Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: ruhakhan

Hey nice unusual bt good and she is so obsessed with her yellow umbrella do update soon

Originally posted by: khwaishfan

Hi thanks 4 da pm n superb update! Update soon

Originally posted by: DrashtiDhamiNo1

awesome update

loved it

looking forward to the next part

cont soon please

thanks for the pm..!! :)

Thanks a lot! 

jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Pre-cap

That yellow dot in the distance,
Became the centre of my existence,
A voice full of sunshine,
Brought life back into mine.
I longed for a glimpse,
Of that curly-haired nymph,
But all that I got, was a bright sunny blur.
So I'll bide my time, till I see her
Her of that yellow dot, the one in the distance
That became so soon, the center of my existence.

Part 2

2022/2/9 - IMPORTANT - SS moved to 

jazzerette | Archive of Our Own

Edited by jazzerette - 2 years ago
Where should i start?
I thought a lot to say but this poem... this poem alone made me mute.
Awesome Poem! If i try to write anything on this, I would be a fool. I tell ya one of the cutest, loveliest poems ever!

That yellow dot in the distance,
Became the centre of my existence,
A voice full of sunshine,
Brought life back into mine.
I longed for a glimpse,
Of that curly-haired nymph,
But all that I got, was a bright sunny blur.
So I'll bide my time, till I see her
Her of that yellow dot, the one in the distance
That became so soon, the center of my existence.

I bounded up the stairs to our conference room on the third floor. As fatigue-ridden as I was in the morning, I was now filled with a brilliant red of energy boost after one hour of good food, coffee and care by Dadi.

And that yellow dot. The exuberantly cheerful yellow had certainly left its mark on my spirits; to a certain extent atleast.

I highlighted the above for two reasons.. One I really am impressed the way you describe the meaning of each color. Two am nothing them down😆
A cocked eyebrow and my practiced monologue died on the tip of my tongue. His tall frame towered over me dauntingly even though we had the whole expanse of the long chestnut table between us. Damn the old man! And people called me intimidating. Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? Where is Chotte Papa when I need him?
This is something different! Till now no matter how many fics I read, I never came across this. I mean.. see the MSK we know is intimidating. Yes, But i always wondered how would he be before his parents if they were alive?
Till now I've seen fics in which either the parents are dead or grey shaded. But this was something new! And the lines i've underlined made me grin. Exactly like father like son..
I'm clean bowled by Dev oops Deveder singh's punch lines. Awesome one liners that Old man has!😆
Their friendship had begun when they were but children. And now extended to their brood of children too,
two of Khuranas and three of Handas.
Hmm. Two Khuranas and three Handas. You see am making a mental note. Kyun? ye tumhe baad mein pata chalega😆

It was the take-Maan's-trip tone. It was times like this that the black in me wished I was ten again. When I could stomp my feet when teased mercilessly by elders. And still be oohed and aahed at. But wait how old I am now? Twenty seven. Now I will only get mocking snickers from Dad and Chotte Papa. These two derived sadistic pleasures from my sufferings. And by now I was resigned to this torture.

I laughed out loud at this line. yeah yeah I did imagine Maan stomping his foot. And i ended up rolling in my seat.
Two important things now..
One.. I loved Yash-Dev's bonding. Jai-Veeru ke nakli nahi lag rahe? 😆
Seriously Bechara Maa ko dara diya na?
Am I really calling him bechara?😆
Well I like teasing.. until and unless m not the scape goat😆
It was hilarious to see the two friends betting upon how much time it takes to scare their son. Good Idea😉
Oh BTW my secnd point is :
BEchare Dev aur Yash ko budde bana diya?
Imagining Abhinav shukla as an old man is relatively easy. I imagined him with light grey hair but imagining Jai bhanushali as an old man was hilarious. You know i find him cute actually😆
This disaster reeked of Vicky.
My second point to note down. So, One Khurana is Maan, second seems Vicky. Two done. Now the Handas to go.

I hate surprises. Particularly the ones my family springs on me. There is always a...

Hell!
Even I hate surprises. Bingo Maan. Ah don't roll your eyes. Seriously I hate surprises.
Oh BTW Wait there! This again caught my attention.
There is always a.. what?
You know how to increase the suspense don't you Suspense queen?
We have been waiting for this for so long. I must call...
Nanhi! Right? Nanhi it is..! I'm pleasantly surprised by the bond they share..
I don't care who Nanhi is.. you-know-why.. but seriously I'm in awe that their bond is so deep. It's a bliss to have a support like that.

I ran my fingers over the name-plate once again. Odd! Why did it feel that it has not been virgin to a human touch? Why did my senses pick a lilac of woman's touch on from the metal?

I need not mention. I saw all your readers loved this line. So I need not mention it that it is indeed a beautiful line.
 Class that oozed from simplicity of design, it was clearly imprinted by the signature of
our family's only artist. Nanhi. Her mere thought brought a smile upon my face.
Okay so it was designed by Nanhi. The room's interior dcor was done by her. What surprises me is she's the only artist. So as per my previous notings, as already two children from Khurana Khandan are done, Nanhi is from Handa parivar.
And she's the interior designer. Cool.

Yellow flowers. This single yellow dot against the brown setting of his office.

Hmm. Yellow flowers are kept in his room. Why do I feel that those are kept by Geet? She was there apparently so I strongly feel it is her who kept those flowers there. You may wonder..How does this simple thing matter?
It does matter. I'll tell you in my next comment😆
Edited by --Shika-- - 12 years ago
ritzy09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
absolutely awesome...loved the friendship and Maan's relationship with his two dads...

but for me highlight was when he touched the name plate and felt a touch of woman before him
abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awesome update love it
Remya_Pillai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
wow!beautifully written!
 "Odd! Why did it feel that it has not been virgin to a human touch? Why did my senses pick a lilac of woman's touch on from the metal?"

wonderful!

mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Jazz - what do I say - for a change it's nice to see Maan being ribbed by somebody - and I'm curious to see who this nanhi is.

babe you have a full-on FF and now an OS too - I love!!

The very fact that you've channeled this unique part of you into the OS - I love that bit!

Maan seems to lead a dreary life - and I guess ad the colour been anyt other than yellow - you'd probably have enthused the same flavour in the story.

Keep it coming hun - am all eyes!! 😆 
Edited by mechantefille - 12 years ago
-bansi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Loved the update Jazz...!!
hmm...maan n his fathers...share a great n nice bond..!!
awww...who is nanhi...??
curious to know that...
did u have to stop there jazz...😡 😡
awaiting the next part already...!!
update soon..!!

Edited by -bansi- - 12 years ago
spvd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
part 2
lovely...
the rapport Maan shares with the 2 men was so very nice...
but that line about the touch on the name plate was so so so awesome...
Nanhi?
i didnt get that...
why did u stop there?
cont soon dear...
Serenity_me thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
edited my comment on page 5..oops forgot to mention that i love ur drawing behna😃