav but by the unspoken ... there was a possessiveness on both sides and there was SO much in their unspoken moments ...

The first scene ... Arnav with his obvious guilt, remorse, the caring ... his flashbacks of what Khushi had done for him,
and Khushi ... the way she snuggled into his hand, peaceful in her sleep, an unconscious acceptance of him, his right to be there ... in contrast to the after the GH incident, when her sleep was troubled, and she got up in the middle of the night to make jalebis ... that time, she felt his touch in her sleep and woke up with a start ... and here, when he touched her cheek, she continued to sleep peacefully ... I completely loved the subtle nuances here ...

and the second Arshi scene ... the start ... the quiet ... the few words ... the calm between them after such a storm the night before ... calm after the storm this time ...
His words ... acknowledging she was right to stop him the evening before ... the strike is still on but I've managed to organise a car ...
Her words ... acknowledging she was wrong to do what she did, to interfere to the extent she did  ... I'll go back to Delhi ...
A new understanding, a new familiarity ... no apology was asked for this time, none was needed ... it was all unspoken ... The short scene before the goons arrived was just beautiful in its simplicity and the quiet tones in which they spoke ...

And after the fight, she was horrified at his naked violence ... at his disproportionate rage ... He just pushed me, I'm all right, will you kill the guy for that?
And I think the violence was directed not only at the goon, but also at himself ... that he had hurt her yet again ... and she had forgiven without even being asked ...

There is a bonding, a possessiveness between them ... is it love? And to me now, the title of the show seems so apt today ... what to call this feeling? This sense of rightness at being together, this possessiveness, this connection ... between two people from such different backgrounds, different thoughts, beliefs ... different worlds ... yet they are connected ...

I had said at the start of the Nainital trip that I didn't want romance between them yet ... I wanted an understanding to start, and a unspoken bonding ... I am happy, I got exactly what I wanted! 😛

And I really don't want either of them to call it LOVE just yet ... or to have the cliched "realization" that oh I love him/her ... I want that bonding to become stronger and stronger but remain unnamed ... then this will really be a love story with a difference!

As for the precap ... as usual, will wait for the episode tonight to comment in context ... 😉 *sigh* as usual the Khushi bashing has started ... i really wish people on this forum would notice more than just Barun's HAWTNESS!!!

Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Hey Trinity...You can call me Sush.😊

You have a good point ...although don't you think when two people love each other the desire to become one is also related to a physical desire? I think the important thing is what dominates...the care or the the desire...

Of course Shush it is physical desire, which also comes with love, platonic love seldom happens (I won't call it a myth though😉) when love happens between a man and a woman they want to get united physically too but what is Shyam feeling is' Lust or Carnal Desire' purely, nothing to do with love!!
stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
i couldn't help but hop in.😊 @radhe.. i see point in the fact that accusing khushi would not be appropriate after all this that has happened. but somehow i believe thats what Arnav Singh Raizada is all about. he surely does not come to terms with the fact that he feels something for her? hence the 'get out'. if he was the man he was designed to be, i feel it would just be his character to accuse her, sadly leaving a spot on his character...
as for shyam as much as i want arnav to be the only one to stand by her when she is accused, i dont see that happening... if it is not expecting too much, the max he will go maybe just standing up for her in times of her depression about bauji's coma/worse… that too for a little span of time..

Btw @sush,, great points..😳

stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: DiyaS

i really wish people on this forum would notice more than just Barun's HAWTNESS!!!

😆

Hey diya! I am guessing I am speaking for all of us, but as much as we like/admire/whatever barun its not like we don't see faults in him.And that does not in anyway mean we wont do the same to arnav…

See barun and arnav are different. One is a character and another is an actor.. I hope I made some sense!!😆