doser thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

L'Oreal did it again. First they lightened up Beyonce and now Freida pinto for there new ad campaign. This is the first photo released from Freida's ad campaign for L'oreal Colors. Do you think L'Oreal needs to stop whitewashing its stars?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

uh oh!!

Ab tera kya hoga Freida?
sue themπŸ‘πŸΌ
chatpati900 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
After everything she's said about people in India discriminating based on color, I would hope she objects to this. But I'm willing to bet she won't say a word simply because it's L'Oreal Paris.
doser thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: chatpati900

After everything she's said about people in India discriminating based on color, I would hope she objects to this. But I'm willing to bet she won't say a word simply because it's L'Oreal Paris.

Even beyonce who often talks about racism never said anything when l'oreal was accused of lightening her skin tone
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Wow, for a minute.. I could not recognize her and thought it was someone from Hollywood. Too much of make up πŸ˜•

Originally posted by: chatpati900

& besides she is looking gorgeous  πŸ˜Š

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
They whitened up Sonam and Ash too.
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yeah Frieda, as someone who badmouths india constantly i would loveee to see how shes going to deal with this one. 
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: masakaliii

Yeah Frieda, as someone who badmouths india constantly i would loveee to see how shes going to deal with this one. 

LOL. I like that she does that.  I badmouth India more than Freida considering I'm not even a celeb. I don't like the fact that Indians only seem to be attracted towards "light skinned." for example, one of my second cousin in India I heard didn't want to marry some girl because she was too brown. ROFL. I don't like that mentality. it sickens me. Freida does have a right to badmouth the norms of Indian, and so do I.  πŸ˜† anyways, I hope this obession with "light skinned" dies soon. but it wont. 
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Theatre

LOL. I like that she does that.  I badmouth India more than Freida considering I'm not even a celeb. I don't like the fact that Indians only seem to be attracted towards "light skinned." for example, one of my second cousin in India I heard didn't want to marry some girl because she was too brown. ROFL. I don't like that mentality. it sickens me. Freida does have a right to badmouth the norms of Indian, and so do I.  πŸ˜† anyways, I hope this obession with "light skinned" dies soon. but it wont. 

Lol, Vikram, its not the fact that she badmouths india that makes her stupid. God knows i do it too. But it makes her much worse for being in a company that endorses the very thing she finds so repulsive, and i HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt she's going to step up and bad mouth 'LREAL' because its international. 

I'm not a fan of fairness creams and what not either, but it would make my whole 'campaign'against fairness creams in india'sort of MOOT if i'm in a Loreal print that photo shops my face to be lighter. So...  my point was never that her badmouthing was 'wrong', i was just pointing out her hypocrisy like the others on the thread.

Edited by masakaliii - 12 years ago