Mumbai Track: SGP Fans, Relax!!

Spartan187 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I think people are taking this Ishaan leaving for Mumbai track way too seriously; there is only so many scenes you can have with Suhana learning household ways and her mistakes within this household; also, Ishaan going to the same job and encountering no challenges or changes, the series will get stale if thats all it shows. This track should obviously be a temporary one (6 months in TV time) and then they come back because at the end of the day, the series true strength is based on the family unit as a whole and its internal dynamics, humor, romance, etc. But to break up the monotony of the series, a change of scenery for Sushaan will be great. 

Remember when Sushaan went to Goa and the series still had the tracks running with the Kashyap household but you also had great romantic and funny scenes with Sushaan and also thoughtful scenes with that old couple they met (wife had cancer); the series was great at that point, at one of its high points, so the series can do well with Sushaan being away.

The romantic, comedic and emotional possiblities are huge in this track; remember what made this series popular when it was at its highest peak. SGP was at its most popular from the start, but for TRP ratings, from October to March it was at the top. WHY? The focus or main thread should mostly be on Sushaan and there should be 2-3 secondary threads at the most, any more and its too hard to keep track of and give everybody screen time. Now should there be storylines or threads where Sushaan isn't the main focus, of course. Sushaan should grow more mature (a little bit) but remember what Ishaan always tells Suhana, " tuum jaase be ho, vassai be raho".

Can you imagine the mishaps and mistakes Suhana will make trying to take care of a household alone; the cooking, cleaning, groceries, etc? Burning food, seeing Ishaans face when he tries it, her trying new recipes, burnng his clothes, screaming if she sees bugs while cleaning, doing laundry, trying to budget the money etc.? All the funny arguements her and Ishaan can have over everyday life, them getting naraz at each other but tthen always ending with a a sweet make way of ending the tension.

Also seeing her adjusting to married life without family support, getting a little more responsible but not TOO much because at the end of the day, Suhana is Suhana and this series premise and continued success will always be the differences betwen her upbringing and Ishaan's and those differences are what keeps it interesting. You don't want Suhana to get too mature and not make mistakes and become "typical house wife".

There should be comedic mistakes with Ishaan as well, Suhana shouldn't be the only one who should be learning and growing as a person. Ishaan needs to learn how big city works in Mumbai, learn more about popular culture, and not be a total BOLLU! The big thing is going to be HOW TO DATE lol. Let me explain; Suhana will have to do this a little bit too, but main focus is Ishaan's; Inder, Ilesh and now Deepak (future track Sanjana??) all met their "wives" before and was love marriage, they went out on dates, movies, long drives, etc. and then married. Ishaan was arranged so him and Suhana never dated and did all the fun stuff a couple does and now is the opportunity! 

Yes, the scenes they have in their bedroom are priceless; from being so funny when Suhana gets mad and chases him, when Ishaan purposely teases her, to sweet moments when he holds her face and says something nice, or helps her put on jewellry, her putting on tie etc and they should have those in Mumbai too but it also opens up a whole aspect to them. Being alone now, Sushaan will have to entertain each other; Ishaan just can't go to work, have Suhana stay home, then come home for dinner and then hang out home always.

Remember Suhana told Ishaan he doesn't really know how to romance a girl (the few time he is romantic, he does very well though, the gifts, his romantic talks, etc.). So he can learn candlenight dinners, disco's, parties, lounges, movies, walks, little trips etc so this can lead to romantic moments but also so much funny moments because he can mistakes and Suhana can laugh and teach him and he can learn. 

Can you imagine Ishaan at this total hot night spot; but it would be very cool for him to surprise Suhana and be a great dancer and make her jealous? For example, Suhana thinks Ishaan is a total Bollu but he goes on the dance floor and dances very good; (Remember when her and Sid were at club and he got mad when guy was interested in Suhana, it woul be cool to see her react when a girl went up to Ishaan and asked him to dance!)

Suhana can show him how to dress at parties, how to network at work functions, and also plan fun times with Ishaan and it will be nice to se him try to learn how to have fun with a girl in big city but he should also not get too chalak and worldy, its his innocent ways, his honesty and simplicity of heart that makes him great. 

To me, SGP has a chance to make it one of the best series ever. Let Sushaan have their great comedic and romantic scenes and on the other hand have a few tracks of the rest of the family (Aunt Kashaulya, Ilesh in trouble, Bada Papa etc) to fill out the rest of the episodes. You have the best combination of modern problems with the family traditions, what more could you ask for?

-Rinku

P.S. Looks like the CV's are doing a great job because there is no way Suhana could live with dadiji's sister with all her rules and be ok. It would be great to see Suhana get so frustrated with "older" dadi ji that she is the one that wants to go to Mumbai and be with Ishaan cuz living at home is torture! Ishaan should tease her and say she should stay with family and he can go alone (just a joke) and us SGP fans can see her explode.
Edited by Spartan187 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
So what r you trying to say?? I read everything and just could figure out staying with Dadi is a TORTURE , ( for how many days??) going to Mumbai and Romamce and comedy ,Trp high when only sushaan and romance, etc etc. I can't comment on anything but only this, you have got z lot os patience to write all this. And for me this is not the SGP I want. I like the whole package family with Suhana along with Ishaan , who is part of the family with which Suhana fall in love first. If I want to watch couple,s story and family side line , I would watch other soaps around plenty of them.Edited by venture - 12 years ago
MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Can you summarize the whole post in about 2-3 sentences, please? 🤣
trisha17 thumbnail
i think if suhana starts  doing house hold chores than she will be an exact copy of genelia in movie "life partner"
gendaphoolpn thumbnail
Originally posted by: venture

So what r you trying to say?? I read everything and just could figure out staying with Dadi is a TORTURE , ( for how many days??) going to Mumbai and Romamce and comedy ,Trp high when only sushaan and romance, etc etc. I can't comment on anything but only this, you have got z lot os patience to write all this. And for me this is not the SGP I want. I like the whole package family with Suhana along with Ishaan , who is part of the family with which Suhana fall in love first. If I want to watch couple,s story and family side line , I would watch other soaps around plenty of them.

well actually i understood it in the whole post that he has written
and sheema di, i don't think you quite did understand the post, because he basically said exactly what was in my mind...he didn't say things like sushaan romancing and all that, he said that sushaan didn't so all the things that couples usually do before marriage,, and truthfully i don't think the cv's will show just sushaan all the time! they will show the family too, and this story is not just family, family, family all the time, there is also some sushaan that we need in order for the story to be successful, but yea they should show sushaan maturing along with the family, but if you mix up too many stories, then the viewers will get confused, so in the coming months i want the main point to be sushaan and the side point the family😊
p.s.- i know that some people want the family to still to be the main point, but htis is my opinion that sushaan should be the main point, so please do not be so harsh with me with the comments that will soon get thrown on me, because of some people still wanting the family to be the main point🤣
Spartan187 thumbnail
Gendaphooln, you got the point I was trying to make. If I wanted the post to be short, i would have written a short post but I wanted to explain what i was trying to convey. In todays fast paced society i know its all about instant gratification and short attention spans so to the people that read the entire post, thank you; it took patience to write it and i know it will take patience to read it to understand my point.

I'm not saying the series has to be romantic scenes of Sushaan only, i'm saying just more scenes of them interacting in various different ways ie. Chores, work, dating, arguing, etc..Of course the series can't only be about Sushaan, the family is very important but i think a great example of a good combination is when they were on honeymoon.

They showed scenes of Sushaan and then they would scenes of the family at home so a mixture of both is what makes this series great. The family has had the focus for the last month and a half so now Sushaan can have a little more focus.

Ask yourself this question; other then the episode where everybody finds out about Bada papa, what episode had most people laughing or commenting on, most popular? It was the song scene between Ishaan and Suhana and "JALEBEI BAI" so that just shows what makes this series work; a combination of family AND Sushaan, not just a few scenes here and there but a dedicated track for them.

Again, thanks for reading the long post :)
infinity00 thumbnail
Okey you will get what you want, don't worry , just a reminder after the goa week , there was an half an hour episode on SGP and its story line , have u seen that ?? That explained very well by the makers what SGP is about. A balance of everything is what SGP is, the scenes you described is very familiar happens in every serial, it would be nice to see something different for a change. A progressive story which shows all aspects of couples life which includes family, a family where everybody is important. SGP is not made by me so who am I to say that you can't or won't have what you want, by all means we all have right to wish what we want.So I wish that you get what you want and when a time would come that I couldn't watch it , I wouldn't.
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Ummm !! Do you guys have a feeling that SGP is going to wrap up by december???

For some reason...Seeing the list of upcoming shows that are lining up for Star Plus and are going to start by December...I really wonder whats going on...! There are some 10-15 shows coming up !!! Where in the world are they going to accomodate those...

And now they are saying there is an Amna Shariff show( by makers of Pratigya...pratigya will end and this will replace that???)...another show by SGP makers (ending SGP retaining time slot?)...a show by Rajshri Productions...2 shows by Hats Off...and soo many other random shows !!! SP has really gone MAD I think...!
infinity00 thumbnail
I have the same feeling this 6 month in Mumbai would turn into permanent and the end if SGP on happy note, that's good.
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: venture

I have the same feeling this 6 month in Mumbai would turn into permanent and the end if SGP on happy note, that's good.

I am loving SGP ❤️at the moment so I cannot bear it ending!😭