hi tanya
awesome update
after so long
thanx for pm
waiting for more updates
tonyahk thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Hi buddies,

Thank you so much for the lovely comments. in order to move the story faster, today i am giving MULTIPLE  updates. It is lil bit difficult for me to send PMs many times. that is why i am making my updates lengthy one in order reduce the number of PMs. Hope you won't get tired.  Please let me know if i drag the story too much.

Part 6

Someone rings the door bell. Geet stops laughing; turns toward the door and stares at it with fear.

GEET: hey babaji! has the pimp come here also?

Geet is too scared to open the door. the door bell keeps ringing. She gathers some courage and goes close to the door and asks

GEET: kaun hai?

No reply from outside

GEET: kaun hai wahan?

Voice: main hoon

Geet is relieved and opens the door. Jugnu mama is standing there

Geet:  aap bhi na mamaji! why didn't you tell it is you?

Jug: oye puttar! Spies never disclose their identity

Geet rolls her eyes

Jugnu mama goes to his room and starts to pack his bag. Geet follows him to the room and she is confused to see mamaji packing

Geet: mamaji! are you going somewhere?

Jug: haan Geetu! Immediately I have to leave for Hoshiarpur

GEET: kyun?

Jug: A Hoshiarpur girl has eloped from her house to marry her Delhi boyfriend in Amritsar. Jugnu is going to investigate the case

As Geet didn't know that Lachi is from Hoshiarpur, she didn't realise mamaji is talking about Lachi.

Geet: but already she is in Amritsar na? then why should you go to Hoshiarpur?

Jug: putar! Every investigation should start from the root cause. Isliye main Hoshiarpur jaraha hun

Geet: but what will you do in Hoshiarpur while the girl is in Amritsar?

Jug: i will wait for her to come back from Amritsar

Geet: what if she never comes back?

Jug: i can't disclose my secret plan

Geet rolls her eyes

Jugnu mama has finished his packing

Jug: teek hai putar. Khayal rakhna. Main jar aha hun

Geet: when will you come back?

Jug; depends on when the eloped girl comes back to her home

Geet is scared to stay alone. She thinks that maan may come at any time. she tries to stop mamaji from going to Hoshiarpur

Geet: don't go mamaji...please...i am scared to be alone

Mamaji becomes emotional. He drops his bag on the floor

Jug:  putar! You are not supposed to be scared of anything

Geet stares at mamaji

Jug: After all that happened in your life, you have become very brave and strong.. Hai na putar?

Geet gets emotional and tears gather in her eyes. she is lost in some thoughts

GEET: (st) no mamaji!  i am not strong as mush as i seem to be. I am still the same geet who loved to be pampered by her parents.  i am still the same geet who loved to live in the protective shell created by her parents. how come it was possible for them to leave me alone in this world? i miss them... i miss them a lot

Jugnu mama notices the sadness in geet's face and he understands what geet must be thinking

Jug: geetu...

Mamaji's voice braings Geet out of her chain of thoughts

Geen: haan mamaji

Jug: are you missing your parents?

Geen; hmmm

Jug;  you only said na putar...you still feel your parents presence in each and every brick of this house... you feel their smile and love in each and every part of this house. hai na putar?

G; haan

Jug; they will always be with you geetu. tu ghabrayi math

GEET: hmmm

Mamaji didn't feel like leaving geet alone

Jug; putar! I don't want to leave...

Geet didn't want to spoil mamaji's mood. she tries to be normal and she fakes a smile

G: mamaji! main bilkul teek hu. it is getting late for you. aap jayiye

Jug; par beta...

GEET: mamaji! main Geet Handa hu...i can manage everything

Jug: i will come soon putar

Geet smiles at him

GEET: take care mamaji

Jug: haan putar

Mamaji leaves. Geet closes the door behind and starts to look around the house

GEET:  maa...paaa...can you hear me?

She walks to a wall and leans against it and closes her eyes

GEET:  you both promised na...you will always be with me. then why did you leave me alone? I miss you

Geet caresses the wall with her fingers and cries

GEET:  can you feel your daughter's touch?  

Tears roll down her cheeks

GEET:  maa...paa...do you know what happened to me today?

Geet recalls whatever happened in the Distrcit Court

GEET: today, your daughter got married to a pimp...did you hear me...haan! a pimp married me and he is trying to kidnap me. He may come here at any moment. i don't know what to do. i am scared.

Geet slides along the wall and sits down on the floor; leans back on the wall and cries uncontrollably.

GEET: Maa...Paa...can you hear your little angel's cries?

Romeo (Geet's pet dog) comes to her and caresses her hand with his snout as if he wants to comfort her. Geet hugs Romeo and cries more.

On the other side...

Maan goes to the address mentioned in the marriage certificate. To his dimay maan finds out that it is not geet's address but the peon of the marriage office. the peon informs maan that chandu has given the peon's address as the bride's address. Maan is super duper angry on chandu

Maan: (st) chandu has faked the address also. Definitely he is having a hand in this marriage conspiracy. His crime rate keeps increasing. I will not leave that idiot

Maan thinks that the Peon must know the whereabouts of Chandu

MAAN: where is Chandu?

Peon:  mujhe patha nahi sir

MAAN: don't try to defend him. woh tumareliye acha nahi hoga

Peon is really scared

Peon: sir! i am telling the truth. Really i don't know where Chandu is. I even tried to contact his mobile. but the marriage officer is attending the call. the MO is having Chandu's mobile

MAAN: you are not lying to me. are you?

Peon: sir! please trust me. if i get any information about Chandu, i will inform you

Maan gives his mobile number to the peon

MAAN: this is my number

Peon: ji sir

Maan turns around to leave

Peon: ek minute Sir

Maan stops

Peon: sir! i don't think that Chandu would have helped that girl in this marriage. Chandu is an innocent man. You must know him better than me. Chandu will never betray his employer. Chandu really loved Lachi and wanted to marry her.

Maan thinks that there is some truth in the Peon's words about Chandu.  Maan knows that Chandu's is a very loyal employee.

Peon: Moreover, that Geet also seems to be a good girl. I don't think she would have done all these things deliberately.

Maan leaves the place silently.

Maan gets into his car and closes his eyes

Maan: (st) now how will i search for geet? i don't know anything about her except her name. somehow i have to find out her. par kaise?

Maan ignites his car and starts to search for geet in some random places. But he couldn't find her anywhere. It is almost night 9 pm and he is completely exhausted.  As he didn't eat anything since morning, he is very tired.

Maan didn't know what to do next. He parks his car on the side of the road and closes his eyes to take some rest.

After few seconds his mobile rings. Maan opens his eyes and checks the caller name. The call is from a landline number with Amritsar STD code

Maan: (st) call from Amritsar number? Who could it be? Is it from Geet? does she know my number?

Maan's heart beats rush up. he attends the call immediately

M: hello!!

It is Adi on the line.

Adi: maan sir! main Adi bol rahan hu

Maan is little bit disappointed that the call is not from Geet. He couldn't understand what is happening to him.

Adi is confused by the silence at Maan's end

Adi: maan sir...

Maan comes out of the trance

MAAN: haan bolo Adi! did you find out Chandu and Sardarji?

Adi: i couldn't sir

Maan sighs

Adi: sir! actually i called Chandu's mobile, but some Chopra is attending the call.

Maan: ufff...Chopra, the marriage officer..

Adi: but sir why is he having Chandu's mobile?

Maan: leave it adi. where are you now?

Adi: sir...now i am back at District Court

MAAN: tum ek kam karo. book two rooms in the hotel that is nearest to the district court and wait for me threre. Main abhi aatha hu

Adi: ji sir

Maan cuts the call and drives towards the hotel.

Continued on Next post...

Edited by tonyahk - 12 years ago
tonyahk thumbnail
Part 7

After few minutes...

Maan reaches the hotel and Adi is waiting for him at the hotel lobby. Seeing Maan, Adi comes to him.

MAAN: have you booked the rooms?

Maan and Adi walks into the room.  maan sits down on the sofa and drinks some water

Adi: kya hua sir? did you find geet's home?

Maan: no Adi! Chandu has given the Peon's address as Geet's

Adi: par kyun sir?

Maan: wo hi tho mujhe bhi samaj nahi aaraha hai adi?

Adi: ab hum kya karenge sir?

Maan: somehow i have to contact her

Maan takes his mobile out and opens geet's photo in it and he starts to think staring at the photo. Adi also notices geet's photo in maan's mobile. suddenly an idea pops up in his mind

Adi: haan sir!!! mere pas ek super idea hai

Maan: batao

Adi: sir! we have Geet's photo na...let us give a 'Missing' advertisement in newspaper

Maan: Kya?

Adi: haan sir! if we give a Missing advertisement with Geet's photo, whoever sees her will inform us. There is also possibility that Geet herself will come directly to the newspaper office in order to fight with them for publishing the advertisement

Maan: but what will you write in the advertisement?

Adi: something like " wife is missing. Anyone who gives information about the above person will be rewarded suitably"

Maan: but i don't want to call Geet as my wife

Adi: sir...if you don't want Geet to be your wife, then let her be my...

Maan mistakes that Adi's is trying to say that let Geet to be the latter's wife. Maan is super duper angry. He feels like killing Adi with his bare hands.

Maan: (shouts) let her be your what?

Maan himself didn't know why he couldn't hear someone taking Geet's name

Adi is scared to death by maan's shouting

Adi: sir woh...

Maan is not yet calmed down. He says in a warning tone.

Maan: behave yourself adi. wohi tumareliye acha hoga

Adi tries to clear the misunderstanding

Adi: sir...aap mujhe galat samaj rahe hai...i just wanted to say that let geet be my sister and we will give the Missing advertisement accordingly

Finally Maan correctly understands what Adi was trying to say

Maan: iska matlab...will you give the advertisement saying that Geet is your sister

Adi: haan sir! but there is no need to give my name in the advertisement... we will just give the advertisement something like, "my dear sister, please come back soon. your beloved brother is missing you. anyone who gives information about the above person will be rewarded suitably."

Maan: adi! if you don't give your name in the advertisement, geet will think that i am the one who gave the advertisement. She is already calling me "Bhai shaab". What will she do after reading the the words 'my dear sister' and 'your beloved brother' ?

Adi: (st) actually, what is maan sir's problem? He neither wants geet to be his wife nor he wants her to call him bhai saab?

Maan:  tum yesa kya soch raha ho?

Adi is too scared to tell his selfthoughts to Maan. so he hides it from maan

Adi: kuch nahi sir. i will give the advertisement with my name.

Maan: hmm

Adi: sir...give me geet's photo. i have a friend in the local press. I will contact him and give the Missing advertisement tonight itself so that it will be published in tomorrow's newspapers

Maan gives his mobile to adi

Maan: Geet's photo is in the mobile. Take a print out from this.

Maan thinks that dadima or Nayantara will call his mobile and ask him about Pari. So he instructs Adi to not attend any incoming calls

Maan:  if someone calls my mobile, don't attend the call

Adi receives Maan's mobile and turns to leave the room

Maan: ek minute Adi

Adi stops and turns to Maan

Maan walks to Adi and gives his car key

Maan: go by my car

Adi takes the car key from maan and leaves the room

Maan closes the door behind; comes to the bed and falls flat on it and closes his eyes.

Maan recalls whatever happened since the morning. Geet's face keeps flashing in Maan's mind. he didn't feel like opening his eyes. He tries to get some sleep and dosses off.

After an hour, Maan wakes up from his sleep. suddenly some thought comes to his mind. he immediately opens his eyses with a jerk and gets up from the bed

Maan: ye maine kya kardiya? i agreed to publish Geet's photo in newspaper.  What if some one misuse the advertisement and gives trouble to Geet?

Maan runs his fingers through his hair

Maan: (st) this is wrong maan! You are risking geet's safety and life. how can you do this to a girl?

Maan is upset by his behaviour

Maan: no...i have to stop Adi from giving the advertisement

Maan calls his mobile from the hotel landline. But Adi is not picking the call. Maan is more tensed

Maan: yeh Adi bhi na? he is strictly following my instructions. He is not even attending my call

Maan repeatedly tries Adi's number. But the latter is not piking again. Maan runs to the hotel reception

Maan: (to the receptionist) excuse me! i want a cab immediately

Receptionist: sir! please wait for 10 minutes

Maan: it is very urgent... i want the cab right now

Receptionist: but sir now time is 11 pm. at this time, it is not easy to get...

Maan is too impatient to listen to the receptionist. He runs to the hotel entrance gate and enquires the security

Maan: security! Did you see a black BMW car leaving the hotel about an hour back?

Security: sir! many cars are leaving the hotel evey minute. I can't remember them all

Maan: it is a black BMW car. Try to recall...

Security: no sir...i don't remember anything

Maan sighs

Maan: teek hai. can i get a cab here?

Security points to a place

Security: there is a taxi stand

Maan runs toward the taxi stand and hires a taxi

Maan: woh...take me to a local newspaper office

Driver: which newspaper office?

Maan: the largest selling newspaper in Amritsar

Driver: i don't know whichone is the largest selling newspaper

Maan rolls his eyes

Maan: ask someone

The driver goes and asks some fellow taxi drivers and comes back after few seconds

Driver: patha chalgaya sir

Maan:now get there soon

Driver starts the taxi and rushes it towards the newspaper office

After driving for about half an hour, the driver stops the car in front of a newspaper office. but maan couldn't find his car. He gets down from the taxi, runs to the reception and enquires about Adi. Maan is disappointed to know that adi didn't go there. maan wonders to which newspaper he would have gone. He couldn't get any clue. So maan decides to search for adi in all the newspaper office. he gets back to the taxi and starts to search for adi.

Maan: (st) what if they finish printing the advertisement before i find out Adi?  i have to stop the advertisement at any cost

Almost 2 hours have passed. Now time is about 1 pm. but 

Maan couldn't find Adi. after an hour, finally maan spots 

his car infront of a building. He asks the taxi driver to 

stop the taxi, jumps out of it and runs to his car. But adi 

was not inside the car. Maan looks around the surrounding 

and notices a newspaper office at some distance. 

Immediately he runs to the office. 

Continued on next post...

tonyahk thumbnail
Part 8

When maan is about to enter the newspaper office, adi comes out of it. maan runs to him and holds him by his shoulder.

Maan: adi! have you given the advertisement for publishing?

Adi is shocked to see maan breathing heavily and his hair all messy.

Adi: maan sir! aap teek tho hena?

Maan: have you given the advertisement?

Adi: haan sir! they have even printed it. i wanted to make sure that they publish it in tomorrow's newspaper itself. That is why i was here until the priniting is finished. The advertisement has come up well sir.

Adi gives a copy of the nextday's newspaper

Adi: here is the specimen copy sir

Maan reads the advertisement and keeps staring at Geet's photo in it;

Adi: maan sir! koi problem hai kya?

Maan rubs his forehead

Maan: adi! we have to stop the advertisement from publishing

Adi confused

Adi: lekhin kyun sir?

Maan: this advertisement may endanger geet's life

Adi: sir! i couldn't understand  anything

Maan: adi! there is no time to talk. Now ask your friend to stop circulating this paper

Adi: but sir...

Maan: where is your friend? I will talk to him

Adi takes maan to his friend. On the way to adi's friend room, Maan notices that soem men are loading the newspapers into trucks. Maan is more agitated.

Maan: adi! i will wait here. you bring your friend here

Aadi leaves. Maan starts to watch around carefully to make sure that no truck leaves the bulding. After few seconds, Adi comes there with his friend.

Adi: maan sir! he is my friend Manoj

Maan turns to them

Maan: Mr. Manoj! I want to stop the circulation of tomorrow's paper

Manoj stares at maan with confusion

Manoj: matlab?

Maan: to be preicise, i don't want that Missing advertisement to be published tomorrow

Manoj: we have finished priniting it sir. we have also packed them and right now we are loading them into the trucks for circulation. We can't do anything at this point

Maan is annoyed

Maan: what do you mean by 'you can't do anything'?

Manoj turns to adi

Manoj: yaar adi! ye kya tamasha hai? you only urged me to publish the missing advertisement in tomorrow newspaper itself. i even cancelled some other important news inorder to give space to this advertisement. After everything has been finished, your boss is asking me to cancel the circulation of the newspapers. I don't understand anything

When adi is about to say something, a truck is being ignited and driven towards the exit. Maan is shocked. he shouts immediately

Maan: stop the truck...stop the truck

The truck driver applies break and peeps his head out of the truck and looks at Maan's direction

Manoj: (to the truck driver) arey chotu! Why did you stop the truck? It is getting late for circulation. Jaldi nikalo

Again the truck driver starts the truck and drives it towards the exit but keeps looking back at maan's direction

Maan is super duper angry. He shouts at Manoj

Maan:  yeh tum kya kar raha ho? now ask the driver to stop the truck

Manoj: woh nahi ho saktha sir

Maan grabs manoj's shirt cholar, pulls him close to him and shouts at him

Maan: tum ne suna nahi maine kya kaha? Now stop the truck...warna...

Manoj is scared

Manoj: adi! tell your boss to leave me

Adi is watching the happenings with horror. Maan is still holding manoj by his cholar

Maan: (shouts more loudly) ask the driver to stop the truck

By raising his hand in the air, Manoj gestures the driver to stop the truck and the driver stops the truck immediately

Maan is relieved. He releases Manoj's cholar from his hold

Manoj: dekhiye sir! i can't stop the circulation. If i don't send them for circulation, my boss will fire me. please try to understand my situation

Maan: i will talk to your boss. Take me to him

Manoj: sir! he has left for his house

Maan: give me his phone number...i will talk to him

Manoj: sir! by this time, he would have slept

Maan:  (in a stern voice) give me his phone number

Not wanting to again confront Maan, Manoj silently gives his boss's number to him

Maan: what is his name?

Manoj:  Sharma

Maan: adi! give me my mobile

Adi hands over maan's mobile back to him.

Maan tries the number of the newspaper owner. After many rings, the owner attends the call

Maan:  hello Mr. Sharma! Main Maan SinghKhurana bol raha hu.

Sharma: kaun?

Maan: Maan Singh Khurana...the Managing Director of Khurana Constructions

Sharma: Managing Director of Khurana Constrctions...matlab...you are Shavitri Devi's grandson?

Maan: hmmm

Sharma: i and your dadima are classmates in college...we...

Maan cuts him short

Maan: Mr. Sharma, i need to talk about an urgent matter. Please come to your office immediately. I am talking from there only

Sharma: you are in my office? par bath kya hai?

Maan: i am waiting. Come immediately.

Maan cuts the call.

Manoj: sir! is my boss coming?

Maan; hmm... until he comes, no truck should leave the building. ask all drivers to get down from the trucks

Manoj asks them to get down.

Maan: adi!

Maan: collect all the truck keys from them

(OMG!!!! MSK!!! you are behaving as if you are the Don of Delhi)

Adi collects the truck keys

tonyahk thumbnail
Part 9

After few minutes, the newspaper owner Mr. Sharma comes there and he is shocked to see that all trucks are still standing in the building. He shouts at Manoj

Sharma: oye Manoj! What the hell is happening here? why the newspapers are still here?

Manoj silently stares at Maan

Maan: is he your boss?

Manoj nodes

Maan walks to Mr. Sharma and stretches his out hand to him

Maan: hello Mr. Sharma...i am Maan Singh Khurana

Mr. Sharma shakes Maan's hand

Sharma: hello Mr. Khurana.

Maan shows the advertisement to Sharma and starts to explain

Maan: dekhiye Mr. Sharma, this girl's name is Geet...

Adi is shocked thinking that maan is going to tell about the marriage

Maan: Geet is the younger sister of Adi who works in my office. today morning, geet went missing. So we gave the advertisement. Later we realised that the advertisement may endanger her life. so we wanted to cancel the advertisement. But before that your people printed it...

Adi: (st) acha...Maan sir is very smart. He will never tell anyone that Geet is his wife

Maan finishes the entire story.

Maan: please Mr. Sharma...do something...Geet's photo should not come in the paper

Mr. Sharma rubs his forehead and thinks for few seconds

Sharma: i can understand your problem Mr. Khurana...but now it is already 2.30 am...we have to distribut the papers in 2 hours...

Maan: dekhiye Mr. Sharma, i will compensate for whatever loss that occurs in cancelling the circulation of the paper

Sharma: the problem is not about money but it is our reputation which is under stake

Maan thinks for few seconds

Maan: if it is not possible to cancel the circulation of whole paper, you could atleast remove the page in which geet's photo has been printed. Can't you?

Mr. Sharma checks the headlines of other news items that have been printed on the page number 9, which contains Geet's photo and the page number 10 which is on the back of Page 9

Sharma: this page doesn't have much important news...

Maan is little bit relieved

Sharma: but you see Mr. Khurana, already they have loaded the papers on the trucks. Now we have to unload them, remove the particular page from each and every copy. There are around 50 thousand copies. Removing this page from all the 50 thousand copies in such a short time is next to impossible

Maan: in that case, let me buy all the 50 thousand copies

Mr. Sharma, Adi and others are shocked

Sharma: what?

Maan: haan! i will buy all the copies

Sharma: no Mr. Khurana...we can't sell all our papers to one customer...we have to circulate the papers to the public. Otherwise we will lose our customers

Maan: don't tell me that you will lose your customers in one day

Sharma: no Mr. Khurana...

Maan: if you have problem in selling all your newspapers to me, then let me buy your newspaper company itself. how much your company costs?

(hai... Khurana newspapers...we can read daily updates of Maaneet love story...haha. it will promote the newspaper reading habit among the youngster...what an idea sirji!!!)

Mr. Sharma is amazed by the determination of Maan and he decides to help him at any cost

Sharma:  Manoj! Ask the men to unload the papers from the trucks

Manoj: ji sir

Maan is relieved

Sharma: i will arrange for some more men. You co-ordinate them and remove the sheet with page number 9 and 10, from all the copies and then send the rest for circulation as soon as possible

Manoj: ji sir

Maan: thanks Mr. Sharma

Mr. Sharma smiles and calls someone over phone and asks them to send some more men to finish the job in time

The newspapers are being unloaded from the trucks, unpacked and the particular sheet is being removed. Manoj is directing the men. Adi is also helping them. Maan is watching them carefully

Mr. Sharma comes to Maan and puts his hand on Maan's shoulder. Maan turns to him and looks at him questioningly

Sharma: Mr. Khurana! can i ask you something?

Maan: hmm

Sharma: who is that girl?

Maan: who?

Sharma: Geet

Maan: i told you na She is Adi's sister

Sharma: i don't believe it

Maan: matlab?

Sharma: she is someone very special to you for whom you will do anything

Hearing sharma's words Maan's heart skips a beat. but he protests Sharma's words immediately

Maan: yesa kuch nahi hai

Sharma: yesa hi hai Mr. Khurana...you are of my grand son's age...i can understand these things.

When maan is about to say something, Mr. Sharma cuts him short and says

Sharma: i am impressed by your determination to save the dignity of your love. she is very lucky to have you...

Maan: dekhiye Mr. Sharma...yesa...

Again Mr. Sharma cuts him short

Sharma: i am sorry that she went missing. But have faith in your love. your love for her is so pure and  strong and it will bring her back to you

Saying this Mr. Sharma leaves the place without waiting for maan's reply. Maan is dumbstruck by sharma's words.  his words keep echoing in Maan's ears.

Maan: (st) ye mujhe kya horaha hai? main yesa kyun kar raha hun? Why i am so much concerned about geet's safety?

Maan thinks for few seconds and tries to justify his action

Maan: (st)  no maan!  you are not doing anything special for Geet. if it is someother girl also you would have done the same.

Maan is little bit relieved by his self justification

A few feet away, Manoj is talking with Adi

Manoj: yaar Adi! is your boss in love with your sister?

Adi who is also wondering the same, didn't know what to reply

Adi: (st) seeing Maan sir's behaviour i myself am in a confused state. I don't know if he loves geet or hates her

Manoj: oye Adi! why are you being silent? Tell me, is he in love with your sister?

Adi: i don't know

Manoj: but i know for sure

Adi: you know what?

Manoj: your boss is in love with either your sister or you

Adi: (shocked) Kya?

Manoj: haan! to save your sister's dignity he even went to the extent of buying this newspaper company. Pakkaa.. your boss is madly in love with anyone of you

Saying this Manoj leaves the place

After about an hour the job is finished and the newspapers are again loaded on the trucks and sent for circulation. Maan stays there until all the trucks leave the place. Manoj comes to maan

Manoj: aap ka kam hogaya sir

Maan: hmmm

Manoj points to the removed pages and asks maan

Manoj: sir...what should we do with these 50 thousand copies?

Maan also wonders what to do with 50 thousand copies of the page that contains Geet's photo.

Maan: usually what will you do with damaged copies?

Manoj: we will crush them and recycle them

Maan picks up a copy and caresses Geet's photo

Maan: crushing?

Manoj: haan sir

Adi is more confused by maan's behaviour

Manoj whispers in Adi's ear

Manoj: yaar! See how lovingly your boss is caressing your sister's photo. Definitely he is in love with your sister. i bet, he will not let her photo to be crushed. Now see, your boss will ask you to load all the 50 thousand copies in his car dicky

Adi: maan sir! should i load them in your car dicky?

Maan realises that he is caressing geet's photo. he is pissed off by his action. He talks in a stern voice

Maan: put them in Paper crusher

Manoj: (shocked) are you sure sir?

Maan: tum ne suna nahi maine kya kaha? Now do it

Manoj hesitantly directs the men to take those copies to the paper crushing machine. Maan didn't feel like staying there anymore. (may be, he didn't want to see Geet's photos being crushed)

Maan asks adi to stay back and make sure that all the copies are crushed and disposed off.

Maan is driving back to the hotel. He is going through lot of emotions. Something is bothering him. he couldn't understand what is that. he reaches the hotel, comes to his room, falls flat on the bed and closes his eyes. he tries to get some sleep but he miserably fails. After a long struggle, he dosses off.

tonyahk thumbnail
Part 10

Next morning...

Adi comes back to the hotel at 7am. He knocks at maan's room door. no reply from inside. So Adi pushes the door slightly and peeps through it. Maan is still sleeping.

Adi walks inside and goes close to the bed and tries to wake up maan. after few second Maan opens his eyes and gets up from the bed

Maan: when did you come?

Adi: a few minutes back sir

Maan didn't talk anything else. Silece prevails there for few minutes. Adi hesistantly starts to talk

Adi: Maan sir...if you don't mind, can i ask you something?

Maan knew that Adi is going to ask something about Geet. but still he allows him to ask

Maan: poocho

Adi: why are you so concerned about Geet's safety?

As expected, Maan is irritated by this question.

Maan: i am not concerned about anyone

Adi: i don't think so sir

Maan stares at adi questioningly

Adi: sir, your words didn't match whatever you did last night

Maan: adi!!!

Adi: sir! sorry to talk to you like this. but i have to ask you this sir. last night you didn't care about anything including your reputation. All your concerns were about preventing any risk to geet's safety. fortunately the newspaper owner was a classmate of dadima. had it been someone else, they could have even called the police. Had something happened like that your reputation would have been spoiled. But at that time you didn't seem to care about anything. you did everything  for the sake of Geet's safety. kyun sir?

Maan himself didn't know why he did all these. He knows that there is some truth in adi's words. had the newspaper owner called the police, the problem would have taken some ugly turn. Maan is trying to come to in terms with his actions.

Adi reads maan's confused face and tries to bring out what is going on in maan's mind. adi deliberately talks bad about Geet so as to check if maan is getting provoked

Adi: you only said na sir...geet has trapped you into this marriage and she is having some ulterior motives too. If that is true, then she doesn't deserve to be treated with dignity. We should have let the advertisement to ciculate. Then she would have learned her lesson

Maan couldn't stand adi's words about geet

Maan: (shouts) stop it Adi

After getting the result what he wanted, Adi goes silent and he smiles to himself

Maan: adi! we don't have any proof that geet trapped me into this marriage. more over chandu is a very loyal person. He will never betray me. may be, this marriage could really have happened by accident. Geet may be innocent. Now stop saying bad things about her

Adi is internally happy by maan's words.

Adi: sorry sir

After few minutes maan calms down...

Maan: but still i have to search for geet and get her signature in the divorce papers

Adi couldn't understand what maan really wants

Maan: but i don't know how to find her

Some idea flashes in adi's super brain

Adi: sir! mere pas ek super idea hai

Maan: (angry) are you not done with your stupid ideas? I have had enough because of your idea about the missing advertisement.

Adi: sir, sorry for that newspaper idea. But now, really i have a super idea. Trust me

Maan: tum ne suna nahi maine kya kaha. I don't want your ideas. For your kind information i do have brain and i can use it to search for geet

Adi: but sir...

Maan rolls his eyes

Maan: get out adi

Adi turns to leave

Maan; ek minute

Adi stops and turns to maan

Maan: batao

Adi is super duper happy

Adi: sir! let us talk to geet through FM Radio

Maan: i will kill you idiot

Adi: kyun sir? idea tho acha hai

Maan; (sarcastically) oh really?

Adi: sir! please listen to me...

Maan; get out

Adi: sir...please...ek bar sun leejiye

Maan; teek hai bolo

Adi; i know a friend who is working in a local FM Radio. He will help us to talk to geet on FM Radio

Maan is not much impressed by adi's idea

Maan: aage bolo

Adi: sir! geet is thinking that we are pimps. That is why she ran away from us. So we have to clear this misunderstanding first

Maan; tho?

Adi; You should talk to geet on FM Radio and tell her that you are not a pimp

Maan is super duper annoyed by adi's plan

Maan: (sarcastically) wow...what an idea...i , Maan Singh Khurana, the Managing Director of Khurana  Constructions should declare to the world on the FM Radio that i am not a pimp...wow...as you said...it is a superb idea. I am impressed with your brain adi

Adi didn't understand maan's sarcasam. He thanks maan

Adi: thanks for the compliments sir

Maan: acha! Ab tum ek kam karo

Maan: yahan se chali jao

Adi: (innocently) kyun sir?

Maan hits his forehead with his hand

Adi: sir! don't you like my idea?

Maan: adi! use your brain for once. What will people think about me if i say that i am not a pimp?

Adi: but sir! you can't say that you are a pimp either

Maan: i will surely kill you today

Adi goes mute

Maan thinks for few seconds and some idea comes to his mind

Maan: teek hai...make the arrangements for the FM Radio talk

Adi:  really sir?

Maan: haan

Saying this maan, leaves for the bathroom

Adi calls his friend and explains everything to him

tonyahk thumbnail
Part 11

Geet wakes up from her sleep and she is confused to see that she is sleeping on the floor. She looks around. Romeo(Geet's pet dog)  is sleeping next to her. geet tries to recall what happened last night. She recalls her talks with her parents. she recalls how lonely she was, how she was crying, how scared she was about Maan, how romeo tried to comfort her by caressing geet's hand and how she dossed off on the floor.

Geet decides to start her new day afresh.  She kisses Romeo's forehead and gets up from the floor. She rubs her hands against each other and warms her face with them. she opens her eyes and sees her hands. geet notices that her ring is missing from her finger. She is shocked.

Geet: arey! Meri anguti kahan gayi?

Geet looks around the floor and searches for the ring. She couldn't find it anywhere.

Geet: has Romeo swallowed it?

Geet wakes up Romeo

Geet: oye Romeo! wake up ...wake up

Romeo opens his eyes slightly and again closes them.

Geet: oh...mera lazy romeo...now wake up darling...my ring is missing.

Romeo is nowhere listening to Geet. he keeps on enjoying his sleep. Geet separates Romeo's jaws apart and checks for the ring inside his mouth. She couldn't find her ring in the poor romeo's mouth

Geet: the ring is not in romeo's mouth also...where did it go?

Geet tries to recall when she saw her ring last time. she couldn't remember it. she decides to search for her ring on the street. She goes to bath room, washes her face, adjusts her hair and goes to the street in search of the ring. She keeps scanning the ground while walking through the street.

A passer by lady asks: arey Geet putar! Tum sadak pe yesa kya doond rahi ho?

Geet: aunty ji! Meri anguti kho gayi.

Lady: where did you miss it?

Geet: i don't know

Lady: putar...now a days, people have become very bad. By this time someone would have found your ring and taken them with them. you will never get your ring back

Geet is worried

Geet: nahi aunty ji! Yesa math kehdeejiye! The ring is my parents' last gift to me.  i won't lose it at any cost

Lady: i can understand Geetu. but the things once got lost in the streets are lost forever

Saying this, the lady leaves

But Geet didn't lose her confidence. She strongly believes that she will get back her ring

Geet: (st) my parents' love will bring that ring back to me. i know, right now my ring must be in safe hands. i will get it back

When Geet is about to go back to home, she notices that there is a crowd surrounding a petty shop which belongs to her neighbour Govind

Geet: (st) arey! What is going on there on Govind bhaiya's shop?

Geet runs to the shop

Some people are shouting something like," where is the missing pages...are you trying to fool us...blah blah..

Geet sneaks through the crowd and comes close to Govind who is trying to calm down the crowd

Govind: (to the crowd) dekhiye...aaram se mere bath suniye...i didn't do anything...it came like this only

Some FM Radio is playing in Govind's shop. But no one cares to listen to it. all are busy in their fight.

Geet notices that there is a newspaper in everyone's hand

A man from the crowd tries to hit Govind. Geet holds the man's hand and stops him from beating Govind

Geet:  (shouts) bhai shaab! stop it...why are you trying to attack Govind bhaiya? what did he do?

Man: oye geetu! you stay out of this. don't support this fraud

Govind hides behind Geet and talks with fear

Govind: Geetu! i didn't do any wrong...

Man: oye don't lie

Geet: chup bilkul chup

All of them are going silent

Geet: ab batayiye...baath kya hai?

All of them talk in Chorus  and geet couldn't understand anything. she again shouts

Geet: chup...one  at a time

A man starts to explain what happened

Man: geetu! i bought a newspaper from Govind's shop

Geet: is mein kya problem hai?

Man: 2 pages are missing from the paper

Geet: kya?

Man: haan! page numbers 9 and 10 are missing . you check for yourself

The man gives a newspaper to geet. she checks thepaper. Page numbers 9 and 10 are missing from it

Geet: bhai shaab! The newspaper company would have missed to include these two pages in your copy. You get another copy from Govind Bhaiya

Man: it is impossible. I am reading this newspaper for 25 years. Nothing like this happened ever.

Geet; tho?

Man; i doubt that Govind has stolen these two pages?

Geet: Govind bhaiya would not do like that

Other people start to shout in chorus: Govind has stolen two pages from our newspapers also

Geet turns to Govind

Geet: ye kya horaha hai Govind bhaiya?

Govind: patha nahi Geetu! i didn't do anything. i just sold the newspaper as usual. But these people are complaining that two pages are missing from their paper.

Geet: have you sold all the copies?

Govind; no...i still have 5 copies.

Geet: where are they?

Govind gives the remaining five copies to Geet. She checks them and she is surprised to see that Page 9 and 10 are missing from them also. geet comes to a conclusion that the newspaper must have printed the page numbers wrongly. She starts to explain to the crowd..

Geet: now all of you listen to me carefully. Page number 9 and 10 are missing in all the copies. It means, the newspaper publishing house would have numbered the pages wrongly leaving number 9 and 10. Govind bhaiya doesn't have anything to do with this. the mistake would have happened in the newspaper office itself, because of some idiot.

(oye Geet! whom you are calling idiot?😕)

The Crowd murmers among them and leaves the place : yesa bhi hota hai kya?...kya din aa gaya..

Govind is relieved and he thanks geet

Govind; thank you so much geetu. Hadn't you come in right time, these people would have killed me

(buddies, just imagine the state of the entire newpaper sellers  in Amritsar over the mystery of the missing pages..poor souls...thanks to Maan Singh Khurana and Geet Handa. Ye donon milkar, poori Amritsar ko pagal kardenge...lol)

Geet: koi bath nahi bhaiya! ab main jaa rahi hun

Geet turns to leave the shop, but she is stopped by the Govind

Govind: ek minute Geetu...can you take care of the shop for few minutes? I have to bring some things from home

Geet: teek hai bhaiya! jaldi wapas ayiye. I have to get ready for my college

Govind agrees and leaves the place. Geet looks around the shop and sits down on a chair

The FM Radio is still playing...

FM Radio RJ: hai folks!  you are listening to 143 FM Radio and this is your RJ Aashish...today in the programme "Speak Your Love", we have a very sweet husband who is very hot and cute... unfortunately his wife had a fight with him and left him yesterday and he is searching for her, he is missing her like anything...and now he is going to talk to his wife...

( Buddies, Adi has deliberately written the above introduction about Maan and Geet and gave it to the RJ Aashish. The RJ has also added some extra things to make it sound so emotional. Maan protests the above words. but the Adi and Aashish duo convinces Maan saying that then only people will listen to this programme...especially young girls like Geet. finally maan reluctancly agrees for these words)

Geet looks at the FM Radio and starts to listen to it carefully. She didn't know why she is showing interest in listening to that programme

Maan hesitantly starts to talk..

Maan talks on FM Radio: Geet...

Maan pauses for few seconds

Hearing Maan's voice Geet's heart skips a beat.

Geet: (st) ye aawaz?

Maan continues...

Maan:  Geet! this is Maan. Your...

Maan didn't know what to say next...he again pauses

Geet: (st) Maan? is it really him?

After few seconds maan starts to talk again

Maan: hope you remember me

Geet recalls maan's face

Maan: geet...i hope you are listening to me from somewhere

Geet keeps listening carefully

Maan: i just wanted to tell you that i am not what you are thinking about me

Geet: (st) is he not a pimp?

Maan: you have misunderstood everything

Geet: (st) but that Adi said na he is a Pimp

Maan: yesterday, whatever happened between us was not planned by me

Geet: (st) is he talking about our marriage?

Maan: if we cooperate with each other, we can come out of the trouble that we both are in

Geet: (st) is he talking about coming out of the wedlock?

Maan: if you trust me, call me before this programme ends. The phone number is 9143143143

Geet: (st) should i trust him?

The RJ takes over from Maan

RJ: hai folks! Just now we heard a loving husband appealing to his wife to come back to him. let us wait and see if the lucky wife of this sweet husband calls him or not. We will hope for the best...stay tuned...here comes a beautiful love song for you...

The RJ plays a song,

"Tu hi meri hai saari jameen, Chaahe kahin se chalu tujhape hi aake ruku

Tere siwa main jaaun kahan koyi bhi raah chunu tujhape hi aake ruku

tum mile toh lamhe...

Through out the song, Maan and Geet are going through various emotions.

Geet couldn't decide whether to trust maan's words or not.

Geet: (st) what should i do babaji? i am confused. I don't know whether to trust him or not. Is it his next move to kidnap me? i don't know what to do now. should i talk to him? madad karna babaji

Maan is thinking whether geet will be listening to this program and will she call him...

Maan: (st) will geet be listening to this programme. if she listens, will she call and talk to me? why i am expecting her to trust me?

After thinking for many times, Geet picks up the phone receiver in her hand and looks around to check if someone is present in the audible distance. After making sure that no one is around, geet dials the number

The song ends...

RJ: just now you listened to a beautiful love song from the movie Tum Mile. today in our studio, a loving husband is anxiously waiting for his wife's call...a caller is coming on the line...let us see...is it Mr. Maan's wife or someone else...

Maan's heart beats rushes up

RJ: hello...

Caller: hello!

Maan hears a lady voice, but he is disappointed by the voice. It's not geet's voice

RJ: hello! Boliye...can i have your name please?

Caller: Payal here. i want to talk to Mr. Maan

RJ: yaa sure Payal...Mr. Maan is here...you can talk to him right away...

Payal: hello Mr. Maan!

Maan didn't reply

Payal: hello...can you hear me?

RJ: yes Payal...we are listening to you...please go ahead

Payal: Mr. Maan, you sound very sweet. I am sure you must be a loving and caring husband. your love is true and you will definitely get your wife back. don't worry... she can not stay away from you for too long...she will come back to you. i am sure she will call you before the programme ends. All the very best...

Maan didn't know how to react. He didn't feel like giving any reply to Payal.

Geet also didn't know how to react.

RJ: that is so sweet of you Payal. Thanks for calling...have a nice day

Payal; thanks

RJ: ok...folks...just now we had Payal on the line and she is so confident about the reunion of Mr.Maan and his wife Geet...i also hope for the same...

Though both maan and geet knew that whatever people talking about them on the radio is not true, both are silently listening to them. they didn't  know what is happening to them.

Adi tries to read Maan's reactions to the happenings. But Maan is a master in hiding his emotions. So adi miserably fails in his attempt.

Like this, many callers call the FM Radio and wish Maan that he will get his wife back.

Geet keeps trying to call the FM Radio number. But the telephone line is continuously engaged.

RJ: Ok...friends, now we are close to the end of the programme " Speak Your Love". unfortunately Mr. Maan's wife is yet to call our studio...we have one last caller...let us see if it is Mrs. Maan...

RJ attends the call...

RJ: hello good morning...may i know who is on the line?

Caller: hello! This is Chopra.

Maan: (st) Chopra? Is he the marriage officer?

Geet: (st) Chopra? Somewhere i have heard this name. but where?

RJ:  yes Mr. Chopra...welcome to the programme

Chopra: I want to say something to both Mr. Maan and his wife Geet

RJ: yes Mr. Chopra go on...

Chopra: Mr. Maan and Mrs. Geet, i hope you both remember me. i just want to remind you whatever i said to you yesterday..." Marriages are made in heaven and your's is not an exception". Hope, you both will get united very soon

Geet: (st) haan...he is the Marriage officer

RJ: thanks for calling Mr. Chopra...i think you are a well wisher of Mr. Maan and his wife...lets hope for the best...have a nice day sir

Chopra: thank you Aashish

RJ: ok...folks...this programme ends here...we didn't get any call from Mr. Maan's wife.. ...but we are sure that soon she will come back to him...Mr. Maan! all the very best and thanks for coming here

Maan: i want to say something

RJ: yeh sure

Maan: Geet! i still believe that you are listening to this programme. i don't know why you didn't call me. may be you are scared to trust me...but anyhow...i am still left with some belief that you will change your opinion about me...and till this noon, i will be waiting for you in the place where we met for the first time... if you trust me come and meet me there...Good bye...

Geet almost feels like crying. She couldn't decide whether to belive maan's words or not. On one hand she is scared of being kidnapped by a pimp. On the others hand, some part of her heart begs her to trust maan's words. She is totally helpless. She decides to again try the FM Radio number

When Geet is about to call the FM radio again, Govind comes back to the shop. Seeing Govind, geet hangs down the receiver.

Govind; Geetu! thanks for taking care of the shop. Sorry thoda late hogaya

Geetu: koi bath nahi bhaiya

Geet looks at the FM Radio for the last time and leaves the shop.

Geet comes back to her house and sits down on the sofa. Romeo is still sleeping. She looks around the house and bursts into tears

Geet: Maa...Paa...what should i do now? can you see your daughter's plight? Should i trust him or not? Why this is happening to me?

Precap: Maan is waiting for Geet at the District Court

basicquestion1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
all of the updates were enjoyable but the fm call was the cherry on top.
thanx for the timely pm n a lovely long read.
allibr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome updates
loved it
plz continue soon...