Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

goldenball thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Shifting Sands

After Dancing Mirrors which was peppy and on young side, I am back with another beautiful journey of love,  traversing human mind with emotions...

This is on matured side...and with a very strong feminist point...

We always hear...man would like to fall in love with a girl whom he can take to his mother but then wants best, smart, most beautiful  and hottest girl in the town as his girlfriend.  Why this double standard?

and this story is highligting this pov, if a man falls in love with such a girl...then ...?

Maan, a business man with strong values meets Geet handa a shrewd business woman.  He feels attraction for her and detest the feeling very much as she is completely opposite to his thinking about woman. Carefree, Living life on her terms and likes to keep man on her finger tips.

His conditions is like patanga(fly)...how much he feels hatred for her...he is drawn towards her...he knows he will die if he submits to her...and he will die even if doesn't...he has no escape...

Hope all of you will like it...

Maan Singh Khurana - A cool businesman, owner and CMD of Khurana Energy, heir of Royal family of Patiala. He is 28 years old, with high principles, strong values and conservative thinking.

Geet Handa - 26 years old, shrewd business woman. CEO of Petro Chemicals, a small company but on rampant growth path. She is very beautiful, Charming, lives life on her own terms, believes everything is fair in business.

My earlier works :

1. Dancing Mirrors

2. Dew and the Mist

3. Purple Haze

4. Break Point

5. SandStorm

6. Maine Pyaar Kiya Series

Edited by goldenball - 12 years ago
goldenball thumbnail

Chapter 21 - I want to know you

Back to Delhi

He was deep in his thoughts...

"Maan, ab toh maafi mil gayi...Geet talked to you also while coming back...Now why are you thinking about her...? You only decided that she cannot be part of your life, you are doing all this for forgiveness and no other intention..."

"Yes, I know..."

"Then why are you still thinking..."

"Because I don't know what I did...I thought I had fallen in love with her...and then I decided to let her go also...but now I am feeling so empty thinking whom I loved...who was that person...I never tried to know that person...I never tried to understand her..."

"Does it matter now...? You have already decided..."

"Yes...but I am feeling like a  pyaasa panchi who took a dip in love but could not feel it...I am feeling so empty..."

"So what you want to do now...?"

"I know she can never become part of my life, my family will never accept a single mother but I am feeling restless...I have to know more about her...who is she ? What is she...? "

"Maan, you are again getting into her..."

"No...No...I am not expecting anything out of this...I just want to see her from near..."

After few days...

She was at Khurana Energy Office, for the meeting. They completed the review of the project...she explained the status, Maan was over all satisfied with it.

As she was leaving...

"Geet, can I ask you out for a dinner with me, tonight...?" he could not control himself.

"Dinner...? Are you out of your mind...?" she freaked.

"Geet..." He could not speak...could not explain to her...

"Maan, I thought its finished...I have forgiven...then why...?"

"Geet, I don't know, I just want to spend some time with you..."

"Maan, are u crazy ? I am not interested..."

He hurriedly came closer to her...as he saw her leaving and blocked her way..."Are you still upset...? I just want to start fresh, I want us to forget whatver happened between us..."

"Fresh...? But why...?"

"I don't know...I can't explain to you anything..."

His eyes requested her to understand him.

"Maan...I can only come, if you promise to forget whatever you told me that night, I mean your feelings..."

"Yes...Geet I understand, I understand you can never be part of my life but please tonight..."

She nodded.

"Fine..I will pick you and, also Yash..."

"Yash...?"

She looked at him for sometime not able to understand what is going in his mind...

"Maan...I don't think that will be a good idea..."

"Geet,...please, I have to say thanks to him also..."

She gave up...

At night

He hesitatingly rang the bell...checked his dress again...

She opened the door...He forgot for a moment, dazzled... She was like always looking beautiful...Her diamond danglers...and for a change she was in a cream colour outfit...he simply kept staring her...

"Maan..." she called him.

"Oh ! Yes..." he then looked at Yash who was ready hiding behind her...and he picked him...

"So finally you could make my mom happy..." he giggled.

"Yes...but it was not easy..." he also chuckled...

Soon they reached the hotel...seated...and Yash got busy in playing and they were left alone...

"I am feeling so odd..." He smiled at her...

Her eyes questioned him...

"I mean, I have first time taken a woman out on a dinner date and that also with a child..."

She smiled.

"Geet, Do you want to take drinks...?" he asked her...

"No..I don't take when Yash is around..."

"So you are a typical mother..." he chuckled...

"I think so..."

"Geet, it must have been difficult for you to bring him alone and then your work..." his eyes deeply probed her.

"No, not at all..." she smiled...her eyes fluttered...

He could not control himself..."Geet...why I always feel your calm cool shell is a dikhawa, you don't want to show your inner self..."

"No...I am what you see..."

"I dont believe it anymore..."

"I don't care what you believe about me..." she chose not to look at him.

"Yes, true...You don't care about me..."

Then they both then became silent for sometime...and then he spoke...

"Geet, you know what...? I just realized now...I never thought what you think about me...I was so engrossed in my feelings..."

"Maan, I think you forgot my shart ..."

"I remember it but now I am curious to know...Do you feel anything for me...?" his eyes gazing hers.

"Maan...I don't feel anything for you, I don't care about you..." her eyes darkened...her eyes firmed...

He was disappointed..."Geet..."

She kept looking at him...her eyes...he didn't liked them getting upset.

"Geet...I unnecessarily brought it, let us enjoy the evening."

He then got Yash back...they were chatting and she was feeling left out...

Later they came out in the hotel lobby, he was about to open the car door for her...then suddenly his eyes dazzled as cameras started flashing...

He grunted..."Media...they can never leave us in peace..."

He grabbed her hand and hid her behind him...hurriedly tugged her and Yash in, and drove the car away...

Next -will she express ?

goldenball thumbnail
Chapter 22- I want to live the moment...

Later they came out in the hotel lobby, he was about to open the car door for her...then suddenly his eyes dazzled as cameras started flashing...

He grunted..."Media...they can never leave us in peace..."  He grabbed her hand and hid her behind him...hurriedly tugged her and Yash in, and drove the car away...

Next morning

His cell was ringing continuously….he got up, irritated…and saw Dadima…

"Dadima…so early…?"

"Maan, what are you doing..? Have you checked out today's news…?"

He suddenly remembered, last night's camera's flashing…..and he became silent…

"Maan, are you going to explain…"

"Dadima, there is nothing to explain."

"Maan, I thought she is out of your life but again…and she has a child also…Maan…what are you doing…?"

"Maan, aap sun rahain hain…naa …"

He didn't answer and cut the call. Last night incidences started flashing, it was such a pleasant evening. She was with him…she was only for him….her eyes were at him only….she talked to him only…..

Suddenly he remembered…She must be upset…

And then his cell rang, he saw it was from Geet.

"Yes Geet…I heard about the news…"

"Maan, I just wanted to check if everything is fine at your end…I mean I know Dadima…"

"Geet…yes she called me…but don't worry, I can handle it…"

"Ok…"

"Geet, thanks for calling me…"

"Thanks…for dinner last night. I couldn't convey….you know media…"

"Geet, actually, I wanted to call you. Are you OK…? I mean this news…?"

"No, I am fine…I am used to…."

After few days

She opened the door….

"Maan, this time…so early…?"

"No, I thought we can go for a walk together…You know I have started it recently and was looking for a company…."

"Really….?" She screwed her eyes…

"Oh Yes!" he tried to sound confident.

"I am not interested…."

"Geet, please at least today….." he pleaded.

She looked at him…unbelieving….she came out, they went to nearby park.

"Maan….I am actually puzzled…Why suddenly you have changed…? You used to detest me so much…."

"Geet, I don't know….."

"Maan….." she was annoyed….

"Ok, Fine…I felt, I didn't know anything about you…"

"But we have closed that chapter…...I have clearly told you, if you start talking about your feelings then I am not interested…."

"Geet, I am not going to talk about that…I just want to know you. We can be friends…Like what you are with Neil…."

"Neil….?"

"Yes…..at least friends…."

She couldn't say anything…..she simply stared him…she was now sensing danger….He is not Neil…he is affecting her….how can then friendship exists between them….

She sighed…how she can make him understand……

"Maan, don't expect more than that…I am not for any relationship…."

"Geet, I understand…..I know we differ a lot…"

"NO, because I don't feel a damn for you…."

"Geet….."

He surely didn't like it…..Why she has to be so blunt…..

After few days

She reached home…and looked for Yash…he was nowhere to be seen….she was anxious….

"Ramji….Where is Yash….?" She shouted…panicked…..

He came running out….

"Bibiji…he has gone out with MK sahib…."

"MK…?" she fumed…. "How dare him…."

She was about to call him….and then heard their chatting…they were entering inside….

"Maan…what is this….?"

He asked Yash to go inside……

"Geet, he called me…he wanted to go out somewhere……"

"He called you…I can't believe it….and how he got your number….?"

"I gave him that day…but why are you making such an issue….?"

"You will never understand…how much I was troubled not seeing him…."

"Geet, I am sorry...I should have informed you…but he didn't want you to know…"

"You are telling me Yash told you so…he trusted you…..a stranger….? How can he do that….?"

"Relax...! He is fine….." he could understand her anxiousness.

She looked at him….still tensed…

"Geet…Please…"

She nodded….and then asked him to come inside…..He felt good, first time she asked him to come inside her house….

"Maan, what would you like to have….?"

He looked at her…..teasing her…."Anything that you can make for me…."

She looked at him…confused…..but then shrugged off her shoulders,

"Fine, I will get some coffee for you…"

He then simply took a look around…It was very simple, with not much decoration….few of her and Yash photographs…that's all…..
He was little surprised……

She came back soon with coffee…. saw him confused…..

"What are you thinking….?"

"I was just thinking….you have a very simple taste when it comes to your home….but then your life….?"

"What about my life….?"

He didn't say anything……

She gave him a hard look…… "Don't you think you are interfering too much….?"

After few days

She was waiting for his call…every morning he is there by this time….but today….?

Suddenly her cell rang…she anxiously picked it….

"Where are you..? Are you fine…?"

"Geet, I am fine…..got just stuck, I will be there in 5 minutes…."

She kept the phone back, feeling relieved…..but then it stuck her….she was worried about him…..? She was troubled with the realization and then heard the bell…..she opened it…still conscious….still thinking…..

He noticed blank look on her face….

"Geet, where are you…?"

She came out of her thoughts…

"Maan…I think we should stop all this….."

"What…"

"All this friendship business… it's not going to work…."

He stared her for some time, his eyes gazing her deeply…..

"Geet, I have stopped thinking now….what is going to work and what is not going to work…I have stopped thinking what is right…..what is wrong. I just want to experience the moment I am going through…"

She looked at him confused...

"Geet, why don't you do same...Why don't you just stop thinking...? controlling your self...?"

"Maan...?"

"Yes...why are you controlling yourself so much..."

"I am not controlling...I don't feel anything for you..."

"Geet, till when are you going to lie to yourself...? I can't believe it that you don't feel anything for me..."

She tried to look other side...and he forced her to look at him...

"Geet, look at me and say that you don't feel anything..."

She looked at him...firm..."I don't feel...and please don't ask me again on this..."

"Geet..." he was very upset...

goldenball thumbnail
Chapter 23 -If it happens again...

She was getting ready for the office but her mind was still occupied with morning discussion, how can she let her feel s again, what she has gone through, how can she risk herself again...? and then Maan ...he is no different...his background...his family...his thinking...

Why he is insisting so much...why can't he see they have no future together...?

"Geet, You seriously thinking...?"

She shrugged off all thoughts...She cannot trust anyone to open her heart again...she cannot do that...

She looked at watch, today again she has meeting with him...again she has to face him...

AT Office

She reached on time, along with Raj Chopra and then in conference room...

He was already waiting for her...his eyes brightened up as he saw her...she felt un-comfortable...they started the meeting, she gave him update on status...

"Ms. Handa, I am overall satisfied with the status...If you need any help then let me know..."

"Fine MK..." she packed her laptop.

"Meet me before you leave..." he winked at her and went out.

She gave him a disgusting look...why he has to show off in front of everyone...

"Geet, what is happening between you and MK...? I mean, recently media also splashed photos..." Raj asked him quietly.. .

"Nothing...mind your own business..."

"Fine...I was just curious..."

She fumed...and went to his cabin...

"Maan...why are you doing all this...?"

"Geet...Since when it has started troubling you...?"

"Because you are different then others, if you do, people take it seriously..."

"Geet, I just asked you to meet me...what is the problem...? and then we are trying to be buddies..."

"Buddies...my foot..." she almost shouted at him...

"Geet..." he tried to pacify her. ...

She came closer to him..."Don't try to get personal with me...I don't like it..."

"Geet...whatever is happening, let it happen..." he took her both hands in his...

"Maan, don't come closer to me..." her eyes were mist, she pleaded...

"Geet...I am not doing anything...I am just doing what my heart is telling me..."

"Maan...then I will stop meeting you..." she could only say this much...

He looked at her...trying to understand her...

"So...you feel for me...?"

She didn't say anything...

"Geet...I was also scared earlier...but now I have stopped being scared...I have let my heart rule me..."

"I cannot do that...I cannot let my self ruin again..." she blasted...

Everything became silent, ...he tried to absorb what she said...

He brought her closer, looking deeply in her eyes... "Geet...what ever happened, happened in past..."

"If it happens again...? " her eyes wanting him to assure her...

He kept quiet...struggling...

she again asked him. "Maan...if it happens again...?"

"Geet...I can at least assure you...No one else can take your place in my life..."

She gave him a disgusting look and came out of his cabin...

Maan looked at her as she went out...,feeling helpless...'why he was not able to assure her that he will go to any extent to be with her...first time she asked something for their relation and he was not able to assure her...'

"She is right when she asked me that question...I can now at least understand she had a trouble in past, and I am feeling helpless...I can't do much...I know Dadima will never accept her knowing she is a single mother...I can't leave my family, I can't drag my royal heritage in controversies for my love..."

" Maan, you sure...? Is this only troubling you..."

"Yes...I am very sure now I love her and I don't care anything about her...I am only troubled about my family and my royal reputation..."

He sank in his chair feeling helpless...

"Maan...so why are you after her...? Leave her, the way she wants to be..."

After few days...

She knows now he is not going to call her...but still she waits...He understood that day, listening to his heart is not enough..

She again looked at the watch...anxious...

"Geet, why are you waiting for him, you know he will not be here..."

"Yes...I know...but was still hoping..."

"You know everything but still you are letting yourself go, this time you will be responsible to whatever happens to you..."

"Yes...I can't do that...I have to take him out of my system..."

She thought, feeling relieved...

After few days

She was updating the status of the project, and he simply kept staring at her...she looks same...her poise..her danglers...her hair...everything same...same confidence...nothing has changed about her...its he, who has changed now...; she asked me one question and I couldnot answer it...I never thought about her, her expectations...

He was not hearing her at all...he kept staring her...

Soon the meeting was over and he forgot... like always..."Geet, meet me before you leave..."

She came in his cabin...composed...

"Yes, MK..."

He kept staring her...not able to say anything...

"MK..." she again called him...

He came out of his thoughts, could only think of asking..."How are you...?"

"I am fine..." she smiled and waited for him...

He kept mum...

"MK...excuse me, I have to leave..."

As she was coming out, he caught her hand... "Geet...I want you to understand me..."

"Does it makes a difference...?"

"Geet..."

"I never expected anything from you nor from what we have between us...let us leave it at this point only..."

He could not say anything...

"Maan...Try to forget what ever you felt for me, Let us be back to what we were earlier, pure professional relationship..."

"No, Geet,...why can't we still be friends...?"

"Because, your closeness is affecting me..." her eyes mist...not letting the tears to come out...

"Geet..." he was stunned...

shalinisaran89 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
wow awesome upd...
lov it...
so finally maan wanted 2 knw her
abinash079 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
lovel update congrats for the new thread