Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

esrujan thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
πŸ‘πŸ‘A very nice thread to express one's spiritual growth during childhood as mytho movies would make a lot of impact at that time. I used to love mythological movies so much in my childhood for the magical things they show as well as the nice stories that you hear from grand parents are now in front of you!

As expected, someone has already stolen the show with the movie that came first to my mind😊. Honestly, I used to recognize myself(quite innocently) with the Bhakt Prahalad ( when I was about 5-10 years of age) after watching the movie. I even used to imitate the way he talks in the movie, the way his gait used to be. I even remember having a dream of seeing Prahalad, not some story in the movie but which I used to feel and then alas I realize that it was a dream!!! πŸ˜†

Here is an amazing scene in the movie that I post below where Prahalad speaks about the importance of surrendering to Lord. It is an awesome Bhajan by Prahalad with a superb prelude. I give the translation of the words as there are no english sub-titles for the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhWBcR2FgTg

Prahlada: Friends, why do you waste your time with these useless games. It is so hard to get the birth of a human. Human life is limited to 100 years. half of it is gone in sleep. 20 years is gone in formative stages of life. In the remaining 30 years, human-being suffers to Arishadvargas such as Kaam, Krodh etc. That's why without wasting one's time, doing Hari-bhajan is the ultimate thing.
Prahlada : There is nothing sweeter than Hari namam. ( The names of Lord Hari/Krishna).
boy1 : Why not ? We have human flesh.. ( everyone laughs)
boy2 : who is Hari ?

Prahlada : Lord Narayana
boy3 : Does He have two names?

Prahlada : not just two. He has infinite names.
boy4 : why does He have so many names ?
boy5 : If He has only one name, His mother might forget it. by the way, who is his mother ?

Prahlada : He does not have a mother.
boy6 : what about father ?
Prahlada : He does not have father.
boy7: Then how did He take birth ?
Prahlada : He? doesnt have a birth. (Meaning He is ever? existing.)
boy8: He is surely a strange person. We have to see? him. Which place does he belong to? Where does he live?
Prahlada : He is omnipresent. He lives everywhere. There is no place where he doesn't exist.
boy9: Then how can we see Him?
Prahlada : With sincere devotion,if you pray Him,you can see Him.
boy10: How to do that?
Prahlada: Repeat after me..
Om Namo Narayanaya!!!  Om Namo Narayanaya!!!  Om Namo Narayanaya!!!
Narayana Mantram SrimanNarayana Bhajanam

Natha hare sri natha hare... Natha hare jagannatha hare...πŸ‘
Natha hare jagannatha hare...  πŸ‘πŸ‘
Natha hare jagannatha hare...
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
πŸ‘πŸ‘

Another great song from the movie which is very amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNrhgJOdOjg&feature=related

No translation will be needed for enjoying this.

Edited by esrujan - 12 years ago
Jyotimena thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
My fav mythology is greek,so my fav are-
1.percy jackson and the lightning thief
2.clash of the titans
3.thor(i like norse mytho too)
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: akki-rockstar

movie????

Legend of Prince Rama...
my all time fvt,
watched it more than 100 times..

and MARUTI MERA DOST...gajab movie...

n there is a movie of Nagarjun..donno its exact name..i watched it in hindi dubbed...that was osm too..

i luv JAI MAA SANTOSHI movie a lot...

Do you mean Annamayya?