Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: stars4u

Dont know whether amrita converted to islam or not but in one article it was mentioned that saif told her to go through only nikaah ...

In 1991, Saif Ali Khan had nikaah, Islamic wedding, with a 12 years older actress Amrita Singh2. For his marriage preference, it has been quoted3, "Saif had clearly told Amrita that she had to fall in line and go through only a nikaah. Very nawabi when it comes to the crux." A nikaah for a Hindu or Sikh means religious conversion to Islam by Shahadah oath and given a Muslim name (Amrita's Muslim name is not known). In 2004 Amrita and Saif decided to separate, and eventually had a talaak. The children with Middle Eastern names, Sara and Ibrahim, are now with their mother, while Saif started courting with an Italian girlfriend Rosa Catalano. It is not clear if religion played any role in disagreements for this couple leading to their divorce.

Considering they coudlnt get the age difference between Amrita nad saif right, how reliable is this piece?
COntrary to  popular belief, saif and amrita were about 6 to 7 years apart. In amrita's own words.
Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
And another reason I dont see Kareena & Saif getting a nikaah done is there common use of the line "Marriage is just a piece of paper for us".
I mean they've been living togehter for years now without marriage. That's hardly "religious" in any context.
I also think one of the two, when asked, let slip, something about a court marriage. In the same interview Likarsh referenced, Saif also brought up the Special Marriage Act that allows interreligious marraige without conversion.

As for Kareena...I'm not too sure. She does strike me as someone who's very proud of her identity, lineage, last name (hence wanting to be called Kareena KAPOOR Khan), but at the same time, she's also the type who kinda puts her man before anything and everything. Takes on his identity and traits sometimes. And also, she doesnt come across as very religious to begin wtih that she would mind a different religious ceremony.
TBH, if left no other choice, I can see Kareena agreeing to a nikaah. Becuase during the intial years when asked about what kind fo ceremony, she said "whatever the families decide together".
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

Originally posted by: desigal90

Theatre, in Islam, one cannot marry a non-muslim.

Muslim men can marry Christians or Jews, but other than that, you have to convert in order to have a nikaah.

When Sharmila married Tiger, Tiger was an official nawaab of that region. ANd he was told that unless he wants to lose his title, he needs to marry a muslim woman. So Sharmila went throug a conversion (atleast on paper).  She was given the name Ayesha.

I'm nto sure if the same goes for Saif since titles were abolished in the 70s, a year after Saif's birth. I think even this "crowning" is just for tradition's sake.

Personally, Saif's not religious at all and doesnt believe in conversion for marriage. I mean, he married Amrita, and she remained a sikh.

This is true, and have heard the same. Yet thats up to them.

@desu have question so will he no longer be chota Nawab and be called what?😲😳
Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago
simran1285 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PandorasBox

I don't get why it's the woman who always convert and changes her ways for the man. Kareena doesn't seem like the independent type to stick to her identity and would probably convert within a sec if it appeased Saif. I get the daddy-complex from her. She had issues with her own father and is very impressionable. She craves acceptance and love from an older man-figure, which she finds in her bf Saif. This dependency usually doesn't work out in the end.

I knew a girl who was in a relationship where the man had asked her to convert because he was the man and she would have to leave her family and live with him. I am so glad that they are no longer together and she never converted.

Sucks that when it comes to sacrifices; especially converting only the woman is looked at. Personally I find it wrong. I knew an elderly lady who was a born sikh and converted to marry a muslim, when her husband died she converted back to sikhism, we all knew she converted for the man, NOT the religion or the its beliefs and that is shameful on HER part because she disrespected both religions. I can only blame her for being so weak and converting for the sake of a man. I think god would have been happier had she stuck to being heself.
desigal90 thumbnail
Guys this is NOT a women issue here.
The issue arises due the fact that a muslim (man or woman) cannot marry a non-muslim (with slight exceptions to the man if the woman is either Christian or Jewish).

I know TWO cases in my family friends, where the MEN converted, because the women were muslim.
So you're going off on a completely different tangent here.
desigal90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

You shall refer to him as...NAWAAB SAHIB 😳

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
one can convert for the sake of doing it but frm mind/heart none can ever convert ...like Salman's mother , she changed her name to Salma after marriage but does she follow Islam ? No , she very much follows Hindu religion and her children follows both religions ... Divya bharti also changed her name ( ppl say converted ) to islam to marry Sajid but her funeral happened with all Hindu rituals , means she remained Hindu always and lots of other examples  

so this forcible conversion or * have to do it for this and that reason* doesn't help much ...how can some will star saying Allah when he/she used to say Bhagwan since he/she was born ... religion is the thing comes with a birth ...one can change a name but religion can never be converted unless one person wants it frm heart without any pressure like AR Rehman kind of ppl 

like above someone mentioned a lady converted back to Sikhism after her husband died , if she ever followed that religion frm heart why she came back to Sikhism ? means she did it for the sake of doing it not frm heart , and as soon her hubby died she again changed her name 

so i feel this word " convert " is not apt ... 
desigal90 thumbnail
I'm muslim and I also dont believe in conversion.
BUt then...I'm not really a practicing muslim, I've sorta strayed a bit, lol.

I'll also try to find that interview where Saif talks about how he doesnt believe in converting someone else coz people should remain loyal to their identities.
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: desigal90

☺️ Nawaab Sahib...wow!!!!!😳😳

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6