question regarding the idea which i gave last week

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
i readed a post of YEMI by saying that the number of votes count n it doesnt matter whetther u giv a low or high star...so i guess im taking my idea back, so donttt do it anymore as this might bring more votes for the u knoww...😆

but please MKAP MEMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!! plzzz hit the chaskameter as much as u cannn

how can we hav just 300+ votes while GEET HAS 1000+...why r our fellow members not voting as much as they can...n i wonder how many hits count which we do each day

i think i hit the chaska meter 10 times a day, huhhh...its confusing😭

n the other idea which i told > regarding getting a google account n pressing on 1+...i think nobody, besides 3/4 members did that...sab sorahe ho kya????
go luk at the other forummmsss...they hav 100+
LOL u daily hit chaskametre 10 times...ROFL ROFL

appko pata nahi tha kya????
This is where I got the info from:

This is from Vijay's original explanation of the chaska meter in August 2010 ... https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1461456

How we are computing our data and ranking the shows?

Instead of just ranking the shows on the number of hits the show gets on our website, there are a lot more parameters that we are using to most accurately arrive on our Chaska Meter rankings.  From the amount of media coverage a show receieves to the number of hits the show gets on google, we are trying to get a 360 degree view of the telelvision show and its popularity.  Furthermore, we are also placing a lot of emphasis on the number of unique visits a show receieves on our site as well as tying into fans and hits on social media sites like Twitter, Facebook (will be adding Orkut soon).  Lastly, our Members have a huge part to play in the Chaska Meter rankings as they will be rating their favorite shows on the scale of 1- 5 (where 5 is best and 1 is BAD) based on the story line (or that days episode).

As we collect more data, we plan to fine tune the Chaska Meter over time to make it more accurate and robust.

Here is another explanation he gave:

Originally posted by vijay

But let me try to explain how it works and what all factors might have favored other shows if that helps:

The User Rating is just one of the factor in deriving the ranking. We do undertake the Buzz around the Show, Unique visitors, Forum activity and discussions also as factors in computing the rankings.

We are giving more weightage to unique visitors (different IPs) to the show pages including the Forums, Galleries, Videos, News for the Show the better ranking points it gets. This is one of the step to keep a check on manipulation.

So best one can do for the show is to get more Unique visitors to your favorite show by promoting on Social Media. BTW we do also take into account if you have added the show Forum in My Forums.

Hope this helps. We are open to suggestions to improve the system.

Cheers,
Vijay
Edited by yemi3006 - 12 years ago
no i really didnt know, wenever i log in...i hit the chaska meter...well huhhh who cares, i hit the chaska meter wenever i visit the MKAP forum...n if not every vote is counted...kam se kam 1 to count hoga lol haha
Really we have many active members here. But why so less votes?? I hit the Chaskameter regularly. C'mon guys lets vote!!
yeaaa i wonder why we hav so less votes...so sad to seee:(