Diya Aur Baati Hum

DABH BAD PRESS REVIEWS

Angelbud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
"DABH...NEEDS A TOTAL REVAMP RIGHT FROM PERFORMANCES TO SCREENPLAY...CURRENTLY THE BEST THING ABOUT THE SHOW IS THE TITLE TRACK" (indian times news paper quotation)

Oh dear, it looks like DABH as got some really awful press again!  Many of us on here have felt that this show did not live up to the previous 9pm shows and it seems like this press release from the indian times confirmed our feelings!  Its a pity!

DABH has gone down like a lead balloon I'm afraid!  We all gave the show a chance and watched it over and over again hopping that things would change!  For example the characterisations have been questioned from day one and people felt really cheated by the low standard of the interpersonal development and the sub text. 

Unfortunately that has resulted in one of the worst reviews of a new show on record!  I feel that things could have changed and indeed many of us pointed out that we were really hopping things would change and watched the show every day! 

Its a sad day for DABH!😭
Edited by Angelbud - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angelbud thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Angelbud

"DABH...NEEDS A TOTAL REVAMP RIGHT FROM PERFORMANCES TO SCREENPLAY...CURRENTLY THE BEST THING ABOUT THE SHOW IS THE TITLE TRACK" (indian times news paper quotation)

Oh dear, it looks like DABH as got some really awful press again!  Many of us on here have felt that this show did not live up to the previous 9pm shows and it seems like this press release from the indian times confirmed our feelings!  Its a pity!

DABH has gone down like a lead balloon I'm afraid!  We all gave the show a chance and watched it over and over again hopping that things would change!  For example the characterisations have been questioned from day one and people felt really cheated by the low standard of the interpersonal development and the sub text. 

Unfortunately that has resulted in one of the worst reviews of a new show on record!  I feel that things could have changed and indeed many of us pointed out that we were really hopping things would change and watched the show every day! 

Its a sad day for DABH!😭

Angelbud thumbnail
I just received ten emails from friends in India saying that their was a news story on one of your channels about the issues in DABH!  Apparently it was saying that the article in the Indian Times was right!

We all must agree then that the show that we all thought would have a good love story and interesting themes is a bit of a let down!  No one seems to even like the wedding or post wedding scenes on the forum either?  I wonder why?😕

vcoolwater thumbnail
Um sorry to break to you Angelbud. There is no newspaper called Indian Times 😆.  Do you mean Times of India or Hindustani Times.  If you going to bash the show, at least use a legit source 😃.  

Could you also provide link for backup. If it is true, than you could provide the source.  Also emails from ten "friends" doesn't count either 😆
Angelbud thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vcoolwater

Um sorry to break to you Angelbud. There is no newspaper called Indian Times 😆.  Do you mean Times of India or Hindustani Times.  If you going to bash the show, at least use a legit source 😃.  

Could you also provide link for backup. If it is true, than you could provide the source.  Also emails from ten "friends" doesn't count either 😆

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Lots-of-hype-but-where-are-the-TRPs/articleshow/10218506.cms

There you go! The emails are from famous actors so i cant exactly post them can i!

Edited by Angelbud - 12 years ago
_mahi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
as one person said on the article page that we shouldn't judge the show on the TRPs n stuff..
nobody has become a millionaire in one day.. so it takes time to build a huge fan base..
dont start off with your criticizing again
please..

Angelbud thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: _mahi_

as one person said on the article page that we shouldn't judge the show on the TRPs n stuff..

nobody has become a millionaire in one day.. so it takes time to build a huge fan base..
dont start off with your criticizing again
please..

It takes good acting,direction,plot and the list goes on and on!  Where are these factors in DABH? Not apparent yet are they hence the reviews!  Im not criticising im just giving my opinion that's all!

Friends Now?😳
Essence.. thumbnail
I dont care what the press have to say about the show, For me its a awesome show, Iam loving it. This is the best show in Star Plus right now.
monika_2691 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Its def not a sad day for the show...the show is steadily improving in trps...anyway if its meant to do well it will irrespective of detractors...so nothing ground shaking...i am loving the show and thats all that matters...no big deal...
Angelbud thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: monika_2691

Its def not a sad day for the show...the show is steadily improving in trps...anyway if its meant to do well it will irrespective of detractors...so nothing ground shaking...i am loving the show and thats all that matters...no big deal...

Unfortunately its not doing as well as expected though is it!  I wonder how long we will have to wait for something to improve, afterall they are not going to keep the show because a handfull of people on here cant see what everyone else can! 😳