Saif to be named Nawaab of Pataudi in 40 days

Posted: 12 years ago
After 40 days, Saif Ali Khan to be named new Nawab

Even after the government abolished the Privy Purse in 1971, Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi continued to be regarded as a nawab in the 52 villages of the Pataudi riyasat. Pataudi's only son Saif Ali Khan will be named the Nawab of Pataudi riyasat 40 days after the burial ceremony of his father.

"We are expecting another huge gathering on that day, as people from across the state would come to see the pagri rasm (coronation ceremony) of Saif," said Asraf Ali, one of the loyal caretakers of the palace.

Typically, the locals get a glimpse of the Nawab family during the day-time Ramlila, a tradition started during the time of Pataudi's father, Nawab Iftikhar Ali Khan.

On Friday, Pataudi locals turned up in droves to pay their last respects.

"I have seen Saif many times here, with his father and alone as well. He mixes easily with village people. In such time, it is our duty to share with him his sorrow," said Luckman Khan, a resident of Pataudi.

aww sharmila looks beautiful in those pics!
I have a question guys.
I remember due to the fact that Tiger was the nawaab, he had to get a nikaah done, and sharmila converted.
now that saif is becoming the nawaab of pataudi, does it mean the same applies to him? Or due to the titles being officially abolished, he doenst have to adhere to any such rules?
Yeah, not a big deal..Kareena would have no problem converting. As it is she considers herself to be spiritual and not religious😛
why does one to convert in order to become someone elses wife? I find this stupid.  Sharmila converted to muslim, um didnt know that?! 
Theatre, in Islam, one cannot marry a non-muslim.
Muslim men can marry Christians or Jews, but other than that, you have to convert in order to have a nikaah.

When Sharmila married Tiger, Tiger was an official nawaab of that region. ANd he was told that unless he wants to lose his title, he needs to marry a muslim woman. So Sharmila went throug a conversion (atleast on paper).  She was given the name Ayesha.

I'm nto sure if the same goes for Saif since titles were abolished in the 70s, a year after Saif's birth. I think even this "crowning" is just for tradition's sake.

Personally, Saif's not religious at all and doesnt believe in conversion for marriage. I mean, he married Amrita, and she remained a sikh.
Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago
Kareena is so love struck..doubt she will have any issues converting.
Lets wait and see if either Kareena or Saif converts ðŸ˜•

Hmm, actually on second thought, I dont think any conversion crisis will occur.

Like the article said, titles were abolished in 1970s, hence this whole giving him the nawaab title is jsut honoring tradition. There's no law involved here.