Updated my reply on pg4 😊

Cheers,
Monsi
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: sulb

nicely summed up... agreed!

"The climbing on the table to talk, and then wondering 'how did I reach here?' Honestly, cv's, stop making Khushi so juvenile and brainless! You have one heroine with the IQ of a grasshopper in your other show, can you make this one a little more intelligent ... and a bit more consistently?! If the fall scene was required, Khushi could have gone a little further away and then tripped as she turned or something ... this was pretty stupid! Reminded me of Dubeyji in Monsoon Wedding ... though that was hilarious, but here, Khushi is the heroine, not a comedian! Stop making her into one ..."

😆😆
sometimes it happens to me too.. while talking to phone... i go somewhere, n then remember... oh.. where am i😆. Not that un-natural...

😆😆 ... ok, point taken ... it does happen ... for me it's going to a room to get something, then wondering when i reach there, what did I come to get? Especially when I'm on the phone as well 😆
😆
DiyaS thumbnail
Originally posted by: monsi08

Res!!!

**Edited**

Cheers,
Monsi

mommy2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

It's Renu!!!!  😊
lakshmi_SG thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: DiyaS

I was going to post in Zainab's or Sush's post ... but it got too long 😉 Besides, this is on the episode as a whole ... and some thoughts ...

Things I liked : Akash finally grew a backbone of sorts.
But why did Anjali stop him?
Thoughts - Anjali's character is dangerous. In the sense that she wields the maximum influence in the house, yet is unwilling to exert that influence strongly enough on things that matter. Examples abound - she knows that Arnav doesn't love La enough to want to marry her, and probably knows La is not right for him either, yet is unwilling to exert any pressure on him either in favour of or against marriage. Ditto with Nani, Anjali tries to keep peace between them, without letting them fight out their major issues clearly ... brushing them under a carpet in the interest of peace at all costs. Problem is, that cost might later prove to be too expensive. And of course, the current scene - she spoke up for Payal, yet was unwilling to allow Akash to actually fight with his mother for her.
Will she be the same when Shyam's truth finally comes to light? Know in her heart that Khushi is innocent of leading Shyam on, yet, in the interest of peace and preserving her marriage, allow the blame to stay on Khushi without defending her or forcing any showdown with Shyam?

Things I liked : Shashi ticked Shyam off about badmouthing Khushi for being out with another man. He trusts her. Enough said.
Thoughts: I wish he had added that his own opinion of his daughter is more important than any stranger's or outsider's opinion, thereby putting Shyam very firmly in those categories. And also if he had added that stray dogs will always bark, that would have been icing on the cake!

Coming to Khushi-Arnav ... mainly Khushi today, Arnav was pretty unremarkable. Heck, no chappals for that one please ... I meant in terms of his characterization today ... 😆

Things I didn't like : The first dupatta scene 😕😕 ... honestly, just about as cliched as could get ... besides, didn't gel with Khushi's character at all to be so simpery ... couldn't they have done a replay of the 'dori' scene of MJHT 2, with Khushi snatching up her dupatta herself and wrapping it while Arnav donned the garb of a gentleman and looked away? Why did she have to wait for him to pick it up?

The climbing on the table to talk, and then wondering 'how did I reach here?' Honestly, cv's, stop making Khushi so juvenile and brainless! You have one heroine with the IQ of a grasshopper in your other show, can you make this one a little more intelligent ... and a bit more consistently?! If the fall scene was required, Khushi could have gone a little further away and then tripped as she turned or something ... this was pretty stupid! Reminded me of Dubeyji in Monsoon Wedding ... though that was hilarious, but here, Khushi is the heroine, not a comedian! Stop making her into one ...

Things I liked : yes, there were things I liked about Khushi today, even though she irritated me with the above two scenes a lot.
I liked that she called her parents to let them know her whereabouts ... I expected that, and was glad to see it happen, including the instructions about buaji's medicines ... re-emphasizing the caring, responsible side of Khushi.
I liked that she was the one to clarify that she and Arnav were not married ... Arnav did nothing but glower.
I liked that she landed up confessing about the petrol ... it was a juvenile and stupid prank, jeopardising an important work trip for the sake of romance. La should never have agreed to it, of course, so the blame goes to them both ... I don't blame Arnav at all for losing his cool so completely. But also, this showed her essentially truthful nature, which when the Shyam truth emerges, should weigh on her side. Now all I need is for her to confess to her antics in bringing La back ... and Arnav to tell her coolly that he knew it was her all along.
I liked the embarrasment when she found herself in his arms, and her temper, as quick to flare as his ... put me down! And when he dropped her, and the dhaba valas attributed it to his not being strong enough to hold her, his expression was hilarious ... served him right for being such a boor! I liked her not- quite- hidden snigger at that one!
I liked best of all : the way she tried to stop Arnav from leaving, pointing out all the obstacles which he in his anger had completely forgotten ... no phone, a transport strike, and he hadn't eaten ... now that is the Khushi I want to see more often ... using her brains.
Also, since she makes mistakes, and then tries to rectify them, I would really like to see Khushi be the one to get them to Nainital in time for Arnav's conference ... after the obligatory goonda sequence is done. 

Arnav today : pretty unremarkable - he did nothing much but glower at just about everything ... to the point that I felt like shaking him and telling him - Man, lighten up! He relapsed back to his angry child status today ... fine, he was justified in being angry and worried about his business trip, but the difference between him and Khushi came out even more strongly ... she makes the best of things and carries on, and he allows them to overpower him. And her line about his anger overpowering his thinking ... has she been listening to Anjali?!
Anyway, he was pretty much in character ... the only thing I liked about him was that even in his anger, he remembered to leave her money to get back to Delhi ... I didn't blame him for being angry enough at the petrol prank to want to dump her there and then at all! 

I did feel the difference in their social statuses very strongly today ... although hey, I have seen suited-booted businessmen eating happily at roadside dhabas, it's not such a big deal. He actually reminded me of Mami with his constant awareness of the difference between them, and his refusal to eat the dhaba food.
His embarrassment at being with Khushi, while understandable, was not very nice. But there is a huge difference between them, which makes me feel their love story has a long while yet to start. At the moment, they have just about started acknowledging each other as individuals beyond their initial stereotyped judgements ... but they don't even like each other very much yet ... simple physical attraction aside. My main question is ... will the cv's be able to deal with their story without turning them, especially Khushi, into permanent comedians?

As usual amazing post Diya...very well analysed...👏👏👏. Agree with your take in almost all the points.  Just want to add my view on khushi that, may be I am in minority , I thorougly enjoyed khushi yesterday...the scene which I have not liked is the dupatta scene ( as suggested by you they would have replicated MJHT 2 Dori scene ) .

Highlights for me khushi ,( btw sanaya is gorgeous in that lahenga ) , bauji ( for trusting khushi and expressing the same infront of shyam ) and then akash .

anonymously thumbnail

Totally agree that the they've lost the characterization of Khushi as a free spirited girl...often they end up being stupid. Khushi at the moment is being pretty irritating and has become a constant tamasha maker.

Thy're turning Khushi into a caricature where she acts like a cartoon, creates a scene (hated her raising that eyebrow at Arnav like some kind of a victory sign). The potrayal of women as conniving creatures (either the murderous conniving or this simpering conniving) finally goes to show how difficult it is for CVs to potray female characters.
The romance is cliched..if someone is counting we'll know how many times they've repeated the dupatta flying (and right the first response to a dupatta falling would be to grab it back and not look helplessly at the man!), Khushi climbing something which totally prepares you for the fall and the catch and the almost forced rabba ve moment, the fainting! The actors are damn good and they should be given something more imaginative and novel to do.
We are ardently following the serial hoping that it'll pull itself out of this rut that its getting into.  
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

great post!! 

you have made some really good points. loved the fact akash grew a backbone. anjali is too diplomatic for my liking.

Arhi roadtrip is just silly fun-filled moments for me. 

DiyaS thumbnail
@sreeda .. thanks, and I agree with you about people forgiving Anjali even if she sides the wrong person, or doesn't stick up for the right person ... that is why she is dangerous IMO 😛

@Angels11 ... I LIKE your points too! 😆 Especially the one about behaving like hubby-wifey ... I liked that he waited to yell at her till the dhaba valas left ...

@cinderella ... I guess we got the answer to your Mami question today ... Nani gave it to her good ... and that also explains to some extent her paranoia about a lower class girl 'trapping' her son ... because she did the same thing herself ...

@sharu ... yep, I think the comedy scenes were fillers ... the track seems to be starting now ... Arhi getting closer just as the Shyam angle starts to unravel at the other end .. while Arhi are conveniently unreachable ... am looking forward now to what is going to happen ...

@zuzana ... thanks! Yes, the last part of tuesday was good, and the way it flowed into wednesday was even better ... the set up for Khushi's nautanki, and Arnav's revenge ... each confrontation gets them closer and closer ...

Edited by DiyaS - 12 years ago
ayesha_80 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ahh!! This place confuses me. Haven't watched yest's epi yet n don't think wud be able to.

But read ur take in some thread...thanks for writing wat I had perceived from the written updates n all...lol. Seriously, it was a big relief that i haven't lost it yet..lol!

Btw...u not checking ur offliners??? And yeah...sorry for this random post in ur thread!Edited by ayesha_80 - 12 years ago
DiyaS thumbnail
Originally posted by: current

Diya...😃

Sushi and I are always at loggerheads..hahaha..So I agree here is pretty remarkable..Need I say everything which has been said..
😆 I usually read both your posts and then sort out my thoughts ... which is why I'm always somewhere in the middle 😆

Someone pointed out..Arnav being too much of a snob to clarify himself..My sentiments exactly..the difference in their social backgrounds was never more so in stark contrast than yesterday..Even when she spat out the water on his face..This was in pretty bad taste *pun intended* I mean there is a limit to being lively and exuberant but yesterday some bits bordered on plain gauche..on Khushi's part..
I liked the fact that Aranv refused to make do..I mean if he had come right down and chatted with the dhaba walas  or the like ..then that would have been against the very sophistication and upper crust I have come to expect and that exactly bothers me ..how are they going to to gel the two together being from such diff social strata..

actually the not eating at the dhaba felt a little going overboard on Arnav's part ... highways dhabas in India, especially in the North are famous for their good food ... and most people prefer them to restaurants ... one doesn't have to chat with the dhabavalas ... but being cheerfully friendly and polite is, to me, a sign of good breeding ... why would you look down on people who are just doing their job? And this I say from personal experience ... have eaten at roadside dhabas many times.
Agree with you on the water spitting, though ... OTT stuff, can do without!!!

As far as the last scene goes..Loved it..was more of a semblance of how things were ..and apart from this growing physical attraction..this somehow conveyed of why the love amy happen because they do connect at some level..

yes, that was the one I liked best in the entire episode ... they have a connection deep down ... and it's just getting stronger and stronger ... and no, she will not yell at him tomorrow ... but she will tell him she is leaving ... that's my bet 😛

As far Anjali..interesting..someone said an ostrich..I think she always wants to push things under the carpet and if the shyam fiasco happens she may just forgive and move on as any sanskari bahi..SP audience..🤢
I really wonder what her reaction will be ... not a strong determined one for sure is my bet ... she will crumple and break ...

and thank god Payal grew a spine..and Akash too..great going..

and Mami is different from ASR in bringing up the class difference ..she does it differently and ASR is born with it..he doesn't need to fling it in our face though more than once KKG has borne the brunt of it..and my theory is ..his defence mech .working overdrive otherwise he seems pretty chilled out..
Mami does it out of guilt and shame, for want of a better word ... it's where she comes from, and its something she wants to forget, a past she wants to leave behind and pretend it never existed ... ASR bringing it up only for Khushi ... that is the mystery which I hope the cv's solve and don't leave half-baked ...

Great post DIya...you said it much better than I could..👏
Thanks Zainu 😳