Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai

TOI-Lots of hype, but where are the TRPs?

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Lots of hype, but where are the TRPs?

TNN | Oct 4, 2011, 12.00AM IST

Diya Aur Baati
Many new shows have been launched in the past few months, but hardly any of them have clicked. Three new shows across different channels that were promoted in a very big way have failed to live up to audiences' expectations.

Diya Aur Baati, Dharam Patni and Chintu Chinky Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story seemed very promising, but the ratings tell a different story. So, what has gone wrong for these shows? Well, we think, Diya Aur Baati, a show with hardly any known faces, needs a total revamp, right from performances to screenplay. Currently the best thing about the show is the title track by Shubha Mudgal and Kailash Kher.

Dharam Patni, starring Harshad Chopra and Aasiya Qazi, was tom-tommed as the channel's biggest show, but the one question everyone's asking is : where are the TRPs (television rating points)? Rajesh Kumar and Divyanka Tripathi were lucky to bag Chintu Chinky... despite their previous show Mrs Aur Mr Allahabadwale not doing that well. A lot of hopes were pinned on the couple and this comic serial, which didn't start on a great note. But then again, anything can happen on TV; there's still hope.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just looking at the trend how SP is doing..
Feel really bad they ended Bidaaii at No 1 position 😲 , Donno if History will repeat , may not ,
Apu saying wished I played the role of Anmol  for 1 1/2 years keep ringing in my ears 😭

Wish to see him back in the sequel of Bidaaii and needed character which gave a boost to the show with his beautiful chemistry with Parul as Ragini and many others who welcomed him in the leap and he blended well

I am not saying anything about any other show but yes when such articles comes out it feels a little bit sad that Bidaaii caught up very well in-spite the reality shows  like KBC and BB last year and was consistent on the TRP

The other part was that there were very less promos of Anmol in Bidaaii so even so the curiosity mind of the audience enjoyed the performances when the show was getting interesting towards the time when the focus was on some key characters

My hope is to see a sequel of Bidaaii well deserved with key people who gave  the TRP bracket for the show IF thats the so called Norm in todays television viewing..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Lots-of-hype-but-where-are-the-TRPs/articleshow/10218506.cms
Edited by shanti05 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you shanti this was very much needed. i mean i want sp to realize that how bad they did to my bidaai. i realyyy hope bidaai makes a grand come back with orginal cast inshallah ameen thanks for sharing
shanti05 thumbnail
At the rate @ which Starplus is pumping in shows wonder how many will sustain..
Long running shows are still attracting TRP and viewership, with shows crossing 700 800 episodes or even 724 for a show of the same prod house looks like   the bait was only on Bidaaii to have ended with more story left, TRP going great guns and leap risk well appreciated by viewers..

The factors affecting the viewership interms of hypes and promotions seems to be putting a still on TRPs

Ooolalala thumbnail
Originally posted by: shanti05

At the rate @ which Starplus is pumping in shows wonder how many will sustain..
Long running shows are still attracting TRP and viewership, with shows crossing 700 800 episodes or even 724 for a show of the same prod house looks like   the bait was only on Bidaaii to have ended with more story left, TRP going great guns and leap risk well appreciated by viewers..

The factors affecting the viewership interms of hypes and promotions seems to be putting a still on TRPs

you are right i compelty agreee with you. Bidaai created a history by staying top all three year and by ending on a such a good rating i think now bidaai should be back
anizor thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
agree with you shanti,i think bidaii needs to be back if sp wants to sustain its position, no show is giving trps, bidaii continuation would give instant trps. hope we get bidaii back
shanti05 thumbnail
What amuses me is that it knows that somewhere the experiments are failing and its GRP has'nt grown that great over the past year , INfact SONY is  growing well with its GRP's , such articles are actually kicking at SP saying that, slow down your  process of pipeline and see what the viewers are watching,

Well and the other thing is SP will not risk to end a show at No1 after Bidaaii fiasco, I hope it bring the show back mabe its waiting for SOS 
Ooolalala thumbnail
SP has realized what they did to bidaai now they neeed to correct their mistake by bring bidaai back. you are right shanti i dont think sp will end another top show becuase what happen after bidaai to their 9 slot is now everyone is seeing. they should suffer becuase that is what they deserve
rekha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Only one lesson can be learnt from this, ending a well performing show is very easy but making one hit show rather difficult.😉. Hope Sp learns this fast and clear. Look at other channels all hit shows are crossing 700 episodes and still going strong. If content is good and still running don't touch it.
Wonderfullife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yes Shanti ,why they had to end bidaai when it was running successfully and giving tough competition to KBC and PR.

Wish St. Plus learns their mistake and bring back Bidaai soon.
shanaya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

@shanti...thanks for sharing the article...

finally something about the famous 9pm slot of SP..

we do know nowadays its TRP that counts..

a show can have known faces but finally wat get viewers attention is the concept..characters that instantly captivates the mass...agree or disagree wat click with audiences are these two factors..

the mass mindset has changed now and they switched channels once nothing attracts them..thats wat happenning to SP in the 9pm slot..they are experimenting new shows and its not working at all..people were loyal to bidaai till the end but wat SP did axing the show left a very sour taste..the question is will ever any show work for them on this slot..one came and gone off air alteady and it was such big hype that it was  launched ..end result not even one yr off  screen...

new show as per article to get TRP it needs a revamp..performances and screenplay..as i said at the end its the concept and characterisation and acting skills of how the actors blend in their characters..

example the leap i feel even the creatives did not expect this response when they sketched the character anmol .apoorva did full justice to it and it ended on a high note.

lets see how long SP keeps experimenting and not bring bidaai back..i too feel if SP needs that 9pm slot back its only bidaai that can do it..its a brand name now when it went off air..
Edited by saveeta24 - 12 years ago