Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pooh_91 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
a nice perspective towards the bonds 😊 well done!
Abommi thumbnail
yeah...agree with u yaar
aa123.80 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Yep Anu, very rightly said.
Usually, Anjali's a crybaby, and it was so good to see her comforting Khushi like that. She was trying to console her like an elder sister. And how she just gave her a shoulder to cry on cause it would make Khushi feel better.
Payal, yeah she looks like Khushi's younger sister, cause in every crisis, it's Khushi comforting Payal and not vice-versa. And hence, Khushi's never really had the chance to act like the younger sister who needs support, cause she's always been busy trying to be the wiser and more responsible sister.
I loved to see the depth in that scene, and I hope Shyam doesn't ruin Khushi-Anjali's bond.
pooh_91 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
but thr r a few scenes wr payal is proactive like when she rebukes at arnav after he brings kushi home from that katara buiding and when she advices kushi against working at AR.
but i do agree that she does lack characters of a true sister.
bikerider thumbnail
Originally posted by: momma1128

While Barun was brilliant today, let's face it - the best scene today was Anjali and Khushi

ha so true ,  it looks as if that they compete with them self that who will do best today
and then scene fighting with them self  which is going to be best 😆
if you ask me which is the best its so tempting to say arnav searching for kushi 😳
he who said does not want to see her face now wants to see her and talk to her
kushi keeps putting her foot in the mouth but now even arnav has started doing it
says something to her and then repents but love seeing him in confusion 😆

- while ASR was doing a 'DOH!' face palm behind the palms.  He also did a different take on this PH's obsession with freaking tom and jerry chases.  So this time Tom (ASR) chases Jerry (KKG) to give him a piece of cheese instead of trying to hit him with a mallet.  Now onto the topic.

I don't know how many of you have read Chitra Banerjee Divyakaruni's book that is the title of my thread but it is about the bond between two friends separated by an ocean and how in tune they are to each other's emotions and hearts.  In today's lingo - sister from another mother (although brother from another mother sounds much more poetic, whatever, let's continue).  This is how I feel Anjali and Khushi are.

anjali and kushi are in a very similar dont you think so . both went through pain but
are strong willed enough to stand and fight and become an anchor.
I feel thats also one of the reason arnav gets pulled towards Kushi
she is just what he needs ,  carefree yet  becomes  tigress when needs to be.
emotional, believes in god 😳  i guess the day  kushi learns to read arnav's eyes
the way anjali reads its going to be full take over from kushi 😍
anjali is just training kushi to take that place so subtly done but training is going on 😳

I thought to myself as I watched that scene between Anjali and Khushi (and choked up thank you very much), why is it that Khushi has not shared this ache with Payal.  Why was it that when Khushi's orphan status was thrown in her face in the beginning episodes by the person she calls 'amma', Payal did not provide this type of support to unburden her sister?  Yes her wedding was called off, but KKG ran out in the middle of the night with Payal's best interest at heart, so why not the reciprocity.  Have there been moments between the sisters - yes - but not with this depth.

haha CVs make us laugh and cry too  , i am thoroughly enjoying a show after long long time.
Payal has always lead a life of safe and happy one.  why do you expect her to understand kushi
as arnav said its easy to understand when you have gone through it 😳
I am not even sure she understand why kushi goes through 😳
if you come to think of it kushi is as loner as Arnav but its just that like him she does not carry it on her shoulder or on face or make others suffer because her pain 👏
but its also too early to say will she stand up and fight for kushi lets wait and see what they do with her 😕

Somehow, I feel that the connection between Khushi and Anjali is stronger than Payal's (don't come over and chappalify me okay, it's only an opinion).  I really felt like I was watching Khushi's older sister - a jiji in every sense of the word.  I don't know if it is because of lack of writing or what have you, but in many circumstances, Payal acts like Khushi's younger sister.  She is the one who needs to be reassured that everything will be alright.  She is the one who sits at home with Buaji, worrying about money but not being proactive, Payal is the one who today - when Shyam asked who would take care of Babuji if she couldn't hold it together - is immediately reminded of Khushi.

agree that kushi take over payal when issue comes may be because kushi feel indebted to gupta family 😔 and wants to keep them happy  as much as possible.

It's probably a deliberate attempt to show closeness between Anjali and Khushi - so that the Shyam betrayal is even more bitter.

all depends on  who will know about shaym and  what will be anjli's reaction to arhi marriage 😕

once again a good post.
love your take on epis 👏
Zuzana thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks sharu for bringing me here🤗
This is a great thread and some lovely points👏

@momma: me too liked the scene between anjali and kushi...and I loved how anjali understood that kushi was missing her parents. Anjali as such is quite sensitive in understanding others...she has all these years managed to read Arnav thru his hard surface..so she is an expert we can say as its not easy to understand ASR😆,,,Payal as sharu said has not gone thru any pain.,...she has been in a protective environment...unlike kushi...cant deny she loves kushi very much..but not mature enought to play the sis role like anjali...in that way Arnav is lucky he has a wonderful sis ..kushi can be called more lonely as she cant share her sorrow abt her parents to anyone😭
I am still apprehensive of future anjali-kushi bonding as we have to see how anjali takes in the news tht her hubby is behind kushi😕

@sejal: agree with you the past week looks to have been directed by someone else😆..so if u find out anything more on tht pls enlighten us😉
bikerider thumbnail
^^ 🤗  
haha yes anjali is expert in understanding others. but yes will anjlai come to know about shyam being behind kushi
then how will she react.
i feel sad for both anjali and kushi.
Shaym 🤢 oh i wish arnav beats him rather than  blaming kushi

@sejal  good point  , may be 😆  as Zuzana said if you come across anything please let us also know
lets give credit  along with the name 😉
Zuzana thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: lwfw

^^ 🤗  

Shaym 🤢 oh i wish arnav beats him rather than  blaming kushi

sharu darling🤗...I will give u laddus if that happens😆
bikerider thumbnail
Originally posted by: Zuzana

sharu darling🤗...I will give u laddus if that happens😆

laddus sure, imagine how it will be oh how i wish😍,  sigh
Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: momma1128

While Barun was brilliant today, let's face it - the best scene today was Anjali and Khushi - while ASR was doing a 'DOH!' face palm behind the palms.  He also did a different take on this PH's obsession with freaking tom and jerry chases.  So this time Tom (ASR) chases Jerry (KKG) to give him a piece of cheese instead of trying to hit him with a mallet.  Now onto the topic.

I don't know how many of you have read Chitra Banerjee Divyakaruni's book that is the title of my thread but it is about the bond between two friends separated by an ocean and how in tune they are to each other's emotions and hearts.  In today's lingo - sister from another mother (although brother from another mother sounds much more poetic, whatever, let's continue).  This is how I feel Anjali and Khushi are.

I thought to myself as I watched that scene between Anjali and Khushi (and choked up thank you very much), why is it that Khushi has not shared this ache with Payal.  Why was it that when Khushi's orphan status was thrown in her face in the beginning episodes by the person she calls 'amma', Payal did not provide this type of support to unburden her sister?  Yes her wedding was called off, but KKG ran out in the middle of the night with Payal's best interest at heart, so why not the reciprocity.  Have there been moments between the sisters - yes - but not with this depth.

Somehow, I feel that the connection between Khushi and Anjali is stronger than Payal's (don't come over and chappalify me okay, it's only an opinion).  I really felt like I was watching Khushi's older sister - a jiji in every sense of the word.  I don't know if it is because of lack of writing or what have you, but in many circumstances, Payal acts like Khushi's younger sister.  She is the one who needs to be reassured that everything will be alright.  She is the one who sits at home with Buaji, worrying about money but not being proactive, Payal is the one who today - when Shyam asked who would take care of Babuji if she couldn't hold it together - is immediately reminded of Khushi.

It's probably a deliberate attempt to show closeness between Anjali and Khushi - so that the Shyam betrayal is even more bitter.

Great post Anu, ...the opening para is brilliant😊👏...and thank you for introducing a great author...sounds like she has written some amazing books...summer reading list done😊.

To your point about Khushi's instinctive connection with Anjali and it being closer than her bond with Payal...IMHO, it is nothing more strange than what say, a breast cancer survivor may feel an instant and close connection with another survivor even though they have met for the first time. The two may be able to relate and understand each other on that topic, better than with their other loved ones. That does not mean they don't have an entirely robust, satisfying and fulfilling relationship with their mother, or sister or husband...as the case may be. It is just a question of feeling the kinship that arises out of shared experience.

Anjali and Khushi feel that moment of total accord and complete understanding because both have lost their parents...seen them go, never to return. Payal still has her father and when he remarries, she has a loving mother too. Payal will never be able to feel Khushi's pain of being an orphan, even though the sisters love each other to bits and would do anything for each other.
Another example comes to mind...to those familiar with Harry Potter books, it is the kinship Harry and Luna feel...both have watched their loved ones die (their mothers)...the author goes one step ahead and makes this shared experience tangible in that it gives both of them the ability to see the Thestrals, who are invisible to all others. This connection does not in any way detract from Harry's extremely close friendship with Ron and Hermione.

And Anjali is that perfect elder sister, who is supposed to be older not only in age, but experience too, since she is the married one. In Indian culture, we place a lot of premium on the married state, whatever the rationale behind that one be...so even if a girl is younger in age, if she is married, she is considered more mature and is expected to take care of others.

The larger point about Payal being sort of useless as an older sister...that is true. But that is her character trait...that is who she is. Khushi has always taken the lead and Payal has always been happy to let her do so. She is the quintessential home-maker...like her Ammaji. It never even occurs to her that she can step out of the house and find a job...but if there is anything that needs to be done in the house, she will be the first one to take on the responsibility. Small things like calling Khushi...she asks Shyam to do...because her brain is wired to say that men should take the lead ...of course she will call once Shyam is not able to ...but her first instinct is to ask Shyam to make the phone call.

All this sounds almost alien to our sensibilities in this day and age, but there are enough girls/women who think that way even now.

Hope I have not bored everyone to sleep with this long tome😳